Windows 10: Windows Crashing Trying to Update Video Driver issue

Discus and support Windows Crashing Trying to Update Video Driver issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, My computer was working fine but ever since I pulled the power plug icons would disappear and windows would lag and then I would crash. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rodgerli, Jun 16, 2020.

1. rodgerli Win User

Windows Crashing Trying to Update Video Driver issue

Hello,

My computer was working fine but ever since I pulled the power plug icons would disappear and windows would lag and then I would crash. I tried factory resetting it and it led to blackscreen. I tried to clean install windows a few times and it worked at first but then crashed when I tried to install my nvidia 1080 drivers. I think it is an issue with the video drivers. Everytime I try and update windows it blackscreens and crashes. Ive tried troubleshooting and repairing the computer but it doesnt seem to work. I dont know what options I have left. I have a brand new SSD that I might install into the computer and just trash the other and clean install windows on the new SSD. Will that work? Someone please help this has been a very frustrating experience.

:)

rodgerli, Jun 16, 2020

2. video playback issue after windows 10 update

Hi Mark,

Corrupted software and/or driver issues could be the reasons why you're experiencing problems when playing videos. We suggest that you try these steps, then check if the issue persists:

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

4. Windows Crashing Trying to Update Video Driver issue

Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows Crashing Trying to Update Video Driver issue

1. Windows Crashing Trying to Update Video Driver issue - Similar Threads - Crashing Trying Update

2. Video card driver update causes windows to crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video card driver update causes windows to crash: I simply can't update my GPU drivers anymore, which does not happen before. For context: I brought this PC from another person and was using it for about a year for work, gaming, and studying. Everything was going fine until I encounter an HDD problem that demanded the...
  3. Video card driver update causes windows to crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video card driver update causes windows to crash: I simply can't update my GPU drivers anymore, which does not happen before. For context: I brought this PC from another person and was using it for about a year for work, gaming, and studying. Everything was going fine until I encounter an HDD problem that demanded the...
  4. Video card driver update causes windows to crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Video Driver issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video Driver issue: Hello, I don't know what happened, but I have problems with my video Driver. Intel hd graphics 5500, i3. I understand a little in pc, and tried to do something by myself, I tried for instructions on how to update/change/renew my video Driver, but I couldn't find anything....
  6. Driver issues/crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver issues/crashing: My PC has been crashing a bit lately. I ran the driver verifier and got the dump files, which pointed to the Steam streaming microphone driver being the culprit. I don't use it, so I just uninstalled the device and driver. A few days later, I got another crash so I re-ran...
  7. Video Driver issue

Video Driver issue: Hi i am getting the Blue Screen error, whenever I start the recording with inbuild camera. please find the MiniDump Detail for the same, Please help to resolve the issue. Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.19041.1 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All...
  8. Video Driver / Card Issues

Video Driver / Card Issues: Hi! I was trying to start up a game through Origin after a long time of not playing and instead got an pop-up that said, "Can't run with the video card in this system. Please check that the video card meets the minimum specifications and that the latest video drivers are...
  9. NVIDIA Graphics driver UPDATE and CRASHING issues? Try this...

NVIDIA Graphics driver UPDATE and CRASHING issues? Try this...: I have repeatedly attempted to update my Nvidia graphics drivers through the Nvidia Experience program that is designed to update the drivers. I have never had the program complete successfully once since I started using Windows 10 for the past several YEARS. I have...
  10. Video driver issues

Video driver issues: Ok laptop Dell Latitude D510. 2 gigs of ram 1.4 gig processor 60 Gig hard drive. XP was on it installed Windows 10. Had audio and video issues.No drivers installed could not find or update them. Went to Dell site and downloaded drivers for audio, chipset and firmware. Got...