Windows 10: Windows Crashing After installing Storage SSD

Discus and support Windows Crashing After installing Storage SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello So, this is something that has started bothering me, since I installed SSD's on other computers before, but never had this kind of issues.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CJReyna, Mar 15, 2021.

1. CJReyna Win User

Windows Crashing After installing Storage SSD

Hello

So, this is something that has started bothering me, since I installed SSD's on other computers before, but never had this kind of issues.
    Last week I decided to install a second Drive to my HP Pavilion Gaming 15, to use it as a Storage only Drive, using the already given free slot for it. Drive I bought is an ADATA SU360 1TB. Had no major issues with installation and added volume on Disk Manager without trouble, and was able to use it without trouble, until a couple of days after.

Suddenly, I turned on my laptop and there was a message saying that there was an error "3f1". After googling, I realized this might be a problem with the drive itself and started to worry for a possible data loss. I rebooted and was able to start now as if nothing ever happened. After some minutes, Windows crashed on a blue screen saying something about Kernel, and once again sent me to the black screen with the message about the "3f1" error and asking me to run the diagnosis, so I did, and the system told me everything was fine. System turned on, again but when I checked volumes, my main Drive the one that already came within the computer and where Windows is installed had more free space than it initially had, so I got scared again thinking of a possible data loss.

Without hesitating more, I decided to remove the new Drive and surprise, Windows worked without further problems.

I'm guessing the storage drive is logically configured wrong, but I don't really know how to fix this problem, since Windows doesn't allow to format or manipulate volume from Partition Manager without crashing, so I'm worried I might have messed up more trying to fix it, even though it seems to allow me to enter, add and erase folders.

Thanks in before hand for your help

:)

CJReyna, Mar 15, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• Have you installed Windows in SSD or in HDD?
    • How are you moving the applications to SSD?
    • What is the error code/message you get when the computer crashes?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Storeand see
    if that helps in resolving the issue.

You can also, download the Chipset and Storage drivers from the manufacturer website of the motherboard and update them.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 15, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 15, 2021
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Crashing After installing Storage SSD - Similar Threads - Crashing installing Storage

2. Windows crashes after installing new nvme ssd.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes after installing new nvme ssd.: So,Today i bought a nvme ssd from cex the uk version of gamestop to move my os onto and maybe some other games/files.After installing the ssd into my motherboard and booting up my pc i get a "Diagnosing your PC" screen. it doesnt give detail as to what the actual issue is...
  3. Windows crashes after installing new nvme ssd.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashes after installing new nvme ssd.: So,Today i bought a nvme ssd from cex the uk version of gamestop to move my os onto and maybe some other games/files.After installing the ssd into my motherboard and booting up my pc i get a "Diagnosing your PC" screen. it doesnt give detail as to what the actual issue is...
  4. Windows crashes after installing new nvme ssd.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop crashing after new SSD installed.

Laptop crashing after new SSD installed.: Hello everyone, found this great forum and really hoping i can get some help. Thanks in advance! I have an ASUS N551ZU, gaming laptop from 2015. IT has been working great...overheated but great. So I installed a new SSD and put the HD in a caddy disk. Also I replaced the...
  6. Storage on SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage on SSD: I have a 227GB SSD which is showing a nearly full. When I run Storage Sense it says that Apps and Features is 97.2GB but when I go into it, there are only 2 apps bigger than 1GB and the total in no way reaches 97.2 GB. What is taking up all the space on my hard drive? Many...
  7. Windows 10 Blue screen crashes after SSD install

Windows 10 Blue screen crashes after SSD install: Computer is keep geting Blue screen crashes and I can't open dmp files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-blue-screen-crashes-after-ssd-install/0cc6b74f-69ac-4ff9-9ad2-cb3247729858
  8. Windows 10 crashes after SSD install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 crashes after SSD install: Hi I have bought a NUC NUC8I3CYSM with windows 10 home installed on a hdd in the kit. Working absolutely fine until I installed a SSD samsung EVO840. SSD came from another NUC where it worked flawless for years. After SSD install, cant go 1 hour without multiple crashes....
  9. Problem with BSODs, crashes after new SSD installed

Problem with BSODs, crashes after new SSD installed: I installed a new SSD in my PC and imaged my old SSD onto it, which caused it to crash randomly on the login page, reboot randomly, run very very slowly (upwards of 5 minutes to open the start menu, for instance), and freeze a lot. I reimaged, same thing. So I did a clean...
  10. Storage Port Driver - after Installing SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Port Driver - after Installing SSD: Hello, this issue was already posted on Microsoft forums, but I found no solution. After installing 1 month ago a new SSD, my Windows keeps showing a blue screen, see dump file. The SSD works fine, quicly but makes my laptop behave weirdly....