Windows 10: Windows crashes when trying to install Logitech G Hub or Corsair iCue software (Sometimes...

Discus and support Windows crashes when trying to install Logitech G Hub or Corsair iCue software (Sometimes... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Alright, there's a lot to unload here since I've been trying to fix this for the past 3 days and have already done several troubleshooting ideas. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shrouded-Phoenix, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Windows crashes when trying to install Logitech G Hub or Corsair iCue software (Sometimes...

Alright, there's a lot to unload here since I've been trying to fix this for the past 3 days and have already done several troubleshooting ideas.

The backstory and issue explained:

So a few days after a windows update, I tried to run Logitech G Hub and it said it failed due to some type of DLL file issue (Bad Image error 0xc000012f). I worked on that issue and it turned out to be an issue with Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable which I just uninstalled and installed the newest version on the website. THEN a few days after that I again had issues with Logitech G Hub but I found out it was a bigger issue because I was not able to install anything that involves drivers (This includes but not limited to, updating GPU drivers and Audio Drivers). I tried uninstalling Logitech G Hub and searching/deleting any file related to it and once I did that I tried to install a GPU driver update and see if that is working now, surprise!! it still isn't working... dang it (yes I tried to do this in safe mode as well). I ran several disk scans, software scans, etc but they found no corrupt file. I tried to reinstall Logitech G Hub to see if there was a dependency or something weird breaking things. During the process, after a few seconds, the installer seemed to keep freezing at the same point every time and after a few seconds, my computer will automatically reboot. Install partially done and Logitech G Hub unable to run (Some of the files were there but it seems that since it crashed it didn't get enough time to fully set it up to be able to run). So time to do a restore point right?? wrong... After finishing the process of restoring to a previous point, my computer then was doing a BSOD loop... TF... Sooo time to reinstall windows, I was able to download a version of windows installer on a USB Flash Drive. After a clean install where everything should be deleted things should finally be good... or not... Logitech G Hub still has the issue but honestly, at this point, I would think it's the software but it's not the only software that I am now having issues with.

Where I am now:

• Fresh Windows Installation (2nd time)
    • GPU, Audio, and some other drivers now install
    • Logitech G Hub, iCue Software, and a few others still cause the computer to crash
    • The crash appears to be during the installation of certain software and drivers (Installer freezes then computer freezes which cause a reboot)
    • Have tried swapping components (except PSU since I don't have a spare around)
    submitted by /u/Shrouded-Phoenix
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shrouded-Phoenix, Dec 18, 2020

2. Constant Blue Screens Windows 10

I am having Constant BlueScreens on Windows, first it was USBXHCI.sys related, removed some software related to Corsair iCUE and crashes recently have been getting related to HIDCLASS.sys

Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard, latest BIOS and drivers

Windows 10 Pro fully up to date

Here are connected USB devices

NZXT Kraken X73 AIO Liquid Cooler and NZXT Cam Software

Corsair K95 RGB and Corsair iCUE software

Logitech G502 Hero and Logitech Software (connected to K95)

Logitech Desktop Mic

Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2nd Gen

Razer Kiyo Webcam (connected via USB extension cable)

Connected to USB Hub which is connected to USB extension cable

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals

at one point a Samsung Galaxy S5 that was charging

I have had crashes with iCue and Logitech Software closed

USBXHCI.sys

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

HIDCLASS.sys

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

mini dumps for all crashes found here https://1drv.ms/u/s!AreYLbFUtxfggUykmZx4sJ9luOQ8?e=7toLz1

ChandlerH1990, Dec 18, 2020
  3. ukemike Win User
    Logitech Keyboard issues

The failing to boot problem has been there since I bought it several weeks ago, but I don't boot often. After installing win10 I've been booting a lot trying to sort out all the issues that cropped up.

Initially my attempt to fix the logitech issues after installing win10 was to uninstall it and reinstall g hub. The uninstall seems to have gone badly. It is not listed in my add/remove programs but there are remnants of it in my program files and registry. Trying to install it crashes. I did follow the instructions on the faq on the logitech website. I've downloaded an uninstaller program to help, geek uninstaller, but it doesn't see any logitech software to uninstall.

When I try to run the lghub_installer I get a "Logitech G Hub has stopped working" error and it closes.

ukemike, Dec 18, 2020
  4. Tommygunn Win User

Windows crashes when trying to install Logitech G Hub or Corsair iCue software (Sometimes...

Corsair iCUE Lighting Software Crashed My System.

I downloaded and ran the Corsair iCUE software some days ago in preparation for the delivery of my Corsair K70 RGB keyboard. Everything was going well and I completed the few basic intro options, e.g. language, left it at that and went back to what I was doing without venturing further.

Some minutes later, bam, monitor gives me a black screen and the 'no signal' box pops up and the keyboard and mouse are non responsive. From looking at the computer, you'd think it was fine, LED's on, fans spinning, the same as a few minutes ago before the 'no signal'.

So, to rectify the issue I attempt to use the Reset button - it is non responsive! I then try the power button, holding it down and, it too, is non responsive.

I have to physically cut the power at the PSU, switch back on and reboot.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Cheers,
    Tom.

Tommygunn, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows crashes when trying to install Logitech G Hub or Corsair iCue software (Sometimes...

1. Windows crashes when trying to install Logitech G Hub or Corsair iCue software (Sometimes... - Similar Threads - crashes trying install

2. Corsair iCUE software not detecting RAM [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Corsair iCUE software not detecting RAM [Fix]: [IMG]In this article, we will see what you can do if the Corsair iCUE software is not detecting RAM on your Windows system. The Corsair iCUE software allows users to control RGB lighting on their computers, but some users have reported that they cannot do this because the...
  3. Corsair iCUE v5.9.105 Installation error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corsair iCUE v5.9.105 Installation error: When I booted my Windows 11 PC on Wednesday, December 5th, 2023 ICU was no longer loaded on my computer. It would appear that iCUE tried to automatically update from V4, but I'm not sure. I searched for it in the Windows/ settings/ apps and there is nothing there. I followed...
  4. Corsair iCUE v5.9.105 Installation error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corsair iCUE v5.9.105 Installation error: When I booted my Windows 11 PC on Wednesday, December 5th, 2023 ICU was no longer loaded on my computer. It would appear that iCUE tried to automatically update from V4, but I'm not sure. I searched for it in the Windows/ settings/ apps and there is nothing there. I followed...
  5. Logitech G Hub

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Logitech G Hub: Hello,I've been getting bsods while using verifier luckily i finally stabilized my system after many other bsods and am keeping an eye on what gets added. I've pin pointed it to logitech's software/drivers for my mouse and uninstalled it in case it causes any other problems...
  6. Logitech G Hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech G Hub: Hello,I've been getting bsods while using verifier luckily i finally stabilized my system after many other bsods and am keeping an eye on what gets added. I've pin pointed it to logitech's software/drivers for my mouse and uninstalled it in case it causes any other problems...
  7. Logitech G Hub

8. Windows crashes when installing Logitech G Hub or Corsair iCue software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashes when installing Logitech G Hub or Corsair iCue software: This morning, Logitech G hub, which was installed and functioning well for months, was no longer opening. I attempted to fix the issue by uninstalling and reinstalling the program. When reinstalling, windows crashed. I repeated this process to the same result. Assuming the...
  9. Logitech G Hub does not start?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Logitech G Hub does not start?: Hello, I have a new Logitech mouse and would like to install and use the associated "Logitech G Hub" program. The program can also be installed, but cannot be started properly. As soon as I start the program, it loads a Logitech animation forever, otherwise nothing else...
  10. Corsair iCUE Lighting Software Crashed My System.

Corsair iCUE Lighting Software Crashed My System.: I downloaded and ran the Corsair iCUE software some days ago in preparation for the delivery of my Corsair K70 RGB keyboard. Everything was going well and I completed the few basic intro options, e.g. language, left it at that and went back to what I was doing without...