Windows 10: Windows crashing while playing games, reinstalled GPU drivers, no luck

Discus and support Windows crashing while playing games, reinstalled GPU drivers, no luck in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, community. I have played several different garmes and after about 15-25m the games will crash, along with the entire system. Before I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StevenBrockChiara, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Windows crashing while playing games, reinstalled GPU drivers, no luck

Hello, community. I have played several different garmes and after about 15-25m the games will crash, along with the entire system. Before I reinstalled the AMD Radeon GPU drivers, the BSOD went so quickly I could not get a code, but now the BSOD is still and stuck at 0%. Crashes happen sometimes randomly, and sometimes when there is a spike in resource use.

Here is my system:

Intel i7 3930k CPU

AMD Radeon RX 580 GPU

32GB of DDR3 quad-channel RAM

2x SATA SSD 1TB in Raid 1 Boot and system drive

2 TB SATA Firecuda drive

When the BSOD happens, there is no file in the minidumps folder. I am trying to diagnose what is really happening and if the problem is software or hardware. I have already ran SFC /scannow and the first time I did so, there were things to be fixed, but not the second time. On the primary game I have been troubleshooting, I have also been through Steam's file verification feature with no errors reported. The games are Subnautica on Steam and Elder Scolls Online via its own launcher.

I just ran Prime95 CPU Stress Tester and there were no problems. I also ran a FurMark GPU stress test for 35 minutes and there were no crashes; it was using OpenGL.

So my conclusion is that this is a software problem, probably due to the fact that I just reinstalled Windows 10 on this computer rather than Ubuntu Linux. Please help me diagnose this so I can use my computer like normal. Thank you in advance.

Here are the photos I took of my BSOD screens:

Windows crashing while playing games, reinstalled GPU drivers, no luck 7c5cece5-8a2b-4f31-9567-b5939cdc316f?upload=true.jpg

Windows crashing while playing games, reinstalled GPU drivers, no luck a5623a7e-c779-4bf4-870f-f420851a113b?upload=true.jpg

:)

StevenBrockChiara, Mar 18, 2020

2. Black Screen, GPU Fan 100% When Playing Games

Hey all,

I have had an issue for the last few months, specifically when trying to play Rocket League, where between 5-20 minutes into playing, both of my monitors will go black and my GPU fan will kick to 100%. I can't remember if this coincided with any NVIDIA driver updates, but any subsequent updates have not helped. I am currently running the latest NVIDIA driver version (441.66).

Here are some of the troubleshooting steps that I have taken for this:

• RAM
    • Ran Memtest64 overnight, ensuring that 100% RAM utilization. No errors were returned.
    • Reseated the RAM, blowing out the slots to ensure no blockages.
    • Tested different memory slots on the board.
    • Swapped out RAM with new RAM from Microcenter, no improvements.
    • RAM was originally OC'd to 3200 MHz via XMP. I turned this off and the RAM is running at stock speeds listed above.
    • BIOS
    • Updated BIOS to the latest version
    • Performed a Clean Boot and attempted to play. Game still crashed out within the first match or so.
    • GPU
    • Updated all drivers
    • Updated drivers, including a complete DDU uninstall/reinstall.
    • Swapped power cables from the PSU
    • Moved GPU to lower PCI-E slot
    • Reseated the GPU, blowing out the slot after reseating
    • Deleted the video driver from Control Panel
    • Storage
    • Ran chkdsk with no errors
    • Ran defragmentation on the HDD and Trim on the SSDs
    • Ran sfc /scannow with no issues
    • Game Files
    • Ran validator on game files (as a note here, after one crash, I ran the validator and it corrected one file. However, I played a game immediately after and crashed. Running the validator after that crash had no files fixed)
    • Installed the game on all three storage devices

I have attached the BSOD logs. Please assist!

bmduffy2020, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Mary Sau Win User
    Video card driver crashing when playing games

We suggest that you rollback your driver. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R to open run dialog box.
    • In the dialog box window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Right click on your video card driver -> Properties ->
      Driver tab
      and select Rollback driver.
    If the issue persists, it could be better to contact the developer of the game.

Regards.

Mary Sau, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Windows crashing while playing games, reinstalled GPU drivers, no luck

GPU crashes after installing windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

As you said, you are facing the issue while playing a game that requires better gpu.so, the issue is related to graphics driver.

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

Method 1

As, you tried uninstalling nvidia gpu and installing newest drivers(358.50),and it did not work. so, in that case I suggest you to download and install the earlier version of the driver from
    manufacturer website and check .

If issue persists,

Method 2

I suggest you to disable Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 and check if it helps..

To do so, Please follow the steps below:

• Type devicemanager in the
      search
      bar.

• Expand the display driver.

• Right click on
      Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
      driver and click disable.

Still issue persists,

Please contact to the manufacturer website.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows crashing while playing games, reinstalled GPU drivers, no luck

1. Windows crashing while playing games, reinstalled GPU drivers, no luck - Similar Threads - crashing while playing

2. Laptop gpu crashing while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop gpu crashing while playing games: The problem started a week ago. Laptop crashed and gave BSOD with video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error and restarted itself and after restart the gpu wasn't listed in anywhere. Today I found out that everything functions normally when laptop isn't plugged in, I can play games or browse...
  3. Laptop gpu crashing while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop gpu crashing while playing games: The problem started a week ago. Laptop crashed and gave BSOD with video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error and restarted itself and after restart the gpu wasn't listed in anywhere. Today I found out that everything functions normally when laptop isn't plugged in, I can play games or browse...
  4. GPU randomly crashing while playing games and fully corrupting my GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU randomly crashing while playing games and fully corrupting my GPU drivers: I'm using a GTX 940MX but it crashes and gives a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while playing games. It worked before and I formatted my laptop multiple time due to this. When it crashes I have to use safe mode to disable it but when I enable it again I get the same error. I did...
  5. GPU randomly crashing while playing games and fully corrupting my GPU drivers

GPU randomly crashing while playing games and fully corrupting my GPU drivers: I'm using a GTX 940MX but it crashes and gives a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while playing games. It worked before and I formatted my laptop multiple time due to this. When it crashes I have to use safe mode to disable it but when I enable it again I get the same error. I did...
  6. GPU randomly crashing while playing games and fully corrupting my GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.

My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.: My GPU is crashing while playing games. Screens flicker after 10 seconds of Nvidia GPU comes to use and it just vanishes from the taskbar and task manager. After the restart, it comes back and the same thing happens when launching games.I had used DDU then also nothing...
  8. My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.: My GPU is crashing while playing games. Screens flicker after 10 seconds of Nvidia GPU comes to use and it just vanishes from the taskbar and task manager. After the restart, it comes back and the same thing happens when launching games.I had used DDU then also nothing...
  9. My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Graphic Driver Crashing While Playing Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic Driver Crashing While Playing Games: I was playing Valorant since 2 weeks but after I updated windows to Latest version via Windows Media Creation tool Valorant isnt working... Whenever i try to play game it says Graphic Driver Crashed... I have latest Drivers, DirectX as well as Windows Version...I tried...