Windows 10: Windows crashing after update

Discus and support Windows crashing after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey all, my brother is having problems with his PC. According to him, the screen glitches out for about four seconds and makes a buzzing sound, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DimensionPizza, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Windows crashing after update

Hey all, my brother is having problems with his PC. According to him, the screen glitches out for about four seconds and makes a buzzing sound, then the system reboots to the HP loading screen, then starts up normally. The problem seems to be related to updates, as the Reliability and Problem History indicates.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 0xffff920c006cf000, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff80619723518. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 56361f43-3660-4f2c-899f-987b7dbc1168.

Did some digging around, it looks like it may be a driver issue but I am unsure of how to pinpoint it. I can post the crash dump if needed.

Thanks,

Simon

:)

DimensionPizza, Dec 6, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 6, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Windows crashing after update

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

Naki, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows crashing after update

1. Windows crashing after update - Similar Threads - crashing update

2. Windows 11 Insider Preview Crashed During Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Crashed During Update: Hi, I have a Lenovo M70 Laptop running Windows Insider Preview. During this week's System Update the laptop froze with a blank black screen, I could move the mouse but nothing else happened. I had to power down the Laptop. Now when I turn it on again I get the Windows Logo...
  3. Windows 11 Insider Preview Crashed During Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Crashed During Update: Hi, I have a Lenovo M70 Laptop running Windows Insider Preview. During this week's System Update the laptop froze with a blank black screen, I could move the mouse but nothing else happened. I had to power down the Laptop. Now when I turn it on again I get the Windows Logo...
  4. 3D Display Mode crashes HDMI output after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D Display Mode crashes HDMI output after windows 11 update: Hi,After iwindows was updated to windows 11, while i was configuring some display settings i accidentally switched on the the 3D Display mode and HDMI output of my Huawei laptop started not working. After plugging out the HDMI cable and trying to fix the problem i couldn’t...
  5. 3D Display Mode crashes HDMI output after windows 11 update

3D Display Mode crashes HDMI output after windows 11 update: Hi,After iwindows was updated to windows 11, while i was configuring some display settings i accidentally switched on the the 3D Display mode and HDMI output of my Huawei laptop started not working. After plugging out the HDMI cable and trying to fix the problem i couldn’t...
  6. 024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64- Systems - crashes the machine...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64- Systems - crashes the machine...: I am usually prompt about updating my Thinkpad when Microsoft issues a upgrade - a new upgrade 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853 - was kind of.... installed and the laptop just went south....my machine has been working...
  7. 024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64- Systems - crashes the machine...

024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64- Systems - crashes the machine...: I am usually prompt about updating my Thinkpad when Microsoft issues a upgrade - a new upgrade 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853 - was kind of.... installed and the laptop just went south....my machine has been working...
  8. Laptop crashes when updating driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop crashes when updating driver: My laptop crashes blue screen when installing latest gpu drivers gtx 1650 from nvidia website. It also crashes blue screen after updating to windows 11 a minute or two after boot so I have to revert it back to windows 10. Sometimes when gaming games like overwatch 2 and apex...
  9. Laptop crashes when updating driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashes when updating driver: My laptop crashes blue screen when installing latest gpu drivers gtx 1650 from nvidia website. It also crashes blue screen after updating to windows 11 a minute or two after boot so I have to revert it back to windows 10. Sometimes when gaming games like overwatch 2 and apex...
  10. Laptop crashes when updating driver