Windows 10: Windows creates new shortcuts on my taskbar every time I log in

Discus and support Windows creates new shortcuts on my taskbar every time I log in in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently installed Windows and I got this extrange problem where everytime I log into any account, Windows creates a shortcut for the System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ALP_09, Feb 15, 2020.

1. ALP_09 Win User

Windows creates new shortcuts on my taskbar every time I log in

I recently installed Windows and I got this extrange problem where everytime I log into any account, Windows creates a shortcut for the System Configuration, cmd and Control Panel always these three.

Windows creates new shortcuts on my taskbar every time I log in 26dde3cb-506d-466d-8f6b-a22f02bfaeb2?upload=true.png

No matter how many times I remove them, they will be back after I restart my computer.

Any ideas what could be the problem and how to solve it? I have looked for possible solutions but i seem to be the only one with this problem.This is the closest thing i found but in his case, Windows creates Desktop shortcuts.

:)

ALP_09, Feb 15, 2020

2. Pin Windows 10 Maps to taskbar or create a desktop shortcut for it

Hi JM,

In pinning an app in taskbar and creating a desktop shortcut, follow the steps below.

A. How to pin apps to taskbar in Windows 10.

• Type Maps in Cortana Search.
    • Right-click on it and choose Pin to Taskbar.

Windows creates new shortcuts on my taskbar every time I log in 987714d5-eb03-4326-9024-8c5855974ac2.jpg

B. How to create desktop shortcut in Windows 10.

• Right-click an open area on the Desktop.
    • Hover your mouse on New and click Shortcut.
    • Click Browse.
    • Click the program or file you want to create a shortcut.
    • Choose Open and hit Next. You have the option to change the name for the shortcut.
    • Click Finish button if it appears at the bottom of the dialog box.
    • Click Next button if it appears at the bottom of the dialog box.
    • Click the icon you want to use for the shortcut, and then click Finish.

If you have further questions, feel free to reply to this post.

Amylove Loy, Feb 15, 2020
  3. How do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to add a shortcut to the taskbar in Windows 10. You are right that there is no option to pin the shortcut to the taskbar. However, you should be able to drag and drop the shortcut to the taskbar. If you are unable
    to do that try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

• Open the network connection page by clicking on the shortcut.
    • Once that page is open, you could see the same in the taskbar.
    • Now, right click on the icon of network connection in the taskbar which is representing your shortcut.
    • Select the option pin to the taskbar.
    • Now the shortcut will be pinned to the taskbar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Taskbar screen saver shortcut

Hello Ozzie,

Normally, it will only allow you to create a shortcut on your desktop but not in your Taskbar. To assist you with your concern, you can follow these steps to circumvent it:

• Send the screensaver shortcut on your desktop.
    • Right-click on the screensaver shortcut and click-on properties.
    • Paste the following information in the Target option under Shortcut C:\Windows\explorer.exe "C:\Windows\System32\scrnsave.scr"
    • Hit Apply.
    • Hit OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows creates new shortcuts on my taskbar every time I log in - Similar Threads - creates shortcuts taskbar

2. in windows 10 every time new usere creat

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    in windows 10 every time new usere creat: in windows 10 every time new usere creat https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-every-time-new-usere-creat/ffc80477-2b55-47dd-830f-f19c000afb8b
  3. in windows 10 every time new usere creat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    in windows 10 every time new usere creat: in windows 10 every time new usere creat https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-every-time-new-usere-creat/ffc80477-2b55-47dd-830f-f19c000afb8b
  4. in windows 10 every time new usere creat

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Signing in from a new device every time I log into a website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signing in from a new device every time I log into a website: Since I have updated to Windows 11, every site, from Reddit to Chase, prompts me to confirm as it appears I am logging in from a new device. I am not. how do I fix this?...
  6. Signing in from a new device every time I log into a website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Signing in from a new device every time I log into a website: Since I have updated to Windows 11, every site, from Reddit to Chase, prompts me to confirm as it appears I am logging in from a new device. I am not. how do I fix this?...
  7. DefaultUser keeps being created every time I log in to Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DefaultUser keeps being created every time I log in to Windows: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/fr0stehsnew [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktdufu/defaultuser_keeps_being_created_every_time_i_log/
  8. This happens every time I log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This happens every time I log in: [IMG]what is this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-happens-every-time-i-log-in/250d28af-f914-46b0-a7fb-891f6fdbaed2
  9. Log in every time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Log in every time: Hi, I have a windows 10 desktop. I have been able to log into my accounts without any trouble. Recently I have had to have someone call or send me a text with a password so I can log on. It gets to be a pain. These are sites I use every day, and I am the only one who uses...
  10. my PC creates a new temporary user every time I log in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my PC creates a new temporary user every time I log in: hey, for some reason, every time I log into my user in my PC, a new temporary user is created. i cant think of anything that triggered it. [ATTACH] so my questions are: 1) does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? [yes, i tried restarting] 2) is there a...