Windows 10: Windows crashes when using dual channel memory

Discus and support Windows crashes when using dual channel memory in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yup, the title is the problem. If I use windows with my RAM in dual channel it has a higher chance to crash where in single-channel both sticks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NO111ONE, Dec 10, 2020.

1. NO111ONE Win User

Windows crashes when using dual channel memory

Yup, the title is the problem.

If I use windows with my RAM in dual channel it has a higher chance to crash where in single-channel both sticks perform good.

I don't understand why this is happening.

Does anyone know?

:)

NO111ONE, Dec 10, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 10, 2020
  3. AddRAM Win User
    What is Better Dual or Single Channel Memory?

Dual channel is always better then single.

RAM Performance Benchmark: Single-Channel vs. Dual-Channel - Does It Matter? | Gamers Nexus - Gaming PC Builds Hardware Benchmarks

Dual-channel vs. Single-channel, does it matter? - The NUC Blog

What's your memory assessment speed? - Windows 7 Help Forums

As others have said, it`s all in your head, the only way to prove it is to run winsat mem with 1 stick in single channel then 2 sticks in dual channel.

As far as booting from a usb stick, you have to choose it in the one time boot menu (not the bios) unless you go into the bios and list usb as the first boot option (you do not want to do that)

My settings

1) DVD drive
    2) Boot drive
    3) Disable
    4) Disable

etc
    etc
    etc

Any time you want to deviate just use the boot menu, as mentioned Windows crashes when using dual channel memory :)

For example, If you want to boot into a Linux distro on a flash drive, just follow the above rule.

AddRAM, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Gusgf Win User

single channel ddr3 vs dual channel ddr3

I've got two 10 year old laptops and I'm upgrading the memory to 8GB. On Speccy it's currently reporting the RAM as

HP: DDR3 Single channel PC3-12800, 2 slots both used
    Toshiba: DDR3 Dual channel PC3-10700 2 slots one used

I'm confused so please correct me if I am making the correct assertions below. BTW I'm buying the ram secondhand off of Ebay and not buying from e.g. Crucial as too expensive otherwise I would use their memory wizard and be done:

ASSERTIONS:
    1. The HP has a single channel memory architecture on the MB but the Toshiba has dual channel architecture on it's MB.
    2. Any DDR3 SODIMM will work so I could use PC3-12800 on either laptop using a 2 x 4GB config.
    3. Dual and single channel refers to the MB design and not the physical structure of the memory sticks. But if the memory sticks are labelled dual channel it means that they are designed to work with second paired memory stick in the appropriate channel.

Many thanks for any help in setting me straight if reqd Windows crashes when using dual channel memory :)

Gusgf, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows crashes when using dual channel memory - Similar Threads - crashes using dual

2. Windows10 BSOD, detected memory issues only on dual channels

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 BSOD, detected memory issues only on dual channels: Hi, I’ve been getting frequent BSODs in Windows10 for some time now (Linux is running ok), and after a clean reinstall I still got them. I’ve decided to do a memory check (per this guide ) and the tool only detects memory issues when both RAM sticks are inserted. When any...
  3. BSOD when using dual monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when using dual monitors: PC specs: OS: WINDOWS 10 PRO 1909 BUILD 18363.836 CPU: AMD RYZEN 3 1300X GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 DDR3 128bit MOB: GIGABYTE AB350M GAMING 3-CP PSU: TACENS RADIX IV-450W RAM: CORSAIR 16GB DDR4 1064.1 MHz MONITOR: BenQ GL2450 24" AOC U2879VF 28" HDD: SAMSUNG SSD 840 EV0...
  4. single channel ddr3 vs dual channel ddr3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    single channel ddr3 vs dual channel ddr3: I've got two 10 year old laptops and I'm upgrading the memory to 8GB. On Speccy it's currently reporting the RAM as HP: DDR3 Single channel PC3-12800, 2 slots both used Toshiba: DDR3 Dual channel PC3-10700 2 slots one used I'm confused so please correct me if I am making...
  5. Faulty Memory RAMs in Dual Channel but no errors in Single Channel

Faulty Memory RAMs in Dual Channel but no errors in Single Channel: Hey everyone, I've got a situation with my old rig I couldn't make sense of. Asus p7p55d pro Intel i7 870 2.93Ghz 2 x 2GB OCZ DDR3 1600Mhz CAS 7-7-7 Dual Channel Nvidia GT 1030 Lately my PC has been unstable and crashed twice over the last 24 hours which never happened in...
  6. Faulty Memory RAMs in Dual Channel but no errors in Single Channel

in Windows 10 Support
    Faulty Memory RAMs in Dual Channel but no errors in Single Channel: Hey everyone, I've got a situation with my old rig I couldn't make sense of. Asus p7p55d pro Intel i7 870 2.93Ghz 2 x 2GB OCZ DDR3 1600Mhz CAS 7-7-7 Dual Channel Nvidia GT 1030 Lately my PC has been unstable and crashed twice over the last 24 hours which never happened in...
  7. BSOD Dual Channel.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Dual Channel.: I only got BSOD's when i'm using both of my memories, and they are the same. I tested one stick at a time, and got no BSOD. Ryzen 2200G Prime A320M-K/BR Corsair Vengeance 2X4 GB 2400MHZ HD 1 TB Seagate 117629
  8. Dual Channel Mode

Dual Channel Mode: What exactly does this mean? Is it the processor and memory combined? I am looking at a laptop for light coding and to use a particular flight simulation program that is just now in Early Access! This and World of Warships are basically the only games I play. Flight Sim...
  9. What is Better Dual or Single Channel Memory?

What is Better Dual or Single Channel Memory?: Is 2 slots of memory in performance better than 1 slot using the same amount of RAM, e.g., 1 x 16 GBs of DDR3 Laptop Memory or 2 x 8 GB of DDR3? I think I know the obvious, 1 x 16 GB in 1 slot, correct? Also, I have seen some lower ended laptops - say with just a skylake...
  10. Ram: Dual Channel & Volt

Ram: Dual Channel & Volt: So I am thinking about buying a 8 GB RAM for my laptop. I have a few question about RAM regarding volts and dual channel. #1 My current ram shows it is running at 1.5 V. Can I put it a 1.35 V ram instead? #2 When I put the 2x4 RAM in my laptop, will it dectect that I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dual channel crash dump