Windows 10: "Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client" error Message on Start Up.

Discus and support "Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client" error Message on Start Up. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using Window 8.1 and I am getting an erroe msg at start up that "Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client and it seems tyo cause a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlBurnsed, Apr 10, 2022.

1. AlBurnsed Win User

"Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client" error Message on Start Up.

I am using Window 8.1 and I am getting an erroe msg at start up that "Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client and it seems tyo cause a problem with saving files to my OneDrive. My question is, Will downloading and running the "Restoro Repair Tool" program possibly correct this issue?

:)

AlBurnsed, Apr 10, 2022
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Group Policy Client Services

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which version of Windows is installed on your computer?
    2. Is your system connected to Domain network?

If you are not on a domain network you can try the troubleshooting steps provided below.

Method 1: Winsock reset.

1. Start your PC in safe mode.
    2. Once you are on the same mode.
    3. Search for Command Prompt on the Start Menu.
    4. Right click and Run as Administrator.
    5. Type in netsh winsock reset
      on the command prompt and hit enter.
    6. Reboot the computer and check.

If you still face the issue you can try the suggestion

How to fix "The Group Policy Client service failed the logon. Access denied." error?
    Posted by Mohammad Iqubal, However from this article I suggest you not to delete the data, you can try to move
    it to a safe location.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Regards,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Apr 10, 2022
  3. Couldn't connect to windows group policy service????

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing as with error: Couldn't connect to windows group policy service, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know when exactly you received this error code?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted user profile, User Profile Service or Group Policy Client service stopped working, or Antivirus software conflicts.

I suggest you to check with the following and check if it helps.

Group Policy Client service, this service is responsible for applying settings configured by administrators for the computers and users through the Group Policy component. If the service is disabled
    the settings will be applied and applications and components will not be manageable through Group Policy.

Step 1: Stop the Group Policy Client service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start
    the service and set it to Automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 10, 2022
  4. "Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client" error Message on Start Up.

Failed to connect to the group policy client services

Hi Mukul,

Thank you for posting in Community. I understand your concern and we will try to assist you in the best way we can.

The issue that you are facing may be due to the reasons stated below:

· User Profile Service or Group Policy Client service stopped working.

· Antivirus software conflicts.

· I would suggest that you first check if the services for Group Policy are running.

To do so follow the steps mentioned below
    :

• Find the Group Policy Client service.
    • Right click on the service, and click on Properties.
    • The service status should be started and startup type
      automatic, if not, change the values accordingly, then click Apply and then OK.
    • Press Windows + R key and type "services.msc" and press enter.

Let us know if this helps.

Akheel Ahmed, Apr 10, 2022
Thema:

"Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client" error Message on Start Up.

1. "Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client" error Message on Start Up. - Similar Threads - couldn't connect Group

2. "Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client" error Message on Start Up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client" error Message on Start Up.: I am using Window 8.1 and I am getting an erroe msg at start up that "Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client and it seems tyo cause a problem with saving files to my OneDrive. My question is, Will downloading and running the "Restoro Repair Tool" program possibly...
  3. Group policy script on start up or shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group policy script on start up or shutdown: Hi, I have a bat script to disable Internet explorer, I have tested it and all works ok but now looking to deploy via a gpo, but not sure if I need to run in start up scrips or shutdown as the script needs a reboot to take affect?...
  4. Group policy script on start up or shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Group policy script on start up or shutdown: Hi, I have a bat script to disable Internet explorer, I have tested it and all works ok but now looking to deploy via a gpo, but not sure if I need to run in start up scrips or shutdown as the script needs a reboot to take affect?...
  5. Group policy script on start up or shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Group Policy Client Services

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Group Policy Client Services: I have been locked out of logging on. This is the message I receive: The Group Policy Client service failed to sign in . Access Denied. How do I fix this?...
  7. Group Policy and Client IP Conflicts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy and Client IP Conflicts: Hi, Everyone: I've been having some issues getting GPOs to apply successfully to a number of clients. Upon DNS server inspection, there are numerous clients which hold the same IP address. This is most likely the result of an onsite domain migration team failing to...
  8. Group policy client service - cant connect

in Windows 10 Support
    Group policy client service - cant connect: Hi, I've been using my Windows 10 laptop (initially came with Win 8.0, upgraded to Win8.1 then to 10) and this after noon when I booted, Windows started OK, but when I try to log into my a/c I get the error Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client service....
  9. group policy client service is stopped

in Windows 10 Support
    group policy client service is stopped: Symptons include the Settings > Update and Security Window freezes with a blank pane, and then disappears after a while (the time before disappearance varies.) Right clicks in File manager or any file related activity has long hang time, or may not recover. Chrome may fail...
  10. windows couldn't connect to group policy

in Windows 10 Support
    windows couldn't connect to group policy: I have windows 10 now and my computer takes forever to go on my homepage. It says 'windows couldn't connect to group policy client services. prevents standard users from signing in'. It also takes a long time to sign out and google chrome takes forever to come up. Windows...