Windows 10: Windows created backup Image - win 10

Discus and support Windows created backup Image - win 10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, I have in fact never used the windows image backup.I am wondering if the backup image that windows creates from "Back up or restore your files" in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by 2021User, Jul 10, 2021.

1. 2021User Win User

Windows created backup Image - win 10

Hi, I have in fact never used the windows image backup.I am wondering if the backup image that windows creates from "Back up or restore your files" in the control panel can be used to create a new hdd/ssd for the laptop in case it needs to be replaced,where the existing hdd/sdd is no longer useable? Do i need the repair cd as well to create it? thanks in advance p.s. i keep getting told that using the windows system image backup is a good option instead of third party software.Is it? I havent used Macrium Reflect,but for just a complete copy of the recovery partition,is it just as good?? thanks

:)

2021User, Jul 10, 2021

2. Help, cant create windows image

Hello there, @fullinfusion!

It seems like some sort of an OS confusion has happened with your secondary WD Black and I'm sorry to hear about that. *Frown Windows created backup Image - win 10 :(
    Maybe re-formatting it would help indeed as the community already mentioned. I'd suggest to take a look at this step-by-step how to partition and format an HDD: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=PYCoid
    Keep in mind that this will wipe clean the drive, so you should backup all important data from the drive somewhere else.
    I noticed from the screenshots that your HDD appears as Disk 0, this means that it's plugged in the primary SATA port where the SSD (as an OS drive) should be. Actually it is possible that because of this Windows cannot create the image there. Swap the ports of the SSD and the HDD, this might help as well.

Keep me posted. Hope this helped! *Smile Windows created backup Image - win 10 :)
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Jul 10, 2021
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jul 10, 2021
  4. Windows created backup Image - win 10

Having trouble creating a backup image

Hello Shane,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10 and for being a part of Windows 10 family.

As per the issue description you are unable to create a system image of your computer. I would suggest you to refer the steps provided below and see if it helps you to create a system image.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control panel from the list.
    • Select large icons under view by option.
    • Open File history.
    • Click the System Image Backup link in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
    • Connect an external USB hard drive with enough free space.
    • In the backup wizard, you'll be prompted to choose from one of the three options to save the backup. For this example, we are going select the hard drive you just connected. However, keep in mind that you can backup to DVD blanks and a network share, but
      these options will slow down the backup process.

Windows created backup Image - win 10 022d2731-5ebc-450e-a935-4865fd418c2a.png

• Click Next.
    • Confirm and begin the process by clicking Start backup.

Windows created backup Image - win 10 ffeb6690-eebd-4dcd-bcd8-0b7f6a90070f.png

• The backup could take anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours, it all depends on the amount of data to be backed up.
    • And yes, during the backup process, you can use your computer as you would normally do.

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any more concern related to Windows. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jul 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows created backup Image - win 10

1. Windows created backup Image - win 10 - Similar Threads - created backup Image

2. Create A System Image Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create A System Image Backup: I'm trying to create a system image backup of my Windows 10 machine in case something goes wrong with one of its components, and unfortunately it says "Backup failed. Not enough disk space.". This is despite the fact that my external hard drive has 2.34 TB of free disk space,...
  3. Create A System Image Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create A System Image Backup: I'm trying to create a system image backup of my Windows 10 machine in case something goes wrong with one of its components, and unfortunately it says "Backup failed. Not enough disk space.". This is despite the fact that my external hard drive has 2.34 TB of free disk space,...
  4. Create A System Image Backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Create a backup system image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a backup system image: Having a real issue with creating a backup system image on my wife's laptop.The last one was created January 23, 2022 with no problems but we have tried about five times and it completes to about 97% and then stalls. Looking at it, the backup is shown as still working but we...
  6. Create a backup system image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create a backup system image: Having a real issue with creating a backup system image on my wife's laptop.The last one was created January 23, 2022 with no problems but we have tried about five times and it completes to about 97% and then stalls. Looking at it, the backup is shown as still working but we...
  7. Win 10 Image BackUp

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Win 10 Image BackUp: Currently I'm running Win 10 on a portable HDD and would like to create an image of it but when I go to "Backup and Restore" window I get the following: This feature is not available in a portable workstation environment. 163658
  8. Create a Backup Image 101

in Windows 10 Support
    Create a Backup Image 101: Greetings, My wifey has a laptop that was set up a very specific way to work with a very specific printer. We had to pay a guy over a hundred clams to make it work this way and (call me paranoid) but I think he made a point of not letting me see how he did it so that he...
  9. win 10 backup and creating sys image

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 10 backup and creating sys image: when i create sys image and or backup manually in box on top reads back and restore (windows 7) but i am using win 10 please explain also i have it set to back up daily in setting and it shows last back up was three months ago. any ideas?...
  10. Image Backup - Win 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Image Backup - Win 10: I may be the first one to do it, or maybe not. But just a reminder to everyone (who did hard installation on SSDs and HDDs). All of us here have just clean installed the Win 10 Tech Preview. If it's running okay now, before you go any further messing it up and before bugs...