Windows 10: Windows crashes , possible display driver issue?

Discus and support Windows crashes , possible display driver issue? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop has the following specs - Ryzen5 3550h, RX560x, 8gb ram. [IMG][IMG] I get these black outlines around my display after i start my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dhruvk1, Apr 29, 2020.

1. dhruvk1 Win User

Windows crashes , possible display driver issue?

My laptop has the following specs - Ryzen5 3550h, RX560x, 8gb ram. Windows crashes , possible display driver issue? [​IMG]Windows crashes , possible display driver issue? [​IMG]

I get these black outlines around my display after i start my computer after shutting it down or after waking it up from sleep, and it goes away after charging for a while. Also I get a bsod frequently with the error "Unexpected store exception", many times while playing a game. Windows crashes , possible display driver issue? [​IMG]

Also, in my GPU software the option to update drivers is disabled, along with some unique AMD features like Radeon Boost, Radeon Image Sharpening, which were availaible when i first installed the software, but checking driver history in device manager, windows applied it's own update to the gpu driver which disabled such options. My question is what's causing all these errors?

:)

dhruvk1, Apr 29, 2020

2. Display Driver kept crashing

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the operating system as it the display drivers crashes.

Do let us know the error code/ error message of this issue when the drivers crashes?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers after the latest update, we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check with the display driver status from Device Manager.

Press Windows + x, click on Device Manager, expand
    Display Adapter, right click on the driver, click on
    Properties. You will find the driver status.

Method 2: I suggest you to Run Hardware troubleshooter as it will help in resolving the issues with hardware and resolve any simple issues found.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Method 3: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Also refer to: Troubleshoot black screen problems

Hope it helps. Try the above, reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Display Driver keeps crashing than recovering

Hello Lego,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to play the game as computer prompts with error “Display Drivers have stopped responding and have recovered” and screen freezes, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Please follow the below troubleshooting steps and check:

Step 1: Update/Install the Display Adapter driver.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to install/update the Display Adapter driver.

Steps to install the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.

• In Run window type devmgmt.msc.

• Then in device manager right click on Display Adapter.

• Try to update the drivers from the option stating automatically update the drivers.

• If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: If that does not fix the issue, please reinstall the display adapter drivers.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Display adapter.

• Right-click on the Display adapter that is listed and click “Uninstall”.

• And restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 29, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows crashes , possible display driver issue? - Similar Threads - crashes possible display

2. Windows Display Driver issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Display Driver issue?: Hi everyone. I have a ASUS X515JAB. The drivers of the laptop is done via Intel Driver & Support web site, which takes my screen driver to the newest. The problem that I am having is that when windows does an update it reverts the driver to one lower than the one installed....
  3. Windows Display Driver issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Display Driver issue?: Hi everyone. I have a ASUS X515JAB. The drivers of the laptop is done via Intel Driver & Support web site, which takes my screen driver to the newest. The problem that I am having is that when windows does an update it reverts the driver to one lower than the one installed....
  4. Possible Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible Driver Issue: My PC keeps restarting when playing various games. They're all games that the hardware should easily run and I've gone through aa myriad of steps to attempt a fix on this issue. I recently found a post on here regarding running a driver verifier and did that. Now I'm trying...
  5. Possible Driver Issue

Possible Driver Issue: My PC keeps restarting when playing various games. They're all games that the hardware should easily run and I've gone through aa myriad of steps to attempt a fix on this issue. I recently found a post on here regarding running a driver verifier and did that. Now I'm trying...
  6. Display driver crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display driver crashes: My display driver keeps crashing whenever i update it, please i need help, it just goes black and i have to force shutdown to do a system restore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-driver-crashes/0ee6b1ab-cbaf-48eb-8f64-0e962935ee7e
  7. Display driver crashes

Display driver crashes: My display driver keeps crashing whenever i update it, please i need help, it just goes black and i have to force shutdown to do a system restore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-driver-crashes/0ee6b1ab-cbaf-48eb-8f64-0e962935ee7e
  8. Display driver crashes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Display driver crash

Display driver crash: good day everyone. my computer encounters display driver crash error when playing games. it randomly happens whenever I am playing a game. I tried already reinstalling and rolling back drivers but still the problem persists. I checked the event manager and I usually see event...
  10. Possible software/driver display issue - Windows 10

Possible software/driver display issue - Windows 10: Hi, I recently built a computer. Since installation, I have had problems with display/graphics. To confirm, I have tried a different display source and tried changing the HDMI/DP cables with no success. My display is showing jaggy/pixelated text and any kind of heading on...