Windows 10: Windows crash, even in recoverability mode

Discus and support Windows crash, even in recoverability mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently built a new pc, asrock b450m pro4 motherboard and rx 580 gpu. Installed windows 10 from a usb and got the motherboard drivers and gpu drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MattKubal, Mar 29, 2020.

1. MattKubal Win User

Windows crash, even in recoverability mode

Recently built a new pc, asrock b450m pro4 motherboard and rx 580 gpu. Installed windows 10 from a usb and got the motherboard drivers and gpu drivers from online. Worked great the first day, overclocked the ram to 3200hz which is the advertised amount at 1.3V with no overheating. However today it crashed and keeps crashing with the error DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. I tried booting in recoverability mode after doing 3 hard resets and running scannow but it crashed again and gave the error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION ahcache.sys. I cant do anything on the pc, huge cost to work for a day. Any help appreciated.

:)

MattKubal, Mar 29, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 29, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Windows crash, even in recoverability mode

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows crash, even in recoverability mode

1. Windows crash, even in recoverability mode - Similar Threads - crash recoverability mode

2. Windows explorer keeps crashing even in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer keeps crashing even in safe mode: Hello, I have an issue with windows crashing every few minutes and it is making using my computer a nightmare. When this happens i cannot use the desktop or the task bar. ctl + alt + delete followed by opening task manager I have to click once for the screen to respond the i...
  3. Windows explorer keeps crashing even in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer keeps crashing even in safe mode: Hello, I have an issue with windows crashing every few minutes and it is making using my computer a nightmare. When this happens i cannot use the desktop or the task bar. ctl + alt + delete followed by opening task manager I have to click once for the screen to respond the i...
  4. Windows seem to crash in the evening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows seem to crash in the evening: Hi,This problem has happened twice and I don't understand why and hope one of you guys may be able to help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-seem-to-crash-in-the-evening/e8953273-33bd-4657-aa54-4146bf331191
  5. Windows 10 crashes or freezes even in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 crashes or freezes even in Safe Mode: Troubleshooting in Windows Safe Mode is meant to solve Windows problems by starting only the system essentialal services and processes. However, some Windows users are complaining that the Windows crashes or freezes even when they boot in Safe Mode. Windows 10 crashes or...
  6. Windows 10 crashing into a permanent hibernation state not recoverable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 crashing into a permanent hibernation state not recoverable.: Hey there, Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat as myself. Over the last couple of weeks, my windows 10 pc has been randomly dropping into hibernation mode. This is permanent until I restart. Nothing can break this hibernation state. Not even control, alt,...
  7. Un-recoverable Windows 10 installation.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Un-recoverable Windows 10 installation.: I've tried EVERYTHING, including Microsoft support. Last resort would be to reset the computer, which may result in some loses, including most or all applications. Is it possible to reinstall a Windows 7 from ghost image??? Some have suggested installing a registry repair...
  8. ntoskrnl.exe causing crashes and BSOD, even in safe mode

ntoskrnl.exe causing crashes and BSOD, even in safe mode: Hello Everyone, Hope you are all having a good day! I have been facing the BSOD issue for months! it first started while using photoshop, Laptop kept getting BSOD then stopped working Windows diagnostics showed that the RAM is Faulty. What i have done is: -Replace RAM...
  9. Blocked account not recoverable

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Blocked account not recoverable: So this may be a long story, but I think its an unbreakable loop. I created an alternate family account. Not only that, but I gave the account admin, and disabled mine. Currently, this account I am using to type this has no admin. But there is a twist. I was still head...
  10. Win 10 crashes - not even safe mode works

Win 10 crashes - not even safe mode works: Hi everyone! I'm trying to get an HP Pavillion laptop with Win 10 to start properly. What happens is that I reach the login screen, it accepts the login and says "Welcome", but after 10 min of trying to actually reach the desktop, it crashes and a fault message shows saying...