Windows 10: Windows crashes or freezes regularly

Discus and support Windows crashes or freezes regularly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows 10 Lenovo desktop (ideacentre 310S-081AP) has been regularly crashing for almost the last three weeks. Often it freezes, usually after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BlaineHebert, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Windows crashes or freezes regularly

My Windows 10 Lenovo desktop (ideacentre 310S-081AP) has been regularly crashing for almost the last three weeks. Often it freezes, usually after about a half hour of use, often during a YouTube video, but even when only using email. Occasionally it will freeze during a video or music and I get a repeated tone or warble until I do a hard stop (holding down the on button on the tower). Usually, after a restart my keyboard does not respond and I have to unplug it and re-plug it in (to reinstall the driver). During the freeze the mouse doesn't respond. I sometimes get a blue screen with the error message WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

I ran a memory test last night that was perfect and it shows no overheating (45 to 48 C). I seem to be fully updated and there have been no recent programs installed.

:)

BlaineHebert, Dec 31, 2018

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Dec 31, 2018
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 31, 2018
  4. SiSig_ Win User

Windows crashes or freezes regularly

SiSig_, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Windows crashes or freezes regularly

1. Windows crashes or freezes regularly - Similar Threads - crashes freezes regularly

2. Laptop crash-freezes regularly when on battery power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crash-freezes regularly when on battery power: Recently when my laptop is on battery power, and only on battery power, it's been crashing on a semi-regular basis. The screen freezes, all sound stops, Windows is completely unresponsive to any kind of input. It seems to stay this way indefinitely until I'm forced to turn...
  3. Laptop crash-freezes regularly when on battery power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop crash-freezes regularly when on battery power: Recently when my laptop is on battery power, and only on battery power, it's been crashing on a semi-regular basis. The screen freezes, all sound stops, Windows is completely unresponsive to any kind of input. It seems to stay this way indefinitely until I'm forced to turn...
  4. Laptop crash-freezes regularly when on battery power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. regular freezing with BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    regular freezing with BSOD: Hello,My Lenovo is having issues with regular BSOD. The error code given by WhoCrashed is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I can't narrow it down to a sepefic cause based on these. Please help and thank you! I should add that the system cannot detect my speakers after the last BSOD....
  6. regular freezing with BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    regular freezing with BSOD: Hello,My Lenovo is having issues with regular BSOD. The error code given by WhoCrashed is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I can't narrow it down to a sepefic cause based on these. Please help and thank you! I should add that the system cannot detect my speakers after the last BSOD....
  7. regular freezing with BSOD

regular freezing with BSOD: Hello,My Lenovo is having issues with regular BSOD. The error code given by WhoCrashed is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I can't narrow it down to a sepefic cause based on these. Please help and thank you! The dump files can be found...
  8. Finding the hardware responsible for regular crashes or freezes

Finding the hardware responsible for regular crashes or freezes: Hey,I'm trying to get to the bottom of very regular crashes 1/day at least under no intense load basically reading stuff, occasionally watching videos. I just reinstalled windows 10 and it crashed fairly quickly with only two apps reinstalled chrome and crashplan. The only...
  9. windows 10 crashes regularly

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 crashes regularly: Ever sense I got a an update on or about 10/12 my laptop has been crashing. I will crash while nothing is running. I will crash ever time I attempt to look at the event log. I have updated all drivers. I want to get this posted before it crashes again. any ideas? 27461
  10. Regular freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    Regular freezing: Hi, Windows seems to freeze every 30 minutes or so on my HP 255 G3 Notebook PC. Keyboard and mouse unresponsive. It doesn't come back and I have to power off. Reliability Monitor just says "Windows unexpectedly shut down". UEFI tests show all hardware to be working...