Windows 10: Windows creates automatic fake shortcuts in each folder each time I open them, and makes...

Discus and support Windows creates automatic fake shortcuts in each folder each time I open them, and makes... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; There appears shortcut-looking items in every folder on my PC and of the drives connected to it, every time I open or refresh a folder it appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by New Editor, Sep 8, 2023.

1. Windows creates automatic fake shortcuts in each folder each time I open them, and makes...

There appears shortcut-looking items in every folder on my PC and of the drives connected to it, every time I open or refresh a folder it appears there. These shortcuts are named music, pictures, reports, statements, and one is named as the folder it's been created in.These are not real shortcuts, and double-clicking them doesn't open anything. Their properties dialog box look like this:The text in Target is: C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /c start ..\Microsoft\MicrosoftSecurity.exe /AutoIt3ExecuteScript ..\Microsoft\Microsoft.a3x explorer ChrW41-4 & String"C" & ChrW68 & ChrW

:)

New Editor, Sep 8, 2023

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 8, 2023
  3. dalchina Win User
    Make list of files in a folder

My impression is that what he wants is a list he can click on. To me that suggests creating one folder with shortcuts to the items in the various media folders.

And perhaps Motim wants that to be a dynamic list- i.e. always up to date with respect to changing content in those folders.

If so, this could be done using Autohotkey, with a script which scans through the files in each folder in turn and for each file use this command to create a shortcut:

Windows creates automatic fake shortcuts  in each folder each time I open them, and makes... 153333d1505405813t-make-list-files-folder-1.jpg

Motim?

dalchina, Sep 8, 2023
  4. Windows creates automatic fake shortcuts in each folder each time I open them, and makes...

windows 10 shortcuts in shared folder

I have not. The other computer, windows 7, is the bos' laptop and when he is in he's working on it, so I do not have any opportunity to do so. When I do have a window of time to try to fix this issue on his computer is when he has tried to access the files
    and can not. Very limited time. I will try to check that out next time I have access.

"A" is a desktop running windows 10

"B" is a laptop running windows 7

I still do not understand why the shortcuts will work with the "A" machine and not with the "B" machine. However, when created with the "B" machine they do work????????

Again, remember the shared folder is on the "A" machine and the files that the shortcuts reference are on the "A" machine.

"B" machine has access!!!!

You can scroll down to the network in windows file explorer and open the network, select the "A" machine and the folders are listed. You can select a folder and the files are listed. You can select a file and open it. so why won't the shortcut in the shared
    folder open the file????

The shared folder is on "A".

"B" makes a shortcut to the shared folder and places it on the "B" desktop.

When clicking on the "B" desktop shortcut to the shared folder on "A" the "A" shared folder opens on "B".

Click on any of the shortcuts in the shared folder that was created with "A" and nothing happens.

Using "B" find the file wanted on "A" and create a shortcut placing it in the shared folder on "A" then click it and

the file opens.

why would "B" be able to create and open a shortcut to file on A but not be able to open a shortcut created by A to the same file???

without shared access "B" could not create a shortcut on A to a file on A. So the share is working in that respect. The problem is with windows 10 created shortcuts on the windows 10 machine. the file is placed in the shared folder instead of making a shortcut
    to it then the widows 7 can open it. I have displayed the properties of the shortcut with both windows 7 and windows 10 and target is blank when displayed on the windows 7 but not when displayed on the windows 10????? Same shortcut examined with both machines.

Boyd Anderson, Sep 8, 2023
Thema:

Windows creates automatic fake shortcuts in each folder each time I open them, and makes...

1. Windows creates automatic fake shortcuts in each folder each time I open them, and makes... - Similar Threads - creates automatic fake

2. Windows creates automatic fake shortcuts in each folder each time I open them, and makes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows creates automatic fake shortcuts in each folder each time I open them, and makes...: There appears shortcut-looking items in every folder on my PC and of the drives connected to it, every time I open or refresh a folder it appears there. These shortcuts are named music, pictures, reports, statements, and one is named as the folder it's been created in.These...
  3. Windows creates automatic fake shortcuts in each folder each time I open them, and makes...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows creates automatic fake shortcuts in each folder each time I open them, and makes...: There appears shortcut-looking items in every folder on my PC and of the drives connected to it, every time I open or refresh a folder it appears there. These shortcuts are named music, pictures, reports, statements, and one is named as the folder it's been created in.These...
  4. Track each time Excel document is opened?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Track each time Excel document is opened?: I have an Excel document shared by multiple colleagues and I'd like to keep a running list of each time one of them opens the document. Is it possible to build a flow that would track this information? Possibly a spreadsheet that tracks the date it was opened and by who? If...
  5. Track each time Excel document is opened?

Track each time Excel document is opened?: I have an Excel document shared by multiple colleagues and I'd like to keep a running list of each time one of them opens the document. Is it possible to build a flow that would track this information? Possibly a spreadsheet that tracks the date it was opened and by who? If...
  6. Track each time Excel document is opened?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows 11 restarts automatically each time I shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 restarts automatically each time I shutdown: I use the Windows/Start/Shutdown feature and my ultrabook HP Spectre360 powers off. But after 5 seconds, the laptop powers up again. I have tried changing power settings and turning off "Restart after crash". Has anyone else had this problem? Internet searches provide some...
  8. Windows 11 restarts automatically each time I shutdown

Windows 11 restarts automatically each time I shutdown: I use the Windows/Start/Shutdown feature and my ultrabook HP Spectre360 powers off. But after 5 seconds, the laptop powers up again. I have tried changing power settings and turning off "Restart after crash". Has anyone else had this problem? Internet searches provide some...
  9. File Explorer opens up in a new folder each time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer opens up in a new folder each time: Windows Explorer keeps opening up in a new window each time I click on it. I have tried a number of suggested solutions but nothing is working to get it it to only open in the same window. Does anyone know how to fix this please. And yes, I do have it checked to "Open each...
  10. Making explorer open windows beside each other

in Windows 10 Customization
    Making explorer open windows beside each other: Hello! Is there a way to tell explorer to open new windows beside already open windows - as opposed to overlapping them. I've been trying to find a way to do this ever since I tried Linux for a little bit and the file manager windows would open besides each other and...