Windows 10: Windows crashes when X1 Gen 2 Yoga laptop lid is closed

Discus and support Windows crashes when X1 Gen 2 Yoga laptop lid is closed in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, Starting about 2 days ago when I close the lid on my Lenovo X1 Yoga laptop, windows crashes and I get a DPC_Watchdog_Violation error. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Erik Skrudland, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Windows crashes when X1 Gen 2 Yoga laptop lid is closed

Hello,

Starting about 2 days ago when I close the lid on my Lenovo X1 Yoga laptop, windows crashes and I get a DPC_Watchdog_Violation error. I'm running Windows 10 and I reinstalled the operating system yesterday in an attempt to fix this. It didn't work.

I read that someone else had the same problem yesterday with the same laptop so maybe it has something to do with one of the updates recently installed.

Maybe or maybe not unrelated but my thunderbolt firmware update through the Lenovo Vantage app will not install.

Thanks

:)

Erik Skrudland, Dec 31, 2018

2. Fingerprint Scanner Lenovo Yoga X1 Yoga (3rd Gen)

Hello all! As the title suggests, I have a Lenovo Yoga X1 Yoga (3rd Gen) and I've been having issues with the fingerprint scanner lately. First, the biometric drivers were hidden in my device manager tab. I activated the reveal hidden view and got error
    code 45 on the biometric drivers. I thus uninstalled my biometric drivers and reinstalled the correct drivers from Lenovo. However, the biometric devices tab is not showing them in my Device Manager now and the Synaptics app claims there isn't a scanner connected.
    What can I do to get a working fingerprint scanner again?

Ronald Estevez, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Laptop restarts after closing the lid

Hi,

It appears that your laptop hibernates when you close its lid. This feature terminates running processes on your machine since it allows the system to use very little power. If
    Do nothing is already selected for Choose what closing the lid does
    in Power Options, let's try to make hibernation unavailable. Follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Windows icon on your home screen.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Click Yes if you get a prompt window.
    • Type powercfg.exe /hibernate off then press Enter.
    See if this will prevent the laptop from hibernating when you close the lid.

Let us know how it turns out.

Ruz San, Dec 31, 2018
  4. rmoreau Win User

Windows crashes when X1 Gen 2 Yoga laptop lid is closed

How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

Hi,
    I want to force a shutdown when the user close the laptop lid even if MSWord is open and the document was not saved.
    Any suggestion ?

Regards

rmoreau, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Windows crashes when X1 Gen 2 Yoga laptop lid is closed

1. Windows crashes when X1 Gen 2 Yoga laptop lid is closed - Similar Threads - crashes Gen Yoga

2. lenovo x1 yoga crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lenovo x1 yoga crashes: my levono crashed some one helpOn Fri 7/14/2023 9:52:04 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reportedCrash dump file:C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071423-141562-01.dmp MinidumpBugcheck code:0x1540xFFFF9403BAB2B000, 0xFFFFCC845EEB1590, 0x2, 0x0Bugcheck...
  3. lenovo x1 yoga crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lenovo x1 yoga crashes: my levono crashed some one helpOn Fri 7/14/2023 9:52:04 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reportedCrash dump file:C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071423-141562-01.dmp MinidumpBugcheck code:0x1540xFFFF9403BAB2B000, 0xFFFFCC845EEB1590, 0x2, 0x0Bugcheck...
  4. lenovo x1 yoga crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. lenovo x1 yoga crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lenovo x1 yoga crashes: my x1 yoga crashes ...someone help tried sfc scan ,dism , checked hardware in lenovo vantage. its says hardware fine after test but using windbg it says image name; ntkrnlmp.exe...
  6. lenovo x1 yoga crashes

lenovo x1 yoga crashes: my x1 yoga crashes ...someone help tried sfc scan ,dism , checked hardware in lenovo vantage. its says hardware fine after test but using windbg it says image name; ntkrnlmp.exe...
  7. lenovo x1 yoga crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Computer crashes when laptop lid closes

Computer crashes when laptop lid closes: I like keeping my laptop closed while I listen to music or videos in the background. However, my computer randomly started immediately crashing when I close it and automatically restarts my entire system. I have looked through my power options, updated my display drivers,...
  9. 3rd gen Thinkpad X1 Carbon doesn't acknowledge lid closing?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3rd gen Thinkpad X1 Carbon doesn't acknowledge lid closing?: Third Generation Thinkpad X1 Carbon with i5-5300U, 1440p touchscreen, and Windows 10 Pro version 1909 I swear I installed the AHCPI drivers manually, but as it is when i close the lid the screen stays on as I can see the light leaking out the side. I have it set to go to...
  10. Fingerprint Scanner Lenovo Yoga X1 Yoga (3rd Gen)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fingerprint Scanner Lenovo Yoga X1 Yoga (3rd Gen): Hello all! As the title suggests, I have a Lenovo Yoga X1 Yoga (3rd Gen) and I've been having issues with the fingerprint scanner lately. First, the biometric drivers were hidden in my device manager tab. I activated the reveal hidden view and got error code 45 on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo x1 yoga close lid