Windows 10: windows crashing + all fans spin @ 100%(even gpu fans)

Discus and support windows crashing + all fans spin @ 100%(even gpu fans) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hey. a new year and new windows 10 problems. lately iv been have an issue where win 10 crashes and all fans in the whole computer spins at 100%,and i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ddmeltzer8, Jan 12, 2021.

1. windows crashing + all fans spin @ 100%(even gpu fans)

hey.
    a new year and new windows 10 problems.
    lately iv been have an issue where win 10 crashes and all fans in the whole computer spins at 100%,and i have to do a hard reset.
    win ver. 20H2 (build 19042.685)

im sure there r more stuff for me to post,just let me know.

thanks so much in advance.

:)

ddmeltzer8, Jan 12, 2021

2. Why is Windows Turning My GPU Fans Off?

I noticed a whine in my new computer the other day and thought maybe my PSU was going out. But it turns out that my GPU fans were not spinning (I think maybe the other system fans were running faster to try and cool it down?)

Regardless of the whine, when I boot the PC the fans spin up no problem, but once Windows starts to load, the fans quit and do not restart even when a game is launched. This seems like some sort of driver issue because I installed MSI Afterburner and used it
    to turn the fans on, and they run no problem.

Seems like either Nvidia set the fans to not spin on the card when it's not under load, or Windows is turning it off. Is there a power setting for this or something?

I had been having a few strange crashes which could easily be explained by the GPU over heating. I don't really want to have to run Afterburner all the time just to get my fans to spin. Any ideas?

I'm on Windows 10 64-bit (updated)

GTX 960

Ryzen 1600x

Gigabyte Ab350m-hd3

32GB of DDR4 RAM

A Corsair SSD

Luke Cypert, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Black Screen, GPU Fan 100% When Playing Games

I would suggest going back to at least the October version:

windows crashing + all fans spin @ 100%(even gpu fans) [​IMG]

Ztruker, Jan 12, 2021
  4. windows crashing + all fans spin @ 100%(even gpu fans)

FAN 100% after april update

Go into Task manager > Performance

Can you tell me what process is the highest? As in GPU or CPU?

You might also try to let your computer run in safe mode for a bit and see if the fans still spin up to 100%

Zackary Vanosdol, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

windows crashing + all fans spin @ 100%(even gpu fans)

1. windows crashing + all fans spin @ 100%(even gpu fans) - Similar Threads - crashing fans spin

2. PC fans are constantly spinning and noisy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC fans are constantly spinning and noisy: Hello Here. My new pc fans keep spinning and It is so noisy. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-fans-are-constantly-spinning-and-noisy/6144e25b-9b13-4633-a461-98a7714bfe65
  3. pc crashes and my gpu fans go crazy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc crashes and my gpu fans go crazy: I have had this problem for a while now and I seem to have tried to fix it every single way possible wirhout buying a new gpu or cpu. What happens is that my computer would be running fine and not overheating. Then it would crash to a black screen where I would have to...
  4. Fan control on GPU

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Fan control on GPU: I'm running an Radeon HD 7950 with dual fans and recently I've noticed that neither fan runs continuously but rather one spins up after after the GPU starts heating up and the other doesn't even come on at all until it's way higher than what I would like. I actually have two...
  5. Black Screen, GPU Fan 100% When Playing Games

Black Screen, GPU Fan 100% When Playing Games: Hey all, I have had an issue for the last few months, specifically when trying to play Rocket League, where between 5-20 minutes into playing, both of my monitors will go black and my GPU fan will kick to 100%. I can't remember if this coincided with any NVIDIA driver...
  6. System Hang/Crash and Fan spin up

System Hang/Crash and Fan spin up: Hi Everyone, I've been having an intermittent problem where the computer will completely hang -black screen, no mouse/keyboard control, reset button doesn't work, only long hold of the power button turns it off. When this happens the fan also spins up from basically...
  7. fans at 100%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fans at 100%: restarted next morning after last windows 10 update and my fans were running at 100% till I got in to adjust to manual settings I had. Now every time I boot up till my manual settings in alienware command center kick in they run at 100%. I am always in a hurry but I think I...
  8. Some wires aren't plugged in and gpu fans arent spinning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some wires aren't plugged in and gpu fans arent spinning: Okay so I recently took a look at my gaming PC (I didn't build it) and i noticed there were a couple cables that just weren't hooked up to something. I'm not sure if that normal or not, but also I took a look at my GPU and the fans weren't spinning. I never really noticed...
  9. Fans of GPU at FULL SPEED

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Fans of GPU at FULL SPEED: Hi all, I did a clean install of windows 10 about 2 months ago. Everything was fine till all of a sudden I came home one day and found my GPUs fan at full blast making some real good noise. Turned off the computer, checked the card, cleaned it (pressurized air) and put...
  10. Laptop fan not spinning.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop fan not spinning.: I have an Asus Rog G771JW laptop, I had it for almost 6 months now. Lately I have been noticing that when turned on it would make a loud scraping noise that would last ~10 seconds. But yesterday the fan completly stopped (from what I can hear) only the CPU fan is spinning...