Windows 10: Windows creating many .ini files, causine problems for OneDrive

Discus and support Windows creating many .ini files, causine problems for OneDrive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Onedrive is constantly reporting .ini and .db files that it cannot process. Frequently it halts and I get OneDrive "Can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JeffS9, Sep 9, 2019.

1. JeffS9 Win User

Windows creating many .ini files, causine problems for OneDrive

My Onedrive is constantly reporting .ini and .db files that it cannot process.

Frequently it halts and I get

OneDrive "Can't upload files - A file problem is blocking all uploads"

At this point OneDrive is not giving me the backup that I need.

If I do a search and delete all the .ini and .db files on my computer more files appear within a few minutes.

Any suggestions?

:)

JeffS9, Sep 9, 2019
  2. nuva Win User

Snippet C#: INI Files

This code is great, i'm going to use this in one of my programmes *Big Grin Windows creating many .ini  files, causine problems for OneDrive :D

is it possible to make a list of all sections in the ini files?

nuva, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Snippet C#: INI Files

GetSections() will return a string[] of section names. If you want the values too, just do a for or for loop to enumerate them. For example:

Code: foreach (string section in ini.GetSections()) { Console.WriteLine("[" + section + "]"); foreach (string key in ini[section].GetKeys()) Console.WriteLine(key + "=" + ini[section][key]); Console.WriteLine(); }[/quote]

FordGT90Concept, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Windows creating many .ini files, causine problems for OneDrive

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows creating many .ini files, causine problems for OneDrive

1. Windows creating many .ini files, causine problems for OneDrive - Similar Threads - creating many ini

2. Robocopy error with OneDrive folder, create 0kb files and skip many others files!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Robocopy error with OneDrive folder, create 0kb files and skip many others files!!!: HiI use robocopy to sync OneDrive folder from PC to server as backup.But, some files on backup server is 0kb and robocopy have problems with žćčšđ croatian letters in file/folder names.Before moving to OneDrive this wont happen.What's wrong?example off error and this error is...
  3. Robocopy error with OneDrive folder, create 0kb files and skip many others files!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robocopy error with OneDrive folder, create 0kb files and skip many others files!!!: HiI use robocopy to sync OneDrive folder from PC to server as backup.But, some files on backup server is 0kb and robocopy have problems with žćčšđ croatian letters in file/folder names.Before moving to OneDrive this wont happen.What's wrong?example off error and this error is...
  4. Robocopy error with OneDrive folder, create 0kb files and skip many others files!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Creating 1 file out of many

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating 1 file out of many: I have 7 files on my desktop that I would like to combine into just 1 file. I have tried the stacking method of pulling one over and stacking it on top of the other, and it didn't work. So I need to know how to take those seven files and combine them into one filing cabinet...
  6. Windows Defender and .ini files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender and .ini files: We ae using Windows 10 and Windows Defender antivirus. When our program saves information to an .ini file - it can take a very long time. It takes more than 4 times longer with Windows Defender than with other anti-virus programs ex AVG, Avast. If we exclude the .ini file...
  7. OneDrive Sync altered many desktop files

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Sync altered many desktop files: Hello: Microsoft One Drive synched. As usual, it also synched many files I have on my desktop. While it was synching, I noticed many files on my desktop flickering and when that was done, they had green checks next to them. When the synching was done with, I noticed the...
  8. OneDrive Synch altered many desktop files

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Synch altered many desktop files: Hello: Microsot One Drive synched. As usual, it also synched many files I have on my desktop. While it was synching, I noticed many files on my desktop flickering and when that was done, they had green checks next to them. When the synching was done with, I noticed the...
  9. Onedrive creates multiple files

Onedrive creates multiple files: Hello, Onedrive is creating multiple files, e.g. if file is salesdata it will create salesdata 1, salesdata 2 etc. I tried the following but did not fix it: Try to reset your Onedrive (Please note that no data will be lost because of below step) Windows Key+R >...
  10. Onedrive creates multiple files

Onedrive creates multiple files: Hello, Onedrive is creating multiple files, e.g. if file is salesdata it will create salesdata 1, salesdata 2 etc....