Windows 10: Windows Crashes/BSOD While Playing World of Warcraft

Discus and support Windows Crashes/BSOD While Playing World of Warcraft in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, My new computer has been frequently experiencing crashes/BSOD while playing World of Warcraft WoW - Classic. The problem has been occurring... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hensengp, Jul 3, 2020.

1. hensengp Win User

Windows Crashes/BSOD While Playing World of Warcraft

Hello,

My new computer has been frequently experiencing crashes/BSOD while playing World of Warcraft WoW - Classic. The problem has been occurring for about 3 weeks now and I have made various unsuccessful attempts to solve the problem. At this point I am most interested in trying to learn as much information as I can about what is causing the crashes so I know what needs to be done to correct it. Initially the error messages suggested to me that the problem had something to do with the GPU driver, so I reinstalled the driver which seemed to mitigate the issue for about a week. Once the problem reappeared, reinstalling the driver was no longer effective. The crashes seem to occur mostly when I am playing WoW and attempt to alt-tab to another open window. Recently the crashes have begun occurring outside of WoW, specifically when I attempt to shut down the computer or leave the computer idle with no or only minimal programs open. This recent development is very concerning to me because it suggests that the problem is getting worse. The problem is odd because as long as I don't attempt to alt-tab, or simply get lucky, I am able to play WoW and generally use my computer for long periods of time without experiencing a crash. I would like to note that I play WoW on low graphical settings and the game is generally not graphically intense.

The model of computer I purchased is: https://www.microcenter.com/product/618836/powerspec-b244-desktop-computer

Several DMP files from recent crashes can be found here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlzNtanqcudli0p1gIamjPIQyd7g?e=vgUNJb

Any assistance you can provide toward helping me solve this problem is greatly appreciated. If any additional information is needed please let me know and I will do my best to provide it.

Thanks in advance.

:)

hensengp, Jul 3, 2020

2. BSOD while playing world of warcraft

I have been getting ingame crashes in world of Warcraft for a few weeks now and also chrome is crashing the blizz techs have told me it may be a corrupt windows instillation so I did a fresh reinstall of windows 10 the other day and I have had a few BSOD they seem fairly random and not only when I'm playing games I missed the error code on the last crash but I will get it if I BSOD again I have attached the file with dxdiag etc
    Thanks in advance for any help on this issue

Aussiejohn, Jul 3, 2020
  3. nudelz Win User
    Constant BSODs while playing World of Warcraft

I have constant BSODs while playing World of Warcraft. I do not have BSODS at any other time.

Sometimes the BSOD message is: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
    Other times: KERNAL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE

Any help is appreciated. Ive been having this problem for month and I'm at my wits end.

Thanks in advance for the help!

nudelz, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Windows Crashes/BSOD While Playing World of Warcraft

World Of Warcraft BSOD Win10 64bit.

I've been having a lot of random game crashes, and now BSOD but only when playing world of warcraft.

A lot of troubleshooting has been done already, uninstall+ re-install, removing "addons" etc.

I have also done extended memory diagnostic tests repeatedly, sfc/scannow, and several other disc check utilities. Nothing every finds any problems.

I have done all of my updates, and have the most recent version of software for every program and piece of hardware on my pc.

All of my drivers are digitally signed/verified.

Several months of troubleshooting back and forth have taken place between Warcraft game staff and myself to narrow down the problems.

However, now that things have escalated into BSOD, they insist that it's "Beyond their scope" being an Operating system Issue, so I should "Talk to a local tech".

But, the problem exists for me only with World of Warcraft. And it never occurred on my computer till the most recent expansion pack came out several months back.

And since it only occurs in this specific game, I really doubt the validity of it being operating system or hardware issues, since I play things with MUCH more graphics intensive and system intensive requirements like Subnautica and several other rpgs through
    Steam and have zero issues.

Picture Below is most commonly occuring crash in the game that the developers say is Operating system related.

But I also get a lot of BSOD, and it says things like "Exception not handled" "Krnl.exe Exception" and a few other things.

I can't fathom what is causing this, and apparently neither can the tech support people from the game.

Any suggestions/fixes, tips/tricks?

Let me know what kind of logs, etc you'll need to help out!.

Thanks in advance!

Windows Crashes/BSOD While Playing World of Warcraft 0537ad3b-20e9-4439-a26c-992b491d156d?upload=true.jpg

Nox_Arcana79, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows Crashes/BSOD While Playing World of Warcraft

1. Windows Crashes/BSOD While Playing World of Warcraft - Similar Threads - Crashes BSOD While

2. Laptop crashing while playing World of Warcraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashing while playing World of Warcraft: Hello to you all who read this and offer to help. Let me start off by explaining I will post both links of the previous help I have received which will show you the many steps already taken several times over, hopefully to mark off a few steps from the list of issues that...
  3. Laptop crashing while playing World of Warcraft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop crashing while playing World of Warcraft: Hello to you all who read this and offer to help. Let me start off by explaining I will post both links of the previous help I have received which will show you the many steps already taken several times over, hopefully to mark off a few steps from the list of issues that...
  4. Laptop crashing while playing World of Warcraft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD while playing World of Warcraft

BSOD while playing World of Warcraft: When playing World of Warcraft my game crashes randomly. Sometimes resulting in a BSOD like this. Minidump https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkRIjjX48IYVgo1-AZWkmnlKdvisYQ?e=YXrNJD Please help me resolve this! I do not know which driver is causing this issue. I have checked windows...
  6. Constant BSODs while playing World of Warcraft

Constant BSODs while playing World of Warcraft: I have constant BSODs while playing World of Warcraft. I do not have BSODS at any other time. Sometimes the BSOD message is: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Other times: KERNAL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE Any help is appreciated. Ive been having this problem for month and I'm at my...
  7. BSOD while playing World of Warcraft

BSOD while playing World of Warcraft: Can anyone analyze this and tell me what driver was the issue? EDIT 2: Uploaded using the BSOD tool from this forum in case the below doesn't work EDIT: New dump: 123115-13015-01.rar - Google Drive 35815
  8. BSOD while launching or playing World of Warcraft,

BSOD while launching or playing World of Warcraft,: Just this past week I have been getting windows 10 crashes, either at launch or just entering World of Warcraft. I have over 20 tickets with gm's of the game and they have now told me that they have exhausted all their efforts in attempts to help. I pretty much tried...
  9. BSOD while playing world of warcraft

BSOD while playing world of warcraft: I have been getting ingame crashes in world of Warcraft for a few weeks now and also chrome is crashing the blizz techs have told me it may be a corrupt windows instillation so I did a fresh reinstall of windows 10 the other day and I have had a few BSOD they seem fairly...
  10. BSOD World of Warcraft

BSOD World of Warcraft: Hard to put a finger on this BSOD, as it seems like it happens at random, but most of the time when playing World of Warcraft. Also the BSOD is different every time it seems, Mostly Memory Management. Also when it crashes sometimes it has trouble starting back up. But if I...