Windows 10: Windows creating temporary profile for my account instead of using my normal profile.

Discus and support Windows creating temporary profile for my account instead of using my normal profile. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since Saturday, when I start my laptop, all my documents and settings are gone. I have checked for viruses and malware, but none were detected. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wayne Senior, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Windows creating temporary profile for my account instead of using my normal profile.

Since Saturday, when I start my laptop, all my documents and settings are gone. I have checked for viruses and malware, but none were detected. I have made sure the latest Windows updates are installed. I tried to do a system restore but it failed.

My files are safely backed up on an external drive. I have a desktop computer, which I am using to post this query.

I looked in users, and discovered that rather than using my normal profile - which contains all my files - Windows has created a temporary version of the profile that it is using. I copied and pasted my files to the temporary profile, and discovered that they only stay there if I shut down my computer instead of restarting it. If I restart the computer, they disappear.

The same is true of settings. If I change a setting, the setting reverts to the default when my computer restarts. When I restart the computer, programmes behave as though they have never been used before.

Please could somebody advise on possible causes and solutions to this problem?

:)

Wayne Senior, Sep 8, 2019
  2. dgootee Win User

Try to login into my profile but am redirected to temporary profile.

In simple terms and step by step how to have my profile not be redirected to a temporary profile. Answers I have seen are too technical. Cannot figure out where to start on my computer to create a new user account as posts suggest. This started the
    day I updated to Windows 10.

dgootee, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 temporary profile error?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are facing issue in editing some settings from a temporary profile. You need to login to your original (Administrator) profile to change those settings.

I would suggest you to change the account type to administrator, if it is not and see if it helps. Try the steps provided below to change the account type.

• Login with the temporary profile.
    • Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel from the list.
    • Select Large icons from the view by drop down menu.
    • Click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change Account type.
    • Select Administrator radio button and click OK.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Windows creating temporary profile for my account instead of using my normal profile.

User Lost. Temporary profile Win10

Hi Antonio,

I realize that the Temporary profile is gone from Windows 10 pc. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• Did you create that Temporary user profile?

• Was that Temporary profile a standard account or the Microsoft account?

Reply to us with more information to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows creating temporary profile for my account instead of using my normal profile.

1. Windows creating temporary profile for my account instead of using my normal profile. - Similar Threads - creating temporary profile

2. Can't log in into Microsoft account from Windows, using temporary profile instead

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in into Microsoft account from Windows, using temporary profile instead: I tried today logging in into my regular account from Windows, and instead of logging me in - it logs me in into a temporary account and shows the following error: "We can't sign in to your account".I tried the following instructions described in the appropriate support page...
  3. Can't log in into Microsoft account from Windows, using temporary profile instead

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in into Microsoft account from Windows, using temporary profile instead: I tried today logging in into my regular account from Windows, and instead of logging me in - it logs me in into a temporary account and shows the following error: "We can't sign in to your account".I tried the following instructions described in the appropriate support page...
  4. Can't log in into Microsoft account from Windows, using temporary profile instead

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows creates a temporary profile, and creates separate username

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows creates a temporary profile, and creates separate username: I replaced one of my storage drives with an SSD, and when I logged into my PC, I was given the "temporary account" error. I tried fixing it with the Registry Editor, but it always makes a entirely new user folder. If I try to access my original user folder, I am given a "You...
  6. Windows creates a temporary profile, and creates separate username

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows creates a temporary profile, and creates separate username: I replaced one of my storage drives with an SSD, and when I logged into my PC, I was given the "temporary account" error. I tried fixing it with the Registry Editor, but it always makes a entirely new user folder. If I try to access my original user folder, I am given a "You...
  7. Windows creates a temporary profile, and creates separate username

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Temporary profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Temporary profile: Hello All, My windows was reinstalled and I see the following message. "You are logged on with a temporary profile." I need to resolve this. Any guidance will be most appreciated....
  9. Temporary Profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temporary Profile: My computer is stuck in a temporary profile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-profile/e864ddb8-1bc3-4bd8-9f60-f419a5154c11
  10. temporary profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    temporary profile: I took the plunge and upgraded my computer with 6 gigs RAM and a dual core 3.0 athlon x64 cpu so I could install Win 10. Was running Win 7. Downloaded the ISO to a flash drive. Installed Win 10 ver.1703. Updated my drivers. All seemed to go well. I used it all day. Rebooted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows signs me into a temporary profile instead of my own profile

2. signed in with temporary profile instead of normal profile

3. temp profile regedit