Windows 10: windows crashes on graphics card update

Discus and support windows crashes on graphics card update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am having Dell Inspiron 5521 laptop, somehow my graphics card stopped working every time I install or update graphics driver AMD the windows crashes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by akash_deep, Jun 13, 2021.

1. windows crashes on graphics card update

I am having Dell Inspiron 5521 laptop, somehow my graphics card stopped working every time I install or update graphics driver AMD the windows crashes and BSOD comes up. Even when i update the windows it stops in between and rolls back stating i don't meet hardware requirements. I have i5 processor with 12gb ram and 2gb AMD graphics card.

:)

akash_deep, Jun 13, 2021

2. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 13, 2021
  3. AndreePin Win User
    graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jun 13, 2021
  4. windows crashes on graphics card update

Unsupported Graphics card .

Hello Ayush,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

windows crashes on graphics card update

1. windows crashes on graphics card update - Similar Threads - crashes graphics card

2. Graphics card crashing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics card crashing?: Hello, So I've come here today to try and figure out what's going with my computer, I have installed several games onto my computer and some of them decide they want to crash and not appear. Whenever I run these games most of the times I am using steam, when I launch the game...
  3. Graphics card crashing?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics card crashing?: Hello, So I've come here today to try and figure out what's going with my computer, I have installed several games onto my computer and some of them decide they want to crash and not appear. Whenever I run these games most of the times I am using steam, when I launch the game...
  4. Graphics card crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Graphics Card Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Card Crash: It made this dump -https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EhO5tAn9wYtkh5NPu5CC9B4OrTfAzno9/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card-crash/9ccf873f-89a6-44f7-81e9-ee97a39408ce
  6. Graphics Card Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics Card Crash: It made this dump -https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EhO5tAn9wYtkh5NPu5CC9B4OrTfAzno9/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card-crash/9ccf873f-89a6-44f7-81e9-ee97a39408ce
  7. Graphics Card Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Graphics card Crashing and stuff

Graphics card Crashing and stuff: I recently decided to have Armory crate open on a game that is prone to making my computer BSOD. Right when and before it happened it showed that gpu was at 3%. It is an NVIDIA GTX 1660 TI. I have recently updated all of everything that can be updated. Can someone give me...
  9. graphics card crashing

graphics card crashing: Hello for awhile now I've noticed that my computer will sometimes go into a grey screen and then come back to my desktop but on some occasions it completely freezes up my computer to the point where I have to restart it physically. this is the error I get: "Display driver...
  10. Nvida graphic card crash

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvida graphic card crash: Acer predator 7 running on Windows 10 , gtx 980 m keep crashing after installation of updated and keep saying that Windows 8 has successfully recover display card driver plz help 45830