Windows 10: Windows crashing on games and gpu programes

Discus and support Windows crashing on games and gpu programes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; If you are getting random crashes recently I have just found that running ASUS GPU TWEAK II has conflicting operations with windows 10, so if you have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RossBailey4, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Windows crashing on games and gpu programes

If you are getting random crashes recently I have just found that running ASUS GPU TWEAK II has conflicting operations with windows 10, so if you have it running in the background close it before trying to run GPU intensive programmes.

:)

RossBailey4, Mar 3, 2021

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Mar 3, 2021
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Zeond1987 Win User

Windows crashing on games and gpu programes

Is there a way to force a program to use a secondary GPU?

I have 2 GPU's (Nvidia GTX 970 and 1080) and I want to force a program to use the 1080 for certain programs/games. Going to Settings>System>Display>Graphics Settings should give me the option to switch GPU's. Unfortunately it does not list both of my GPU's
    nor does it allow me to change to another one, only the default GPU is chosen (the 970). This is a desktop computer and I have tried the Nvidia control panel and UEFI settings without much luck. If I tried selecting a program to run on my 1080 (through the
    Nvidia control panel), it would still run it on the 970. I have tried switching the GPU's around with not much luck there either. If I can suggest to Microsoft the option in the Graphics Settings to list both GPU's for selection, that would be great. Otherwise
    I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

Zeond1987, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows crashing on games and gpu programes

1. Windows crashing on games and gpu programes - Similar Threads - crashing games gpu

2. PC/GPU Crashes After Closing Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC/GPU Crashes After Closing Games: Screen freezes or goes blank after closing down any video game. Have tried updating the Nvidia Driver and running a SFC SCANNOW; however, the issue persists.PC Specs are:i7-10700F CPU16GB RAMNvidia RTX 3060ti GPUWindows 11 HomeI would be grateful for any support....
  3. PC/GPU Crashes After Closing Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC/GPU Crashes After Closing Games: Screen freezes or goes blank after closing down any video game. Have tried updating the Nvidia Driver and running a SFC SCANNOW; however, the issue persists.PC Specs are:i7-10700F CPU16GB RAMNvidia RTX 3060ti GPUWindows 11 HomeI would be grateful for any support....
  4. GPU crashes .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU crashes .: Hello i have a really huge problem regarding with my GPU. Bought yesterday from amazon.co.uk this laptop and it's a Acer Aspire 7 with ryzen 5 5625U , RTX 3050 , 16 RAM , 512 SSD Issue is that my gpu keeps crashing when im joining a game, As example i'm going on league of...
  5. Laptop gpu crashing while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop gpu crashing while playing games: The problem started a week ago. Laptop crashed and gave BSOD with video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error and restarted itself and after restart the gpu wasn't listed in anywhere. Today I found out that everything functions normally when laptop isn't plugged in, I can play games or browse...
  6. Laptop gpu crashing while playing games

Laptop gpu crashing while playing games: The problem started a week ago. Laptop crashed and gave BSOD with video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error and restarted itself and after restart the gpu wasn't listed in anywhere. Today I found out that everything functions normally when laptop isn't plugged in, I can play games or browse...
  7. Constant GPU related BSOD, or game crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant GPU related BSOD, or game crashes: Hello All, I have a recurring issue with my PC for the past few months, and I haven't been able to pinpoint the root cause browsing the web yet. While playing most games, the system regurarly crashes in one of the following ways:1, BSOD with nvlddmkm.sys error code 30%2,...
  8. Constant GPU related BSOD, or game crashes

Constant GPU related BSOD, or game crashes: Hello All, I have a recurring issue with my PC for the past few months, and I haven't been able to pinpoint the root cause browsing the web yet. While playing most games, the system regurarly crashes in one of the following ways:1, BSOD with nvlddmkm.sys error code 30%2,...
  9. Constant GPU related BSOD, or game crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Surface book 2 crashes when using Geforce GPU on games and other programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface book 2 crashes when using Geforce GPU on games and other programs: i have had this device for a while now and have recently having a BIG problem with my surface book 2. i have looked up so many work around and so many things to help my device, but out of all that researching and finding answers. iv'e pin pointed what the problem is. my...