Windows 10: Windows crashes because it tries to open a file that doesn't exist

Discus and support Windows crashes because it tries to open a file that doesn't exist in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, So, my pc for the past ~3 weeks crashed about 3 to 4 times. I thought because it was the cpu OC that was causing it, but when I removed it it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dobra_kastrace, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Windows crashes because it tries to open a file that doesn't exist

Hello,
    So, my pc for the past ~3 weeks crashed about 3 to 4 times. I thought because it was the cpu OC that was causing it, but when I removed it it still crashed. So I wanted to find out what caused it to do so, and in the Event Viewer it told me that Windows couldn't open a file, when I copied the file path the folder doesn't exist, and it's this issue that caused all of my crashed, Windows couldn't open a file that didn't exist. crash log :svchost 38316,R,98 TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error -1023 0xfffffc01 occurred while opening logfile C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log. . I saw that there is like a thousand of these error messages except that the number after svchost changes.
    Please I really need help because it annoys me whenever I'm working or playing games.
    Thank you

:)

dobra_kastrace, Jun 7, 2020

2. Forza Horizon 4 - Crashing on Startup, doesn´t run

Hi Vijay,

thanks for response. I tried your steps with a Google DNS and Open DNS - but it doesn´t help.

The game still crashes in the moment I try to run it.

I'll be glad for another solutions.

Vít Řípa, Jun 7, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows crashes because it tries to open a file that doesn't exist [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 7, 2020
  4. CyrrusV Win User

Windows crashes because it tries to open a file that doesn't exist

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows crashes because it tries to open a file that doesn't exist

1. Windows crashes because it tries to open a file that doesn't exist - Similar Threads - crashes tries open

2. Account doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account doesn't exist: I'm using my school account to ask this but, I have a personal account that I made when I bought my PC a couple years ago and while it's still connected to my PC whenever I try to login online I states the above. I went through Microsoft costumer service but, it didn't really...
  3. Account doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Account doesn't exist: I'm using my school account to ask this but, I have a personal account that I made when I bought my PC a couple years ago and while it's still connected to my PC whenever I try to login online I states the above. I went through Microsoft costumer service but, it didn't really...
  4. Account doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account doesn't exist: When my ex set up my computer, for some reason he made an Outlook account that I've never used. My sign in page for my computer has this email address and so I have a Microsoft account associated with that bogus email. All my photos are backing up to this account, all my...
  5. PC tries to default login to a user that doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC tries to default login to a user that doesn't exist: My husband recently wiped his old PC and gave it to me to use for school work. Despite completely wiping the PC and reinstalling the OS the computer keeps defaulting to log in to his old account when it has been restarted. This account has been entirely has been removed from...
  6. Windows 10 Settings file doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Settings file doesn't exist: Half of apps in hidden folder "WindowsApps" got deleted, i restored almost everything except Settings. "sfc /scannow" and "dism.exe" didn't helped. When i trying to start settings from Powershell as administrator start ms-settings, this error appears: start : This command...
  7. Opening Existing Power Point File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening Existing Power Point File: Attempted to open a power point file that I created several weeks ago, and accessed yesterday and printed. Error message "Sorry, power point cannot read .......
  8. Keyset doesn't exist

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyset doesn't exist: I reset my password two days or so ago and then when I was trying to figure out an issue with Skype saying my pin was an issue, I discovered that my account on my Microsoft computer stated that I needed to verify my identity. When I tried to do that, it gave me an error...
  9. Java tries to execute jar files on a version that doesn't exist on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Java tries to execute jar files on a version that doesn't exist on my computer: [IMG] As you can see I don't have Java 13.0.2 in my program files in 86x, java 1.8 is there and there seems to be no way to solve this. Can anyone help? [ATTACH]...
  10. Calendar crashes when opening existing event

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Calendar crashes when opening existing event: Hi, When I open an exising event to view or edit it, the Calendar app crashes and just evaporates. I've tried updating and troubleshooting but nothing worked. I reset the Calendar app in Settings but still get the same problem. Calendar version is 16005.12624.20212.0 on Win...