Windows 10: Windows crashes when I try to switch off Nvidia Surround!

Discus and support Windows crashes when I try to switch off Nvidia Surround! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows crashes when I try to switch off Nvidia Surround! I have a GTX 1060 and even the latest driver crashes the whole system. This is ludicrous.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Johnnyzenith, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Windows crashes when I try to switch off Nvidia Surround!

Windows crashes when I try to switch off Nvidia Surround! I have a GTX 1060 and even the latest driver crashes the whole system. This is ludicrous. Oh and when will Microsoft enable us to have both screens spanned on login.

:)

Johnnyzenith, Jun 16, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 16, 2019
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jun 16, 2019
  4. mow1469 Win User

Windows crashes when I try to switch off Nvidia Surround!

No bass in surround

Okay I will mark this as solved as I have fixed my issue. Here is what I did:

• After trying all the common suggestions about drivers and such, I had no luck
    • On a whim, I bought a sound card and hooked it up via the optical cable.
    • I also changed the speaker settings on my receiver from Large to Small.
    • I removed all sound drivers other than those for my sound card (Soundblaster ZX)

I now have bass in surorund sound. I also have it set to 5.1 in Windows and have checked all speakers with a surround sound audio file I downloaded.

My guess is that the driver coming off of the Nvidia card is only in 2.1 and it just can't decode/send the right sounds to the receiver over HDMI.

At any rate, hopefully this will help someone else.

mow1469, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows crashes when I try to switch off Nvidia Surround!

1. Windows crashes when I try to switch off Nvidia Surround! - Similar Threads - crashes try switch

2. My monitor turns on and off. When I tried downloading an nvidia driver it said there is an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitor turns on and off. When I tried downloading an nvidia driver it said there is an...: it says there is an issue with my graphics card. How can I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-monitor-turns-on-and-off-when-i-tried/97bc7cae-6e2e-499d-aa54-93e29065f9d3
  3. My monitor turns on and off. When I tried downloading an nvidia driver it said there is an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor turns on and off. When I tried downloading an nvidia driver it said there is an...: it says there is an issue with my graphics card. How can I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-monitor-turns-on-and-off-when-i-tried/97bc7cae-6e2e-499d-aa54-93e29065f9d3
  4. file explorer crashes when I try to switch profile picture

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file explorer crashes when I try to switch profile picture: file explorer crashes every time I try to switch my profile picture. I already updated my computer. What can I do? it even crashed when I tried to upload this file, so I did drag and drop....
  5. file explorer crashes when I try to switch profile picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer crashes when I try to switch profile picture: file explorer crashes every time I try to switch my profile picture. I already updated my computer. What can I do? it even crashed when I tried to upload this file, so I did drag and drop....
  6. file explorer crashes when I try to switch profile picture

7. When Intel Graphics is turned off, Monitor does not switch to NVIDIA GPU.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When Intel Graphics is turned off, Monitor does not switch to NVIDIA GPU.: I have recently gotten a new monitor, however, when I decided to play a game on it, it looked fuzzy and laggy. My laptop, which was running the monitor, however, did not. I searched the internet for help concerning this, and I found out how to disable the onboard GPU. When I...
  8. When Intel Graphics is turned off, Monitor does not switch to NVIDIA GPU.

When Intel Graphics is turned off, Monitor does not switch to NVIDIA GPU.: I have recently gotten a new monitor, however, when I decided to play a game on it, it looked fuzzy and laggy. My laptop, which was running the monitor, however, did not. I searched the internet for help concerning this, and I found out how to disable the onboard GPU. When I...
  9. When Intel Graphics is turned off, Monitor does not switch to NVIDIA GPU.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. PUR-UnknownInternalFailure when trying to switch off S mode

PUR-UnknownInternalFailure when trying to switch off S mode: I just bought a new laptop with Windows 11 Home in S mode. I'm trying to switch off S mode in order to get google chrome and run adobe programs. However, everytime I press the "Get" button, "PUR-UnknownInternalFailure" message shows up. I tried running the wsreset command,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disabling surround freezes pc

2. trying to disable nvidia surround crashes system

3. computer restarting when trying to turn nvidia surroud off