Windows 10: windows created a temporary paging file...

Discus and support windows created a temporary paging file... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently got this error message every time I started my machine. [ATTACH] I setup the paging file on E driver but windows still create the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hairinwind, Dec 3, 2018.

1. windows created a temporary paging file...

I recently got this error message every time I started my machine.

windows created a temporary paging file... e3b880cb-2789-4a03-a660-1b1a761e05bb?upload=true.png

I setup the paging file on E driver but windows still create the file on C driver. Why???

windows created a temporary paging file... 4ddab40d-2186-4be7-b38b-97984d250578?upload=true.png

I don't have this issue before. I don't change any setting on my computer recently. The error message keeps popping up from 2 weeks ago. The only thing I can suspect is the windows upgrading. Please push the upgrading when it is fully tested!

:)

hairinwind, Dec 3, 2018
  2. Jonathan Win User

How do I resolve the error message: Windows created a temporary paging file on your computer

I booted my machine, and suddenly got this pop-up:

When I close the pop-up, I see the Performance dialog saying Total paging file size for all drives: 0 MB. I've never changed pagefile settings, and the Change... button shows that it's set to Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.

I've tried to set to the different settings belowand reboot, but always got the same popup:

1. Select drive, set to system manage size
    2. Select drive, set to No paging file
    3. Custom size: Initial: 5000MB, Maximum: 10000MB

This answers.microsoft.com post suggests I:

• Disable pagefile - Even if I do, I get the same pop-up
    • Delete c:\pagefile.sys - can't get deleted
    • Set partition pagefile attribute using DISKPART - but HELP ATTRIBUTES DISK says READONLY is currently the only disk flag that may be changed.

Specs

• Machine: Lenovo X230, 16GB RAM
    • Disk: Samsung Evo 850, formatted as a single C: drive.

Jonathan, Dec 3, 2018
  3. psyko12 Win User
    Page File

Set minimum and maximum to a constant number as suggested by others, that will help reduce fragmentation on the drive coz of different page file sizing.

psyko12, Dec 3, 2018
  4. windows created a temporary paging file...

Putting Paging file on it's own partition

That's another one you are incorrect on (in a few cases, see below)...

The OS forms in VARIOUS circumstances when a permanent pagefile.sys is NOT present, & for the very reasons I state above & which the experiment showing explorer.exe GUI shell paging even IF free ram is present!

See here:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=257758

SYMPTOM:

"When you set the paging file (Pagefile.sys) on your computer to a size that is lower than the recommended size of 12 megabytes (MB) plus the amount of random access memory (RAM), a temporary paging file (Temppf.sys) may be created, and you may receive the following error message after you log on:
    Limited Virtual Memory

Your system is running without a properly sized paging file. Please use the virtual memory option of the System applet in the Control Panel to create a paging file, or to increase the initial size of your paging file. Back to the top

CAUSE

This issue can occur when the temporary paging file uses a substantial amount of free space on the hard disk, and the remaining available hard disk space is less than the initial size of the paging file setting that you configured in Control Panel."

&

"The error message listed earlier in this article can occur when the initial paging file size is reduced to an amount considerably smaller than the recommended amount. Windows recognizes that the paging file size is insufficient and creates a temporary paging file of up to 20 megabytes in the Winnt\System32 folder. The System dialog box in Control Panel is then displayed, forcing you to address the paging file problem."

APPLIES TO

• Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
    • Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
    • Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
    • Microsoft Windows 2000 Datacenter Server
    • Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.5
    • Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.51
    • Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
    • Microsoft Windows NT Advanced Server 3.1
    • Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.5
    • Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.51
    • Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
    • Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.1
    • Microsoft Windows NT Advanced Server 3.1
    • Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.5
    • Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.51

*Smile windows created a temporary paging file... :)

(And, yes, XP + Windows Server 2003 & even VISTA too... VM & how it works? Still the same for the MOST part, & definitely in the regards we have been discussing them in, here in this thread!)

APK

P.S.=> This is a result of NT-based OS' VMS based heritage, because VMS does the SAME THING for the most part... and, I have already proven you are ALWAYS paging, via a simple experiment you were free to try & witness...

Especially how in taskmgr.exe (with Page Fault column, Memory Size, VM Size, etc present in the PROCESSES tab) will show you that, for example, Explorer.exe your GUI shell is constantly generating pagefaults (access to pagefile)...

EVEN IF FREE UNUSED RAM IS PRESENT! apk

Alec§taar, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

windows created a temporary paging file...

1. windows created a temporary paging file... - Similar Threads - created temporary paging

2. Windows created a temporary paging file pop up whenever I restart my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows created a temporary paging file pop up whenever I restart my computer: I also had this problem and found this page:Windows created a temporary paging file - pop up whenever i restart my - Microsoft CommunityFollowing those directions helped temporarily. In my case I had the page file on D: instead of C: where Windows originally put it. I moved...
  3. Windows created a temporary paging file because a problem occured- pop up whenever i...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows created a temporary paging file because a problem occured- pop up whenever i...: I have disabled and enabled page file setting under windows 10 systempropertiesadvanced > Advanced > the Settings button in the Performance Switch to the Advanced tab, then click on the Change button under Virtual memorystill issue persist...
  4. Windows created a temporary paging file because a problem occured- pop up whenever i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows created a temporary paging file because a problem occured- pop up whenever i...: I have disabled and enabled page file setting under windows 10 systempropertiesadvanced > Advanced > the Settings button in the Performance Switch to the Advanced tab, then click on the Change button under Virtual memorystill issue persist...
  5. "Windows created a temporary paging file" pop up when I start my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows created a temporary paging file" pop up when I start my computer: [System Properties] Windows created a temporary paging file. I've had this problem for many weeks now, but I haven't been able to solve it.Here's what I've tried to do so far original post: here:Click Start, right-click Computer, and select PropertiesIn the left pane, select...
  6. "Windows created a temporary paging file" pop up when I start my computer

"Windows created a temporary paging file" pop up when I start my computer: [System Properties] Windows created a temporary paging file. I've had this problem for many weeks now, but I haven't been able to solve it.Here's what I've tried to do so far original post: here:Click Start, right-click Computer, and select PropertiesIn the left pane, select...
  7. "Windows created a temporary paging file" pop up when I start my computer

8. Windows has created a temporary paging file everytime I reboot my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows has created a temporary paging file everytime I reboot my laptop: recently I changed my paging file from Windows C drive to Another separate drive because my C drive was running low on storage, and after that a pop up that says "windows has created a temporary paging file because of a that occured with your paging file ---."Is there's...
  9. Windows has created a temporary paging file everytime I reboot my laptop

Windows has created a temporary paging file everytime I reboot my laptop: recently I changed my paging file from Windows C drive to Another separate drive because my C drive was running low on storage, and after that a pop up that says "windows has created a temporary paging file because of a that occured with your paging file ---."Is there's...
  10. Windows has created a temporary paging file everytime I reboot my laptop

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows created a temporary paging file

2. windows 10 windows created a temporary paging file on uorur computer because paging file configuration ssd diffrent

3. windows created a temporary paging file 10

4. windows 10 temporary paging file error,
  5. Windows created a temporary paging file on your computer because of a problem,
  6. windows 10 temporary paging file,
  7. Windows created a temporary paging file full message,
  8. windows server windows created a temporary paging file,
  9. windows 10 created a temporary paging file,
  10. windows created a temporary paging file for windows 2016,
  11. Windows created temp paging file post Windows update