Windows 10: Windows Creator's Update Presents Issues with Dolby Access

Discus and support Windows Creator's Update Presents Issues with Dolby Access in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Before I received the Windows's Creator's update, Dolby Home Theatre v4 was working perfectly. I have an Asus Xonar U7 through which I enjoy the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by svellika, May 19, 2017.

1. svellika Win User

Windows Creator's Update Presents Issues with Dolby Access

Hi,

Before I received the Windows's Creator's update, Dolby Home Theatre v4 was working perfectly. I have an Asus Xonar U7 through which I enjoy the dolby output. With this creator's update, not only Dolby Home Theare is downgraded to v2, but I'm unable to experience dolby surround music in YouTube/Netflix/Prime.

However, when I revert to the earlier build using the recovery options, everything works fine. Not sure how to go forward. I tried installing Dolby Home Theatre v4 again in the new build (creator's update), but the program doesn't start and says there's a version mismatch.

Strangely, when I install Dolby Atmos (Windows store, 30-day trial version), my speakers give dolby surround sound, but only through the dolby access page. The demos etc run fine with dolby sound, but YouTube/Netflix/Amazon Prime etc are giving only 2.0 sound.

Is anyone else facing the same issue? Does anyone have a workaround?

Thanks so much.

:)

svellika, May 19, 2017
  2. oliveru_ Win User

Dolby Atmos for home theater crashes - Creators Update

Hello together,

If I download the Dolby Access app after installing a new NVidia driver. I get Dolby Atmos like on Blu Rays - sounds great, but then I have no sound in games and other media.

If I try to configure the speakers, in the speakers settings of Windows and my Dolby Atmos Receiver it crashes and hangs. I can't go back to hearing sound now, only solution is to uninstall and reinstall NVidia drivers and then not choose Dolby Atmos for
    home theater, choose 5.1.

Now I have sound everywhere, also Dolby Atmos in supported games like Battlefield 1. But the new setting Dolby Atmos for home theater is a mess. I have sound and Dolby Atmos in the access app but nothing else. I can't configure my 5.0.2 setup (full spectrum
    speakers at front) with Dolby Atmos settings (crashes and stops working, also after restart), I have to choose 5.1 like before Creators Update.

Why?

Setup:

Freshly installed Creators Update.

NVidia GTX 980ti.

HDMI 2.0b Dolby Atmos Receiver Onkyo TX-NR656.

Hope you can help me or Microsoft can fix that.

Regards, Oliver

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

oliveru_, May 19, 2017
  3. oliveru_ Win User
    Dolby Atmos for home theater crashes - Creators Update

Hoped that the new fix in the newest MS update fixes Dolby Atmos for home Theater:

• Addressed issue where, after installing the Creators Update, audio output through external decoders no longer works.
    But no.

Still with this Setup can't use it

Onkyo 656 Dolby Atmos Receiver

NVidia GTX 980ti with HDMI 2.0b connected at the HDCP HDMI 2.0 Port from the receiver

Of Course 5.0 Setup with Dolby Atmos Speakers.

Again: If I select Dolby Atmos for home Theater I get Dolby Atmos in the Dolby Access app. No Sound in other sources. Also I can't Switch back to 5.1 Setup, it crashes from now on. Only uninstall and reinstall NVidia Drivers work now with Standard 5.1 Settings.

It is clearly a MS fault - please fix that.

oliveru_, May 19, 2017
  4. svellika Win User

Edit (21-May-2017). Looks like there's an external thread that discusses the same issue.
    Creators Update - No Dolby Digital DTS Anymore? - TR Forums

svellika, May 20, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows Creator's Update Presents Issues with Dolby Access - Similar Threads - Creator's Update Presents

2. Dolby Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dolby Access: Hi,This might be a daft question. I bought a pair of B&O Beoplay headphones as they are Dolby Atmos compatible to use wIth my PS5 the PS5 is now also compatible with Dolby Atmos. I opened up the box of the headphones and there was a card that stated to activate Dolby Atmos i...
  3. Dolby Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dolby Access: Hi,This might be a daft question. I bought a pair of B&O Beoplay headphones as they are Dolby Atmos compatible to use wIth my PS5 the PS5 is now also compatible with Dolby Atmos. I opened up the box of the headphones and there was a card that stated to activate Dolby Atmos i...
  4. Dolby Access

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Dolby Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dolby Access: A global problem that has been present for years. Microsoft does nothing about its complaining customers. I'm just tired of fixing their **** and I really don't want to clean up their ****. So I would like to ask the crappy Microsoft to clean up after itself what it **** out!...
  6. Dolby Access

Dolby Access: A global problem that has been present for years. Microsoft does nothing about its complaining customers. I'm just tired of fixing their **** and I really don't want to clean up their ****. So I would like to ask the crappy Microsoft to clean up after itself what it **** out!...
  7. Dolby Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dolby Access: Why was the checkmark that said enabled next to it removed from the dolby access app. For the longest time dolby atmos for headphones game performance eq hasn't been working. so I downloaded an older version of the dolby access app on my pc and noticed an immediately sound...
  8. Dolby Access

Dolby Access: Why was the checkmark that said enabled next to it removed from the dolby access app. For the longest time dolby atmos for headphones game performance eq hasn't been working. so I downloaded an older version of the dolby access app on my pc and noticed an immediately sound...
  9. Dolby access

Dolby access: I 've installed Dolby Access yesterday and I got a 7 days free trial period. Will I be charged after my free trial has ended? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dolby-access/a65918de-92f2-4f17-815e-27ac041f3df2
  10. Creator update issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Creator update issues: I had original installed creator update in VM and the update went fine. So i did an install on actual hardware the update didn't go fine. Upon first boot up I noticed all the icons i had pinned on startmenu were corrupt, so I rebooted system when system was back up, all...