Windows 10: Windows Credentials deleting on shutdown / startup - after Win update 2004

Discus and support Windows Credentials deleting on shutdown / startup - after Win update 2004 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After Windows 10 update 2004, my Windows Credentials for Outlook, RDP, LiveDrive etc. are being deleted after every shutdown / restart Note that the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by The Alster 222, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Windows Credentials deleting on shutdown / startup - after Win update 2004

After Windows 10 update 2004, my Windows Credentials for Outlook, RDP, LiveDrive etc. are being deleted after every shutdown / restart

Note that the Web Credentials are fine, it's just Windows Credentials

I have tried everything that most people suggest:

1 - Running esentutil to clean up there were a few ESENT errors in event log

2 - Changing "Allow delegating saved credentials" in computer config

3 - Adding registry entries see below

4 - Running sfc /scannow

5 - Set Credentials manager to auto start although why that would help I don't know!

Registry stuff none works:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography\Protect\Providers\df9d8cd0-1501-11d1-8c7a-00c04fc297eb

Add DWORD = ProtectionPolicy = 1

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\AutoDiscover
    Add DWORD = ExcludeExplicitO365Endpoint = 1

I have a Microsoft Login of course can't now have a local one

This is driving me nuts to input something like 10+ passwords every morning ...

Anyone any ideas ???

Much appreciated

:)

The Alster 222, Oct 22, 2020
  2. sachind1 Win User

script running on Startup and Shutdown of System is not working

Steps

• Open a run box
    • type in "gpedit.msc"
    • Expand Computer Configuration
    • Expand Windows Settings
    • Select Scripts (Startup/Shutdown)
    • Double click Startup
    • Click Show Files and copy/paste your file in to this folder
    • Click the Add button on the startup properties
    • Click Browse and double click on your script to choose it.
    • "OK" out of all windows to apply the new settings.
    I am generally Giving Path of My python to the startup and shutdown as steps given above

sachind1, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Windows Credentials deleting on shutdown / startup - after Win update 2004

OldNavyGuy, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows Credentials deleting on shutdown / startup - after Win update 2004

1. Windows Credentials deleting on shutdown / startup - after Win update 2004 - Similar Threads - Credentials deleting shutdown

2. Freezing & shutdown of application after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezing & shutdown of application after startup: I have a HP Probook, within 5 mins of startup, screen freezes and then whatever program I have open crushes. Only does it once just after startup then runs beautifully until I shutdown. I've done a reset and seemed to be working fine until I installed some of my favorite...
  3. Keyboard not recognized at startup after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard not recognized at startup after 2004 update: Since most recently updating Windows my USB keyboard does not seem to be recognized at startup, after either shutdown or reboot. I can restore it by unplugging and replugging the USB cable, but this must be done every time Windows loads....
  4. Slow startup after updating Windows 10 to version 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow startup after updating Windows 10 to version 2004: I just did the Windows 10 update to version 2004. No after I sign in it takes 5 full minutes for anything to come up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-startup-after-updating-windows-10-to-version/69203dce-259b-4dce-81ee-a76fdb0ba8f7
  5. Windows slow startup after updating windows to may 2004 update

Windows slow startup after updating windows to may 2004 update: Hi, I use Dell Inspiron 15 5567 laptop, recently due to slow startup I reinstalled windows and then it started working normally but after reinstalling windows I got an update of windows May 2004 version update .After updating the laptop ,boot up time is very slow like it...
  6. win 2004 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 2004 update.: I have an HP AMD based laptop. Windows update tells me when ready for my device it will be shown on windows update screen. Any ideas when? Thanks John https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-2004-update/75f6a948-57df-4b26-844b-e5787f9c356f
  7. Computer will not shutdown fully after 2004 update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer will not shutdown fully after 2004 update.: At times when I decided to shut down my pc, only the monitors will turn off, but the rgb and fans will continue spinning indefinitely. Pressing the keyboard or mouse button does nothing. It's not any kind of sleep because I have disabled those. I have also disable fast...
  8. Win 10 Startup after UPDATE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Startup after UPDATE: After the last Win 10 update my Lenovo Ideacenre 510A-151CB does not go directly to the Lenovo screen. It will go thru the following 2x about 5-8 minutes >>Checking Media Presence >> Media Present >>Staart PXE over IPv4 om MAX 00-D8-61-4A-1A-3C Then it does it again...
  9. Laptop shutdown after startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shutdown after startup: So my hp laptop shutdowns after turning it on. I can get it to fully load once in a while but the majority of the time it simply goes to a black screen after startup and powers off. Any suggestions?...
  10. BSOD on Startup after clean shutdown

BSOD on Startup after clean shutdown: My Windows 10 system sometimes crashed on startup, after loading progress. The monitor would show blank white screen, or sometimes the blue screen (sometimes with corrupted display). This does not happen so often, but I'd like to know the cause. The daily operation of the...