Windows 10: Windows Creator Update Asus Sound DSX glitch

Discus and support Windows Creator Update Asus Sound DSX glitch in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Worked fine before the update. After update, the front left right and center and all mixed up or missing. Onboard audio works fine, dts connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nate79, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Nate79 Win User

Windows Creator Update Asus Sound DSX glitch

Worked fine before the update. After update, the front left right and center and all mixed up or missing.

Onboard audio works fine, dts connect from sound card works fine, except when using analog out of the sound card.

I have removed and reinstalled hardware, but nothing changes.

Thanks.

:)

Nate79, Apr 14, 2017

2. Windows 10 computer experiences intermittent stuttering/slowdown (not sure of the term)

Hello. Over the past month or so, my PC has been experiencing a problem with video and audio glitches. I can never pin down when it happens, which is proving difficult for solving the issue. What happens is that whether I'm playing a game, watching a video,
    or talking in Teamspeak/Skype, my computer will slow down for a few seconds. The monitor output doesn't refresh as often, and the audio sounds like it's being stretched out over a few seconds to match the video output (or vice versa - I'm not sure of the cause)

It's been happening without warning, and is proving to be irritating as I record and edit game footage regularly. Has anyone here had experience with this sort of issue, and is there some method of dealing with the problem?

Here's a list of hardware in the PC according to Speccy:

• Motherboard: Asus 797-P (Socket 1150)
    • CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.50GHz
    • RAM: 2x8GB DDR3 @ 666MHz
    • GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB
    • Sound Card: Asus Xonar DSX
    Thanks in advance!

Jake Heneghan, Apr 14, 2017
  3. MartLea Win User
    Black screen when switching users

Get this error now ever since the useless Creators Update on my ASUS Laptop. This was fine before MSFT 'update' once again trashed the OS again.

They just never learn, fixed most of the glitches but cannot find any solution that works for this BSOD issue.

MartLea, Apr 14, 2017
  4. Windows Creator Update Asus Sound DSX glitch

So what do you mean by mixed up? That isnt really clear. Are they not working at all, are they swapped (left is now right channel), do some work and others not? Please give us a bit more info.

ArazelEternal, Apr 14, 2017
  5. Nate79 Win User
    Right front was mute, left side was coming from the center for the past two days. I just plugged the 4 3.5mm connections back into the sound card to post the exact problem, but now it works fine for some reason.

Not exactly sure what I did since last night and right now, but it is working now.

=)
    Edit. Nothing was wrong before the update, so I am thinking just unplugging, then reconnecting the 3.5 cables fixed the issues

Nate79, Apr 14, 2017
  6. CraigVMN Win User
    Same with my external Soundblaster card. DDL worked fine before Creators update, doesn't allow me to select it after. That plus display drivers for my Nvidia card makes me think CU has some issues to be ironed out. I rolled back my install, and everything works fine.

CraigVMN, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Creator Update Asus Sound DSX glitch

1. Windows Creator Update Asus Sound DSX glitch - Similar Threads - Creator Update Asus

2. Sound glitching

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound glitching: when I connect my airpods to my laptop and play a video the sound start glitching and its not because of the airpods because they work very good with my phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-glitching/c38149c3-3686-4e41-971f-917a9a79431a
  3. Xonar DSX sound cut / DPC latency issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xonar DSX sound cut / DPC latency issues: I installed a Xonar DSX in my current build, and I've been troubleshooting it since. I'll be going with onboard for my next one, but I bought this, and yeah, i'd like it to work. Originally it wasn't recognized by system, but fixed EEPROM issue via link below: Xonar EEPROM...
  4. Fall Creator's Update and Sound

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fall Creator's Update and Sound: I finally got the 1709 Fall Creator's Update on my Dell Optiplex 330. At first, I thought it was flawless, but then realized that my "Line In" sound wasn't working, which I use on a regular basis, even though no errors were being shown in Device Manager. Not wanting to...
  5. Security Updates in advance of Creator glitch

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Security Updates in advance of Creator glitch: I sent the following to :https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/ " I cannot complete the mandatory security settings update required for the Creator update. That is because I am visually impaired and operate my computer monitor in portrait setting and Windows 10...
  6. Sound delay Windows 10 Creators Update

Sound delay Windows 10 Creators Update: I have a brand new Dell XPS-13 ultraportable with Windows 10 Creators Update. There is a sound delay of 1-2 seconds. To see how this works go to Control Panel>Sound>Sound properties>Asterisk>test When "Test" is clicked the sound should be instantaneous but on my laptop...
  7. Store - updating apps glitch in creators?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store - updating apps glitch in creators?: I always turn the option to update apps automatically off in the store settings. I prefer to check myself manually and choose when to download and install an update. I've noticed since creators that if I run a check for updates the app updates are being found but rather than...
  8. Creators Update refusing to install DTS sound

Creators Update refusing to install DTS sound: Damn MS !!! not a single time without a hiccup ... broke my DTS sound + .....control panel disappeared ....& cannot trace its identity even i install manufacturer drivers( HP laptop - I installed the same driver few days back which installed DTS control panel automatically)...
  9. Asus S400CA and creators update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Asus S400CA and creators update.: I have ASUS S400CA laptop bought in 2013 with windows 8. Later installed and updated to windows 10 1607. I have changed hdd to ssd and wifi chip to intel. But windows update still not shows for creators update. Any one has updated to creators update with this laptop. Ifso is...
  10. Windows 10 Creator’s Update – No Video, No Sound

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Creator’s Update – No Video, No Sound: I am using an Intel DZ68DB motherboard with an i7-2600K CPU. I had been using Windows 10 Version 1511 with my system running stable and with no issues. Microsoft just ‘sent’ me the Creator’s Update, which is Windows 10 Version 1703. Now, my computer will no longer play...