Windows 10: windows crash or getting stuck

Discus and support windows crash or getting stuck in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hello everyone! so i have a weird problem on my device windows 10 randomly "stop refreshing" or "kinda freezing" like when im browsing the internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RX93V2, Aug 4, 2020.

1. RX93V2 Win User

windows crash or getting stuck

hello everyone! so i have a weird problem on my device

windows 10 randomly "stop refreshing" or "kinda freezing"

like when im browsing the internet its normal but when i open task manager or right click anything its so slow and leaves an artifact behind, and on task manager everything at 100% usage and its static like it has been freezed.

and then i can open the start menu but i cant shut the computer down or restart, when i press those buttons nothing happens, i have to cut the power or press the power button on the case till the pc is off.

and when its on everything is normal again

this happens randomly and once or twice each day or per 3 days or a week even, i have no idea what it is or whats the cause i hope someone can help me

thank you!

:)

RX93V2, Aug 4, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 4, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Aug 4, 2020
  4. aronchick Win User

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

1. windows crash or getting stuck - Similar Threads - crash getting stuck

2. Windows 11 gets stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 gets stuck: I'm using Windows 11 for past 2 months with WSL and Docker installed. I usually use to for web development. From the past 3 to 4 days I'm experiencing some freezing to my Windows even it got stuck twice for around 8 seconds while writing this text. I have the following PC...
  3. Programs opening but crash and get stuck as processes running in background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs opening but crash and get stuck as processes running in background: I've encountered 4 programs crashing on start up and then being stuck as processes that I cannot end and require me to force shut down my computer by holding the power button in order to clear. The programs would be games, being Diablo 4 Beta, Peglin, Destiny 2, and Apex...
  4. Programs opening but crash and get stuck as processes running in background

Programs opening but crash and get stuck as processes running in background: I've encountered 4 programs crashing on start up and then being stuck as processes that I cannot end and require me to force shut down my computer by holding the power button in order to clear. The programs would be games, being Diablo 4 Beta, Peglin, Destiny 2, and Apex...
  5. Windows index gets stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows index gets stuck: Dear reader,My windows indexing has been getting stuck for a while now. It constantly uses about 30% of the CPU but it does practically nothing. It stalls at 2000 ish indexed items. Even after leaving the pc on for multiple days. I've tried in no piratical order: - excluding...
  6. Windows index gets stuck

Windows index gets stuck: Dear reader,My windows indexing has been getting stuck for a while now. It constantly uses about 30% of the CPU but it does practically nothing. It stalls at 2000 ish indexed items. Even after leaving the pc on for multiple days. I've tried in no piratical order: - excluding...
  7. Windows lockscreen getting stuck

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows lockscreen getting stuck: A lot of the time when my laptop has been closed for a while, open it back up it just shows my lockscreen picture and nothing else except my cursor. It doesn't show the time or date like usual. I have installed a clean installation of Windows and it didn't help. Pressing...
  8. Stuck at Getting Windows ready

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck at Getting Windows ready: After I hit update and shut down, my PC got stuck at 35% and more than 3 hours passed by. Then I tried to go to advanced settings and troubleshoot/ do anything from that menu but in order to do so, I needed to login to my microsoft account. While trying to do that, it showed...
  9. windows update getting stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update getting stuck: Windows update getting stuck at "Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 status : Downloading - 100%". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-getting-stuck/d76cb1ee-457a-4c17-ba80-ec2e4415de5d
  10. Windows is getting stucked always.....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is getting stucked always.....: My device is a Acer E 15. 8GB ddr3 ram , intel core i5 8th gen processor , with dedicated nvidia 2gb vga. It doesn't have any hardware problem. It runs with windows 10 pro latest updates. 1 During the boot process windows logo displayed and loading nearly 10-15min to...