Windows 10: Windows crashes during installation

Discus and support Windows crashes during installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am loading Windows on a new build. I used the MCT to make a 64 bit installation stick. Unless I disconnect from the internet I cannot get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RE-lAR-kVOTHE, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Windows crashes during installation

I am loading Windows on a new build. I used the MCT to make a 64 bit installation stick. Unless I disconnect from the internet I cannot get the installation to go beyond the security questions. As soon as I get that done I hit continue and after a few seconds the installation dies and I must reboot. When it comes back up an error code appears, inaccessible boot device. This has happened on 3 different motherboards with 3 different CPUs. All are AMD chipset boards x370, x570, B550 with 3900x, 5800x, and 5950x CPUs respectively. I tried 2 different PSUs HX1200 and RM750 Corsairs and two types of memory modules known to work well with Ryzen CPUs. The only common component between the three rigs is a RX580 AMD GPU. I tried M.2 and 2.5" SSDs, I have built a few dozen systems in the last 4-5 years. Never have I run into a situation like this.

I know the flash drive with the OS works because I installed a formatted Samsung SSD on my main work rig and used the flash drive to install the OS, worked fine. That is an older Intel rig with an Asus P8P67 Deluxe and a 2600K CPU. Is there something I am missing on the newer bios' for the Ryzen CPUs and relative motherboards?

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

:)

RE-lAR-kVOTHE, Apr 16, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 16, 2021
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Windows crashes during installation

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows crashes during installation

1. Windows crashes during installation - Similar Threads - crashes during installation

2. Windows 10/11 Crashes during install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 Crashes during install: Hello, I had geek squad build me a computer in Nov 2022, because I just didn't have the time and the cost was reasonable. I have built 5 or 6 systems in the past, but it has been 10-15 years and I haven't stayed up with the current tech. The computer worked great until Jan...
  3. Windows 10/11 Crashes during install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10/11 Crashes during install: Hello, I had geek squad build me a computer in Nov 2022, because I just didn't have the time and the cost was reasonable. I have built 5 or 6 systems in the past, but it has been 10-15 years and I haven't stayed up with the current tech. The computer worked great until Jan...
  4. Computer crashed during fresh install of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashed during fresh install of windows: I'm using an HP EliteBook 8440p laptop, My computer became very cluttered and messy so I decided it would be nice to completely start over with a fresh install of Windows. My computer halfway through attempting to reinstall Windows started to overheat, then it got to the...
  5. Computer crashed during fresh install of windows

Computer crashed during fresh install of windows: I'm using an HP EliteBook 8440p laptop, My computer became very cluttered and messy so I decided it would be nice to completely start over with a fresh install of Windows. My computer halfway through attempting to reinstall Windows started to overheat, then it got to the...
  6. Computer crashed during fresh install of windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Crashing during clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashing during clean install: Since my pc was acting up I've been trying to reinstall windows 10. 10 times in a row it has crashed during installation and had to start from the very beginning and crashes at different points. I've check every physical component, the UEFI settings including clearing the...
  8. Crashing during clean install

Crashing during clean install: Since my pc was acting up I've been trying to reinstall windows 10. 10 times in a row it has crashed during installation and had to start from the very beginning and crashes at different points. I've check every physical component, the UEFI settings including clearing the...
  9. Crashing during clean install

10. Crashes during Windows 10 install.

Crashes during Windows 10 install.: Hello, I have a two year old laptop Asus FX504GE that has been having issues with the latest not sure which one Windows 10 update for the last few months. It would install the update, crash and then roll back the update. Everything was working fine once the update was rolled...