Windows 10: Windows Credential Password

Discus and support Windows Credential Password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I had to replace the hard drive on one of my computers. I did not have a backup as it was merely a work station, so I had to reload software from... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SunShine AnimalHospital, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Windows Credential Password

I had to replace the hard drive on one of my computers. I did not have a backup as it was merely a work station, so I had to reload software from Manufacture's restore discs & then upgrade to windows 10. Now when trying to access some but not all of my network computers, I am required to enter a user/password for Network credentials. When I go to Windows credentials on my other computers I am unable to view the password, it only shows me that it's 8-characters but their is no option to "VIEW" under Window's Credentials only under Web Credentials.

How to I find the password for WINDOWS CREDENTIALS ?

:)

SunShine AnimalHospital, Jan 14, 2021

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Steeboo Win User

Windows Credential Password

Managing Credentials with no password

How do I access my password list - when I am running my PC without any Windows login or password ?

I have built my laptop using Windows 10 / 64 - without the need/requirement for any login or password

In order to see a Web Credentials password, you are required to enter a Windows credentials password - which I do not have (because I have built the PC without the requirement for such a login) .....(although I have tried my Hotmail login - which gives me
    access to email but fails to give me access to Web credentials)

What can I do to view my password list ?

And Eashwar Kumar - rather weirdly (for an IT pro) asked me the following - yesterday

1. I am referring to the passwords held in the CREDENTIAL MANAGER (in the control panel)

2. I am referring to ALL of my passwords

3. The Credential Manager is independent of browser !

[Merged]

Steeboo, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows Credential Password

1. Windows Credential Password - Similar Threads - Credential Password

2. I cannot access my passwords or my credential manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access my passwords or my credential manager: Ever since I My passwords do not show up when I click on the tab for them in the Wallet page and I can't access my credentials as every time I try to it says "You do not have permission to save files to this location. Select a different location". I have tried other solutions...
  3. I cannot access my passwords or my credential manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot access my passwords or my credential manager: Ever since I My passwords do not show up when I click on the tab for them in the Wallet page and I can't access my credentials as every time I try to it says "You do not have permission to save files to this location. Select a different location". I have tried other solutions...
  4. I have to enter Windows account credentials before I can enter a website password. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have to enter Windows account credentials before I can enter a website password. Why?: When I sign into a website like Yahoo.com I get a prompt appear asking me to enter my password for my Windows account first. Why & how do i stop it?...
  5. I have to enter Windows account credentials before I can enter a website password. Why?

I have to enter Windows account credentials before I can enter a website password. Why?: When I sign into a website like Yahoo.com I get a prompt appear asking me to enter my password for my Windows account first. Why & how do i stop it?...
  6. How can I view my saved passwords in credential manager?

How can I view my saved passwords in credential manager?: When I try to view my saved passwords, it has a user name that I did not set up. How can I change that user name and add a password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-view-my-saved-passwords-in-credential/42b35076-908a-4181-af0e-66a16fc55f30
  7. How can I view my saved passwords in credential manager?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I view my saved passwords in credential manager?: When I try to view my saved passwords, it has a user name that I did not set up. How can I change that user name and add a password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-view-my-saved-passwords-in-credential/42b35076-908a-4181-af0e-66a16fc55f30
  8. How can I view my saved passwords in credential manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Why am I seeing username and passwords in credential manager that are not? my.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I seeing username and passwords in credential manager that are not? my.: I see username and passwords in credential manager that are not mine. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-seeing-username-and-passwords-in/afcb5eec-239b-4f82-9e3b-1d287516e01a
  10. Why am I seeing username and passwords in credential manager that are not? my.

Why am I seeing username and passwords in credential manager that are not? my.: I see username and passwords in credential manager that are not mine. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-seeing-username-and-passwords-in/afcb5eec-239b-4f82-9e3b-1d287516e01a