Windows 10: Windows crashes when opening an image from messenger.com

Discus and support Windows crashes when opening an image from messenger.com in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It does not happen always. Sometimes I get to open images sent to me in messenger, but sometimes my laptop crashes instantly when clicking on the sent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kkevin42, Sep 18, 2020.

1. kkevin42 Win User

Windows crashes when opening an image from messenger.com

It does not happen always. Sometimes I get to open images sent to me in messenger, but sometimes my laptop crashes instantly when clicking on the sent image. What could possibly be the reason?

:)

kkevin42, Sep 18, 2020

2. Windows Messenger Confirmation Email

No It didnt appear in my spam box but I updated to Windows live Messenger which sent the confirmation email and also verified windows messenger. Ty everyone for there suggestions

Warlord213, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Silverel Win User
    Getting rid of Windows Messenger? How?

It's a component service, not in add/remove programs.

To turn on the Do not allow Windows Messenger to be run option, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, click Run, type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.
    2. In Group Policy, expand Local Computer Policy, expand Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, expand Windows Components, and then expand Windows Messenger.
    3. Double-click Do not allow Windows Messenger to be run, and then click Enabled.
    4. Click OK.

Silverel, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Windows crashes when opening an image from messenger.com

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows crashes when opening an image from messenger.com

1. Windows crashes when opening an image from messenger.com - Similar Threads - crashes opening image

2. when opening image from the windows search bar, it opens in the "print image" app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when opening image from the windows search bar, it opens in the "print image" app.: 1. In my Settings > Apps > Default Apps : the Photos app is default for all file types.2. I can open my images normally, and open image with the default Photos app.BUT, BUT, BUTwhen I search for a image in the search bar from pressing windows key,It opens the image in "Print...
  3. when opening image from the windows search bar, it opens in the "print image" app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when opening image from the windows search bar, it opens in the "print image" app.: 1. In my Settings > Apps > Default Apps : the Photos app is default for all file types.2. I can open my images normally, and open image with the default Photos app.BUT, BUT, BUTwhen I search for a image in the search bar from pressing windows key,It opens the image in "Print...
  4. messenger crashing with controller plugged in...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    messenger crashing with controller plugged in...: Hi I know this sounds kind of stupid but when i plug my PS5 controller into my pc and try to make a call on messenger it crashes but as soon as I unplug it the call goes through... Its very annoying because thats how me and my wife communicate alot and i cant take the call or...
  5. Messenger Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Messenger Crash: My messenger application is crashing for me. Whenever I leave it open or try to update messenger, it crashes, with no error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messenger-crash/8bbb0cd9-3336-4a61-ae22-707022eb18ef
  6. Explorer crashing when opening images

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer crashing when opening images: Sometimes when I try opening an image it completely freezes, opens up empty, struggles to be closed etc... and ends up crashing the entire explorer (the taskbar resets etc.) and then it's all good to go. I had this problem on my previous computer too and just recently got a...
  7. Com+ Applications will not open.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Com+ Applications will not open.: When I select Com+ Applications in Component Services a window pops up titled "Catalog Error" saying "You do not have permissions to perform the requested action. If security is enabled on the System Application of the target computer make sure you are included in the...
  8. Images Zoom In when Opened

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Images Zoom In when Opened: I have a situation where my images keep zooming in when I go to view them and then pulsate like I'm zooming in and out. When this happens I can't zoom back out and it just keeps doing this till I close the image. Please help me....
  9. messenger from window store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    messenger from window store: i downloaded messenger app in my pc from window store and i tried to logged in and it gave me verification code thru sms, but once i input the code it will not accept and always saying incorrect even i'm typing it 100% correct. i would really appreciate your help thru...
  10. Messenger not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Messenger not opening: So I've been using Win10 version of Messenger for a rather long time now. I never had a problem until now. About 1 week ago, Messenger just wouldn't open anymore. I press the icon, a window pops up with the Messenger logo, as it always started up, but then simply disappears....