Windows 10: Windows crashes in sleep mode

Discus and support Windows crashes in sleep mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I leave my laptop untouched for a while it goes to sleep mode, but now windows just crashes. When I try to boot it it does not respond and after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Animish_, Nov 28, 2021.

1. Animish_ Win User

Windows crashes in sleep mode

When I leave my laptop untouched for a while it goes to sleep mode, but now windows just crashes. When I try to boot it it does not respond and after some time the fans just start blowing on full speed. I just press the power button for 5 seconds to shut it down and then re-boot it. I tried doing the system diagnostic scan like msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic and sfc /scannow and then restarted my laptop,but nothing seems to be working. I read a post about a similar issue, it was advised to update the BIOS, but I am unable to do so because the MyAsus app has updated and now it does no

:)

Animish_, Nov 28, 2021

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 28, 2021
  3. Sleep mode

Hi,

This issue with sleep mode could have happened due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you update your drivers. You can follow the steps provided in this

article

If the issue still persists, we also suggest that you change the settings in your Windows 10. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    . This will give you steps to shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Nov 28, 2021
  4. Windows crashes in sleep mode

sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Nov 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows crashes in sleep mode

1. Windows crashes in sleep mode - Similar Threads - crashes sleep mode

2. Windows crashing when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashing when in sleep mode: Hi,I am having a problem with windows crashing when I put it in sleep mode.I have already switched out ram, changed sleep settings, changed power settings etc.I now opened a minidump in windbg, but I don't know what driver/file is the problem.Here is the dump:BUGCHECK_CODE:...
  3. Windows crashing when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashing when in sleep mode: Hi,I am having a problem with windows crashing when I put it in sleep mode.I have already switched out ram, changed sleep settings, changed power settings etc.I now opened a minidump in windbg, but I don't know what driver/file is the problem.Here is the dump:BUGCHECK_CODE:...
  4. Windows crashing when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. System crashes on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crashes on sleep mode: Hi all,I'm having to ask this question here because I've been back and forth with Dell Support and it has not been successful at all. They've replaced the logic board, wireless card, graphics card, and the RAM but the problem continues to occur.Basically, when I try to put my...
  6. System crashes on sleep mode

System crashes on sleep mode: Hi all,I'm having to ask this question here because I've been back and forth with Dell Support and it has not been successful at all. They've replaced the logic board, wireless card, graphics card, and the RAM but the problem continues to occur.Basically, when I try to put my...
  7. Windows crashes in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes in sleep mode: When I leave my laptop untouched for a while it goes to sleep mode, but now windows just crashes. When I try to boot it it does not respond and after some time the fans just start blowing on full speed. I just press the power button for 5 seconds to shut it down and then...
  8. Windows crashes in sleep mode

Windows crashes in sleep mode: When I leave my laptop untouched for a while it goes to sleep mode, but now windows just crashes. When I try to boot it it does not respond and after some time the fans just start blowing on full speed. I just press the power button for 5 seconds to shut it down and then...
  9. Crash on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Crash on sleep mode: When I put my pc to sleep and start it up again it crashesHere are some All I can remember:CRITICAL PROCESS DIEDWhat Failed:Sys filesFile I used that could cause those problems:Avast Cleanup PremiumAvast Driver UpdaterShould I chkdsk or automatic repair?I did sfc /scannow and...
  10. Laptop crashes in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop crashes in sleep mode: Computer info:OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. System Model VivoBook_ASUSLaptop X421FQY_K413FQ Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 2304 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors BIOS Version/Date...