Windows 10: Windows crashing during games

Discus and support Windows crashing during games in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows crashes while playing games and I have been able to isolate the error from the event viewer. Does anyone have any advice on how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlexCamhi, Dec 6, 2021.

1. AlexCamhi Win User

Windows crashing during games

Windows crashes while playing games and I have been able to isolate the error from the event viewer. Does anyone have any advice on how to resolve?Faulting application name: backgroundTaskHost.exe, version: 10.0.19041.546, time stamp: 0x1d3a15e7Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1348, time stamp: 0x76fcd692Exception code: 0xc000027bFault offset: 0x000000000010b302Faulting process id: 0x3428

:)

AlexCamhi, Dec 6, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 6, 2021
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Dec 6, 2021
  4. Windows crashing during games

Angela Pun, Dec 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows crashing during games

1. Windows crashing during games - Similar Threads - crashing during games

2. Windows crashing during games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashing during games: Windows crashes while playing games and I have been able to isolate the error from the event viewer. Does anyone have any advice on how to resolve?Faulting application name: backgroundTaskHost.exe, version: 10.0.19041.546, time stamp: 0x1d3a15e7Faulting module name:...
  3. Windows crashing during games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashing during games: Windows crashes while playing games and I have been able to isolate the error from the event viewer. Does anyone have any advice on how to resolve?Faulting application name: backgroundTaskHost.exe, version: 10.0.19041.546, time stamp: 0x1d3a15e7Faulting module name:...
  4. Computer crashes during gaming

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer crashes during gaming: My computer crashes and goes to the BSOD with the error code being System Thread Exception Not Handled while I'm in the middle of playing Warzone with my friends. Here is the link to my dump files and system info,...
  5. Computer crashes during some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes during some games: Hi, My computer keeps crashing while I play games. It doesn't happen with all of my games, but for the ones it does, it crashes my entire computer pretty frequently. When playing games like Rust or Phasmophobia, I can expect a crash after roughly 5-15 minutes of gameplay....
  6. Windows 10 Crash during playing a game

Windows 10 Crash during playing a game: So I was playing a gamealone and later with friend And suddenly computer just crashed.The game was still on,but I couldn't do ctrl+alt+delete or anything,the sound suddenly stopped at the same moment. I have disabled fast start up options power options And I have used a...
  7. PC daily crashing during gaming

PC daily crashing during gaming: Hello I recently upgraded my graphics card and did a fresh install of windows 10 on my PC and am constantly getting crashes where everything freezes and then goes black and I have to manually shut off and turn on my PC. Upgraded to an AMD Radeon 5600XT. Other Specs: OS...
  8. BSOD - Crash during game - CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_FAILURE

BSOD - Crash during game - CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_FAILURE: Blue screened during game of Football Manager 2020 on 'continuing' in game. Have had a number of crashes, not always BSOD. PC built last December ish. MSinfo32 and Minidump files uploaded here in a .zip folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks....
  9. Computer crashes during some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes during some games: My computer will crash during some games only older ones like nwn 2 and star wars tor. Fallout 4 works fine. I've tried running the games in compatibility mode. The fans will kick in to high gear and the screen goes blank. I have to hold down the power button and do a hard...
  10. Crashes during gaming and followup crashes on restart

Crashes during gaming and followup crashes on restart: I was having similar issues on windows 7 X64, recently updated to 10, issues are still here. Computer will crash during gaming, sometimes it lasts a while or crashes pretty immediately, afterwards, attempting to start the computer will trigger many crashes during startup....