Windows 10: Windows "couldn't install updates"

Discus and support Windows "couldn't install updates" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer keeps changing the options of restart and shutdown to "update and shut down" and "update and restart" respectively. Then, it will "install"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CodyDillard, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Windows "couldn't install updates"

My computer keeps changing the options of restart and shutdown to "update and shut down" and "update and restart" respectively. Then, it will "install" these updates and then, after a lengthy process, say it couldn't install updates. Then, a few days later it will try again, fail again, and then repeat. This has been going on for months, and I don't know what to do. I haven't updated my computer in a very long time due to this issue.

:)

CodyDillard, Jan 24, 2021
  2. Walo71a Win User

Update KB4550961 couldn´t be installed

Hi! I´ve tried hard to install KB 4550961 unsuccessfully. Even run this or that in order to correct whatever the problem might be.

However, after restart it appears “Updates couldn’t be installed” on the screen. Running Scannow and Restorehealth as Administrator didn´t work either.

I´ve also gone step by step thru “Fix Windows Update errors” steps 1 to 5. I´m reluctant to follow Step 6 Reset or Reinstall Windows – Refresh is not included - because I´m afraid I might loss some stuff important, though I created
    a restoration point and a USB recovery drive, just in case.

Walo71a, Jan 24, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 24, 2021
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows "couldn't install updates"

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Windows "couldn't install updates"

1. Windows "couldn't install updates" - Similar Threads - couldn't install updates

2. Couldn't install update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't install update: Hello,I am currently using Windows 10 22H2 and am trying to update to Windows 11. My HP all-in-one is compatible as said by Windows Update, PC Health Check, and Windows 11 Installation Assistant. I have tried to install through both Windows Update, and the install assistant...
  3. Couldn't install update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Couldn't install update: Hello,I am currently using Windows 10 22H2 and am trying to update to Windows 11. My HP all-in-one is compatible as said by Windows Update, PC Health Check, and Windows 11 Installation Assistant. I have tried to install through both Windows Update, and the install assistant...
  4. Couldn't install updates in powerpoint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't install updates in powerpoint: Kindly advise. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/couldnt-install-updates-in-powerpoint/968c46ff-8ab3-4bc6-af5d-f27283868309
  5. Couldn't install updates in powerpoint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Couldn't install updates in powerpoint: Kindly advise. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/couldnt-install-updates-in-powerpoint/968c46ff-8ab3-4bc6-af5d-f27283868309
  6. couldn't install update 0x800f0905

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    couldn't install update 0x800f0905: Hello i want to ask, i cannot install 2021-08 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems KB5005101 and there is code 0x800f0905.what should i do?Seto...
  7. Windows couldn't finish installing updates

Windows couldn't finish installing updates: I have Windows 10 Home and for a half a year I have been getting this "Windows couldn't finish installing the updates" error. I've tried everything. I've been constantly stopping the Windows update service and sometimes I just gave up to just see the same error once again. My...
  8. Windows couldn't finish installing updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows couldn't finish installing updates: My Asus Z68 pc had an update that just refuses to run and gets stuck ina loop after the reboot. it downloads, but after reboot. a never ending loop. I have more computers, but this is the one that this update is just screwed up. I spent 4 hours today trying to fix it. I am...
  9. Windows couldn't finish installing updates.

Windows couldn't finish installing updates.: I have Windows 10 Home and for a half a year I have been getting this "Windows couldn't finish installing the updates" error. I've tried everything. I've been constantly stopping the Windows update service and sometimes I just gave up to just see the same error once again. My...
  10. Couldn't finish installing updates

Couldn't finish installing updates: After many rounds of download/undoing changes machine shut off. Waited hour, after it restarted itself the 2nd time a View update history window popped up Two 2020 5 cumulative updates didn't install KB4552931 and KB4556799 What to do?...