Windows 10: Windows crashes when entering sleep mode and/or wifi will disable itself on reboot

Discus and support Windows crashes when entering sleep mode and/or wifi will disable itself on reboot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So the gist of it is that within the past 2 weeks or so Windows will crash when I close my laptop to enter sleep mode, but only about 50% of the time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by {alan hunt}, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Windows crashes when entering sleep mode and/or wifi will disable itself on reboot

So the gist of it is that within the past 2 weeks or so Windows will crash when I close my laptop to enter sleep mode, but only about 50% of the time. If it doesn't crash then the wifi will be disabled and I can't re-enable it unless I restart my laptop. Again, that's only maybe 50% of the time as well and then sometimes my computer freezes when I try to restart it.

I've scoured the internet in regards to these issues and have made sure all drivers are up to date and have even installed the ones from HP's website for my exact model of laptop. I've ran the SFC and DISM tools with no permanent fix. I've also troubleshot everything I possible could and messed with all my power settings and reset them back to default, again no permanent luck.

The link to my most 3 mini dumps can be found here https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArNG4ctWJJQ8i3hBfTsGG9hi9IIg?e=kucy0p

:)

{alan hunt}, Feb 17, 2020

2. Windows crashes when entering sleep mode and/or wifi will disable itself on reboot

So the gist of it is that within the past 2 weeks or so Windows will crash when I close my laptop to enter sleep mode, but only about 50% of the time. If it doesn't crash then the wifi will be disabled and I can't re-enable it unless I restart my laptop.
    Again, that's only maybe 50% of the time as well and then sometimes my computer freezes when I try to restart it.

I've scoured the internet in regards to these issues and have made sure all drivers are up to date and have even installed the ones from HP's website for my exact model of laptop. I've ran the SFC and DISM tools with no permanent fix. I've also troubleshot
    everything I possible could and messed with all my power settings and reset them back to default, again no permanent luck.

What logs or data will you need from me to focus in on a potential solution?

{alan hunt}, Feb 17, 2020
  3. Sleep mode does not disable on Windows 10

I have the same issues:

• I have all the updates.
    • I disabled sleep in every way possible (please don't offer instructions on how to disable sleep...I already did this).
    • After about two minutes of inactivity, the computer enters sleep mode.
    • One way that I found to prevent this from happening is by running Amazon's music app and a playlist. While the playlist is running, the computer doesn't enter sleep mode.
    I know I'm not the only one with this issue and have seen requests for help on various websites. What's frustrating is that the responses typically include the standard instructions for disabling sleep mode, which doesn't work.

Gary A DePaul, Feb 17, 2020
  4. Windows crashes when entering sleep mode and/or wifi will disable itself on reboot

Persistent Crashing While Sleep Mode - Bug Check

Hello folks! I'm having a concerning issue with my recently built Windows 10 machine. Below are my system specs, symptoms of issue, steps to reproduce, troubleshooting steps taken, and an attached minidump (MEMORY.DMP).

System Specs

CPU: Intel i9 9900k @ 4.7ghz

Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi)

RAM: 4x8gb Corsair Vengeance RBG DDR4-3600 C18 @ 3200mhz [XMP Profile]

GPU: EVGA RTX 2080

All drivers are up to date and verified intact

Symptoms

• When attempting to sleep, computer will frequently sleep fine for up to 3-4 hours, waking as normal.
    • However, when gone and set to sleep for 6+hrs, system is off and boots cold.
    • Event Viewer inconclusive, reveals that prior shutdown was unexpected, did not cleanly shut down, and generally indicates a crash.
    • Event Viewer reveals Error Level Event:
      • "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 (0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff8012126b378, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 7a6ff501-6edc-4660-907b-23ae49f400a1."
    • Specific bugcheck code varies. Most frequently 0x00000133 and 0x00000001.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Initiate sleep
    2. Wait several hours (most recent occasion was 7.5hrs)
    3. Attempt to wake, find powered off
    4. Boot cold
    Notably, problem presents regardless of if computer entered sleep from inactivity or if manually set to sleep.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken

Steps taken in rough order:

1. Disable Fastboot in both BIOS and Windows
    2. Disable Hibernate
    3. Check powercfg for wake requests (find none)
    4. Disable all possible wake requestors (notably network wake)
    5. Verify driver integrity and updates
    6. Verify disk and operating system integrity
    7. Verify memory function with memtest86 and other stress testers (Passed with flying colors)
    8. Verify CPU and motherboard function with stress testers (Passed with flying colors)
    9. Disable all overclocking and repeat testing
    So far, none of these troubleshooting steps have resolved the sleep issue.
    I've attached the most recent MEMORY.DMP here

I'm at wits end. As a layperson I've done all the troubleshooting I can reasonably find recommended. I've been unable to find any additional leads online to try anything else. Please help!

Teamster22, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows crashes when entering sleep mode and/or wifi will disable itself on reboot

1. Windows crashes when entering sleep mode and/or wifi will disable itself on reboot - Similar Threads - crashes entering sleep

2. Bluetooth keyboard disconnects when enter in sleep mode or after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth keyboard disconnects when enter in sleep mode or after reboot: My Bluetooth keyboard disconnects when enter sleep mode or after reboot. So every time I leave my desk for a few minutes or when I turn up the computer I have to re-sync my keyboard. Trying to click the "connect" button in Bluetooth and devices -> Devices doesn't work, I...
  3. Bluetooth keyboard disconnects when enter in sleep mode or after reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth keyboard disconnects when enter in sleep mode or after reboot: My Bluetooth keyboard disconnects when enter sleep mode or after reboot. So every time I leave my desk for a few minutes or when I turn up the computer I have to re-sync my keyboard. Trying to click the "connect" button in Bluetooth and devices -> Devices doesn't work, I...
  4. PC crashes when it enters sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashes when it enters sleep: Hi! My PC keeps crashing when it tries to enter sleep mode. It'll try to sleep but ultimately shuts off. I have updated bios and GPU. If there are any documents I need to attach, please let me know. Thank you!...
  5. PC crashes when it enters sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC crashes when it enters sleep: Hi! My PC keeps crashing when it tries to enter sleep mode. It'll try to sleep but ultimately shuts off. I have updated bios and GPU. If there are any documents I need to attach, please let me know. Thank you!...
  6. Windows 10 crash when entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 crash when entering sleep mode: About a week ago O got a blue screen with the stop code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and it said that FLTMGR.SYS failed, after a reboot, it never happened again, but since then, every time I select "sleep" from the power options, my PC crash. At first it looks normal, the screen...
  7. UsbHub3 crashes computer when entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UsbHub3 crashes computer when entering sleep mode: Hi, my computer recently started to crash when it enters sleep mode. When I leave it alone and come back to it, it's restarted. I'm using a Focusrite audio interface and I had issues with newer driver versions before so I used an old one until it started to crash as well....
  8. Windows 10 crashes when entering sleep mode

Windows 10 crashes when entering sleep mode: I have had this issue for about two months, and only happens when the computer transitions to sleep mode. Hibernation mode does not cause any crashes. Any ideas? This is the most recent error message I am getting from the Reliability Check. NOTE: I have checked all my...
  9. Windows crashes when entering sleep mode and/or wifi will disable itself on reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashes when entering sleep mode and/or wifi will disable itself on reboot: So the gist of it is that within the past 2 weeks or so Windows will crash when I close my laptop to enter sleep mode, but only about 50% of the time. If it doesn't crash then the wifi will be disabled and I can't re-enable it unless I restart my laptop. Again, that's only...
  10. Windows 10 crashes when entering sleep mode

Windows 10 crashes when entering sleep mode: Hello, A week ago I (finally) updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Soon I realized my laptop kept running when I closed the screen. Yesterday I tried the shortcut to get it in sleep mode and saw the blue crash screen pop-up when it enters sleep mode. It gives...