Windows 10: Windows crashes when task manager starts

Discus and support Windows crashes when task manager starts in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since I've updated to the Falls Update, whenever I start the task manager, it crashes Windows, unless, I uninstall my drivers. Also, this happens when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PacifiCape246, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Windows crashes when task manager starts

Since I've updated to the Falls Update, whenever I start the task manager, it crashes Windows, unless, I uninstall my drivers. Also, this happens when a web-based app starts (as Discord, Google Chrome or Visual Studio/Code)...

:)

PacifiCape246, Nov 4, 2019
  2. liam415 Win User

Task manager crash

Task manager is still crashing when applied the above steps and explorer crashes as it takes a while to close and its stuck on a white window and i cant open start till it goes.

"reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer" /v "DesktopProcess" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /v "SeparateProcess" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f"

liam415, Nov 4, 2019
  3. dotmarty Win User
    Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Windows crashes when task manager starts

Windows 10 Task Manager Crashing

For further resolution to your task manager crashing issue, we suggest that you perform a
    clean boot. It will help you determine if there is a third-party program/app that is causing the issue. It could be some other applications or programs. To do this, see this
    link, and follow the steps/instructions.

Your reply is most important to us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Michael Gall, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows crashes when task manager starts

1. Windows crashes when task manager starts - Similar Threads - crashes task manager

2. Task Manager crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager crashes: On my new Windows 11 Dell XPS8960, Task Manager Crashes. Launching the Task Manager both from a Cntl-shift-Escape key and from Window CommandFLAG + X ->Task Manager, Task Manager Displays for a second and then leaves the screen.. Third attempt to capture a screen shot, of the...
  3. Task Manager crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager crashes: On my new Windows 11 Dell XPS8960, Task Manager Crashes. Launching the Task Manager both from a Cntl-shift-Escape key and from Window CommandFLAG + X ->Task Manager, Task Manager Displays for a second and then leaves the screen.. Third attempt to capture a screen shot, of the...
  4. Win11 Task Manager crashes when closing Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Task Manager crashes when closing Task Manager: GDay All,I have an issue with Task Manager. Whenever I try to close Task Manager it hangs and will not close. Clicking on the close button several times will eventually show the 'not responding' message and it will then pop up a dialogue allowing you to close the program or...
  5. Win11 Task Manager crashes when closing Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Task Manager crashes when closing Task Manager: GDay All,I have an issue with Task Manager. Whenever I try to close Task Manager it hangs and will not close. Clicking on the close button several times will eventually show the 'not responding' message and it will then pop up a dialogue allowing you to close the program or...
  6. program running when windows starts but not show in task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    program running when windows starts but not show in task manager: Hi, my English is not really good but I was wondering. I got my pc 3 months ago with windows 10 until today everything seems fine but there is some program that runs every time when windows start but it did not show in task manager in the startup section. I tried to find the...
  7. task manager crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task manager crashing: i had my entire pc freeze very quickly then task manager stopped working now every time i tried to open it now my task manager dosnt work when i open it and its icon is invisible...
  8. "Start" task in task-manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Start" task in task-manager: I want to ask if this task in the task-manager runs a malicious .exe file. File path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Start\MenuExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\StartMenuExperienceHost.exe I read on the Internet that this is either safe or evil and I don't know if I...
  9. Task Manager Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager Crashing: Its an error with my Windows 10. When my Ram is not in use my Task Manager opens as regular. But when my Ram is in use or in other words, I am playing games, and I open task manager it Crashes. Every time I force open it, it crashes with much less delay then before and at one...
  10. Task manager crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager crash: Hi, I've tried to re-install windows several times prior to creating this thread, but i always encounter the same issue of Task Manager crashing and causing windows explorer to crash and it's annoying it usually does it for 30 minutes after the computer starts up then it...