Windows 10: Windows crashes every time I restart

Discus and support Windows crashes every time I restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time I restart, my computer shuts down fine, and when it comes time for the loading screen to show up, there's just...nothing. For 10-15 minutes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jim_385, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Jim_385 Win User

Windows crashes every time I restart

Every time I restart, my computer shuts down fine, and when it comes time for the loading screen to show up, there's just...nothing. For 10-15 minutes. Then there's a crash report that shows up, and then it starts. But it starts and operates thereafter slowly and in a stuttering manner, like when you start up a computer after you've shut it down by holding the power button. This problem applies to restarting and shutting down. It has led me to believe that every time I restart or shut down the computer, a crash occurs. I'm no computer genius, but I'm fairly sure that's not good for a computer operating system at all. What can I do to fix this? I'm running Windows 10 Home edition, with an Intel Core i5-7400.

:)

Jim_385, Jul 26, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 26, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Windows crashes every time I restart

Windows 10 - Explorer Crashing and Restarting Every minute or so

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to access Internet Explorer as it crashes and restarts every time, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to refer to the below article and perform the troubleshooting steps mentioned and check.

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

Hope it help. Feel free to contact us for further issues on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows crashes every time I restart

1. Windows crashes every time I restart - Similar Threads - crashes every restart

2. Bugcheck crashes computer every time I try to restart, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bugcheck crashes computer every time I try to restart, how do I fix this?: The error message in event viewer is as follows:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8010b619593, 0xffff878af5b10438, 0xffff878af5b0fc70. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  3. Bugcheck crashes computer every time I try to restart, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bugcheck crashes computer every time I try to restart, how do I fix this?: The error message in event viewer is as follows:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8010b619593, 0xffff878af5b10438, 0xffff878af5b0fc70. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  4. Bugcheck crashes computer every time I try to restart, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.

Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.: Always after restarting when I look at the time, it shows a completely different time. I set the computer to synchronize with the time zone, but it still doesn't show me the correct time. What should i do?...
  6. Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.: Always after restarting when I look at the time, it shows a completely different time. I set the computer to synchronize with the time zone, but it still doesn't show me the correct time. What should i do?...
  7. Every time I click sign out the windows is restarting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Every time I click sign out the windows is restarting: I have a problem with Windows 10 running on the domain-based. Whenever the regular "user" clicks Sign Out" from their account, the Windows computer restarts instead of supposedly logging out to the Windows login menu. It doesn't happen if I use an administrator account....
  8. Windows crashing every time!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows crashing every time!: Why is it that when windows crashes 4 or 5 times per 2 hrs in my new PC, it becomes totally unresponsive, pls help, also recently I made a post on updating my PC problem which I thought would solve the problem but it didn't and made it worse, any suggestions ? submitted by...
  9. Windows Mail Crashes Every Time

Windows Mail Crashes Every Time: I JUST got my new HP 2020 Spectre x360 today and was setting it up and whenever i click on the Focused Inbox or Help or Notifications in the Mail app, the app just crashes. The laptop is on 1904 by default but I also forced the upgrade to 2004 to see if that would help and...
  10. Bluetooth is Off Every Time I Restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth is Off Every Time I Restart: I have a Dell XPS13 9350. I recently had to wipe the computer. When I restored it, Bluetooth is off every time I restart the computer. To resolve I have to run the Bluetooth troubleshooter. The troubleshooter reinstalls the device and it fixes it. I would like to find a...