Windows 10: Windows couldn't connect to the printer

Discus and support Windows couldn't connect to the printer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I have problem connecting to shared printer when I click connect on that printer then I get an error:Windows couldn’t connect to the printer. Check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tutek, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Tutek Win User

Windows couldn't connect to the printer

Hi,I have problem connecting to shared printer when I click connect on that printer then I get an error:Windows couldn’t connect to the printer. Check the printer’s name and try again.When I click two times on this printer on network share then I get:Operation code could not be completed error 0x00000709I spend many times web browsing to find solution but none worked.-I don't have update installed like KB5006670 or KB5007186-my pc and sharing pc are updated to windows 21H2 but the problem existed even earlier-I have tried connect to printer using netbios name or IP address - didn't help-wh

:)

Tutek, Nov 20, 2021

2. Windows 10 + printer connection

Hi murlichatlani,

Have you tried the suggestions on my initial post, in response to the original poster? If you haven't performed any troubleshooting yet, here are a couple of things you can try:

• Power off, and then power on your printer to restart it. Wait for a while for it to be fully ready.
    • Check your printer connection. Check your printer and make sure that it’s connected to your PC network.

If the steps didn't help, you may go through this list of suggestions to fix printer connection in Windows 10.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Aileen Alf, Nov 20, 2021
  3. Windows 10 + printer connection

Hi Debbie,

The printer offline status is your printer’s way of telling you that something is wrong with the communication between your computer and your printer, so one of the first things to check is your printer’s connection with your PC. Here are a couple of things
    you can try:

• Power off, and then power on your printer to restart it. Wait for a while for it to be fully ready.
    • Check your printer connection. Check your printer and make sure that it’s connected to your PC network.

Aside from the above steps, I also suggest that you go through this list of suggestions to fix printer connection
    in Windows 10.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Aileen Alf, Nov 20, 2021
  4. Windows couldn't connect to the printer

Printer error message “ could not connect printer to port”

I did connect the cable with the printer off as directed.......but when I used the supplied driver disk it couldn’t locate the printer
    Local so I tried the network option, didn’t find on auto but wasn’t sure how to enter the printer up manually, shouldn’t be that difficult....

will uninstall driver and try again, but repeated this several times already....

thanks, hopefully some more help will be forthcoming....

reddwarf4ever, Nov 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows couldn't connect to the printer

1. Windows couldn't connect to the printer - Similar Threads - couldn't connect printer

2. Windows not connecting to Printer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not connecting to Printer.: Windows will not communicate with HP ENVY 5530 Printer all printer settings are functioning via Samsung Xperia Phone but not the Lenovo Computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-not-connecting-to-printer/5bdcda20-c379-4e1b-837c-2270ad4bb8b5
  3. Windows couldn't connect to the printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows couldn't connect to the printer: Hi,I have problem connecting to shared printer when I click connect on that printer then I get an error:Windows couldn’t connect to the printer. Check the printer’s name and try again.When I click two times on this printer on network share then I get:Operation code could not...
  4. Windows couldn't connect to the printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows couldn't connect to the printer: Hi,I have problem connecting to shared printer whan I click connect I get an eror:Windows couldn’t connect to the printer. Check the printer’s name and try again.When I click two times on this printer on network share then I get:Operation code could not be completed error...
  5. Connect to All Printers over Network "Windows Couldn't Connect To The Printer"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect to All Printers over Network "Windows Couldn't Connect To The Printer": I have a problem with my pc. I try to connect with some network printers, but the result is "Windows Couldn't Connect To The Printer". I've tried restarting the print spooler, copying the mscms.dll file, deleting the printer and driver, then deleting the Client Side Rendering...
  6. Connect to All Printers over Network "Windows Couldn't Connect To The Printer"

Connect to All Printers over Network "Windows Couldn't Connect To The Printer": I have a problem with my pc. I try to connect with some network printers, but the result is "Windows Couldn't Connect To The Printer". I've tried restarting the print spooler, copying the mscms.dll file, deleting the printer and driver, then deleting the Client Side Rendering...
  7. Windows Couldn't Connect To The Printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Couldn't Connect To The Printer: I have a problem with the printer connection over the network. I try to connect with some network printers, but the result is "Windows Couldn't Connect To The Printer". I've tried restarting the print spooler, copying the mscms.dll file, deleting the printer and driver, then...
  8. "Connect" app ... Couldn't connect?

"Connect" app ... Couldn't connect?: Hello, I have a new Dell XPS 15 9570 and just got a new free Surface pro from a SANS class I was hoping to use as a portable monitor for my laptop. I can "Connect" or project (extend desktop) from my Surface to my laptop but that is backwards from what I want. When I try...
  9. Windows 10 Connect App - Couldn't Connect?

Windows 10 Connect App - Couldn't Connect?: Hello, I am trying to use the new Windows 10 Connect App. I have a Window 10 PC and tablet, both on the latest AU build. I also have a phone with Window 10 Mobile. On the PC, I connect to my Wifi network, ensure settings are setup (Settings-System-Projecting to this...
  10. windows couldn't connect to group policy

in Windows 10 Support
    windows couldn't connect to group policy: I have windows 10 now and my computer takes forever to go on my homepage. It says 'windows couldn't connect to group policy client services. prevents standard users from signing in'. It also takes a long time to sign out and google chrome takes forever to come up. Windows...