Windows 10: Windows crashes randomly when watching YouTube videos at full screen

Discus and support Windows crashes randomly when watching YouTube videos at full screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I don't know why, but ever since this afternoon, Windows decides to crash complete whenever I'm a few minutes or so in watching a YouTube video. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ACMDogfight1997, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Windows crashes randomly when watching YouTube videos at full screen

I don't know why, but ever since this afternoon, Windows decides to crash complete whenever I'm a few minutes or so in watching a YouTube video. It doesn't do it playing intensive games like Grand Theft Auto 5 yet it decides to do it watching a YouTube video. How Windows crashes is the reason why I'm making this thread.

What happens when I'm in the middle of watching a video is that the screen goes black with the cursor flickering and later disappears as well as the audio cutting off with nothing but blackness. Pressing anything does not make sounds, and nothing appears after a moment of blackness, not even a blue screen. And after restarting, the interface does some strange behavior I've never seen before. The resolution is changed to 800x600 (or 1024x768, I don't know, 4:3 aspect ratio) and the options are even more awkward. The only options through adapter settings (resolution cannot be changed in advanced display settings for some reason) are all in 4:3 aspect ratio with of all the standard refresh rates in PCs is a never heard of 64 Hz applied to each option

Fortunately, things go back to normal after another restart, but the crashing while watching YouTube videos in full screen continue to happen. Now this issue doesn't annoy me to the very core, but it does bother me that such an interruption can happen. I prefer to watch videos in full screen, so I want to know how I can fix it. I don't want to be hesitant to watch something in a preferred mode forever. Let me know what you think is wrong.

PC: ABS Logic-i3R ALI094 Desktop PC Intel Core i3 6th Gen 6100 8 GB DDR4 1 TB HDD GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB Windows 10 Home 64-Bit-Newegg.com

:)

ACMDogfight1997, Aug 21, 2016

2. taskbar appearing over Youtube videos in Windows 10

Whenever I try to watch streaming videos in full screen mode in Firefox (on Youtube, Vimeo, and other video sites) the windows 10 taskbar appears at the bottom of the screen, usually cutting off the video controls and sometimes part of the picture, how
    do I make it go away when I'm watching videos?

Joshuacwilder, Aug 21, 2016
  3. N96 and YOUTUBE

Are you watching YouTube desktop or mobile version?

Are you watching YouTube in the Browser or Video Center?

Are you watchning YouTube full screen or in the browser page?

Are you using 3G, GPRS or WLAN to access YouTube?

If you answer these questions it would be easier to help.;

el_loco---01, Aug 21, 2016
  4. batlhilz Win User

Windows crashes randomly when watching YouTube videos at full screen

you should try disabling hardware acceleration, if you havent yet done that.

batlhilz, Aug 21, 2016
  5. Rocky Win User
    What web browser are you using?

Rocky, Aug 22, 2016
  6. It seems to work now, thanks.

ACMDogfight1997, Aug 22, 2016
  7. I've disabled hardware acceleration and have tried YouTube on Chrome and IE and it freezes in each instance.

sportsphotog, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows crashes randomly when watching YouTube videos at full screen

1. Windows crashes randomly when watching YouTube videos at full screen - Similar Threads - crashes randomly watching

2. Crashing while watching youtube videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashing while watching youtube videos: I've had my Asus laptop Windows 10 for around a year, and I've never had this problem before. When I watch a video on YouTube after 5 minutes or so, the screen will freeze, and the laptop will make a buzzing noise before it gets crashed. Sometimes the rate changes like I was...
  3. Crashing while watching youtube videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashing while watching youtube videos: I've had my Asus laptop Windows 10 for around a year, and I've never had this problem before. When I watch a video on YouTube after 5 minutes or so, the screen will freeze, and the laptop will make a buzzing noise before it gets crashed. Sometimes the rate changes like I was...
  4. Crashing while watching youtube videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random BSOD specially when watching YouTube videos IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD specially when watching YouTube videos IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi. My computer has been getting random crashes for the last few months, sometimes daily and sometimes every few weeks. They are mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, but at times I get a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I also get random browser and...
  6. Random BSOD specially when watching YouTube videos IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD specially when watching YouTube videos IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi. My computer has been getting random crashes for the last few months, sometimes daily and sometimes every few weeks. They are mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, but at times I get a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I also get random browser and...
  7. Random BSOD specially when watching YouTube videos IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

8. My screen flashing when I'm watching youtube videos in full screen and playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen flashing when I'm watching youtube videos in full screen and playing games.: The screen does not keep flashing, only sometimes, I can never predict when it will happen. This has happened to me a few times while watching youtube full screen and playing different games. The hardware checked the service during the complaint and according to them,...
  9. BSOD Randomly when watching youtube or rendering videos

BSOD Randomly when watching youtube or rendering videos: The title is not the only time BSOD's occur. they have occured while gaming, on bootup etc. Also - I get a random graphical error on certain images and on random parts of my screen. these graphical errors do not occur on every photo or all the time. I have included the logs...
  10. Random BSOD while watching Youtube video

Random BSOD while watching Youtube video: Was watching a Youtube video when suddenly I got this BSOD called UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION Thanks in advance! 32640

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc randomly freezes youtube fullscreen

2. windows start key randomly pressed during youtube full screen