Windows 10: Windows credentials repeating every day

Discus and support Windows credentials repeating every day in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So i logged into my work laptop and its given mr a windiws credentials error i can connect to my vpn just fine a colleague force changed my password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaigeSmith4, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Windows credentials repeating every day

So i logged into my work laptop and its given mr a windiws credentials error i can connect to my vpn just fine

a colleague force changed my password for me and unlocked my active directory account. They also cleared my cache credentials that are to do with old password. However, every single day my AD needs unlocking, theres no cache credentisls saved in manager and i have logged off all other servers i use to make sure these arent causing the problem!

It comes up with the “change your password via lock screen” and every time i do that it then says “this account is locked”

any help is appreciated!

:)

PaigeSmith4, Apr 15, 2021
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Windows credentials repeating every day

Scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges can't access stored Windows credentials

It seems that after Creators update scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges ('run with highest privileges' option) can't access stored Windows credentials. Is that a bug or an intentional change and is there a recommended workaround?

Here's one way to reproduce the behaviour:

• Start Credential Manger and add some Windows share credentials.
    • In a console window type 'cmdkey /list', which should list the added credentials
    • Create a task in a task manager:
      • Trigger: on user logon
      • Action: run cmd.exe
      • Tick the 'run with highest privileges' option
    • Reboot the machine and log in
    • In the console window (let's call it 'console 1') opened from the scheduled task type 'cmdkey /list'. This most likely won't display the credentials added in step 1 and properly listed in step 2. ->
      This looks like a bug
    • Now, without closing 'console 1' open another console window as an administrator (let's call it 'console 2') and type 'cmdkey /list'. This will properly list credentials added in step 1.
    • Switch to 'console 1' and type 'cmdkey /list' again. This time the credentials are listed properly, unlike in step 5. It looks like an access to Windows credentials was somehow 'unlocked' by step 6.

MarcinMrowiec, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows credentials repeating every day

1. Windows credentials repeating every day - Similar Threads - credentials repeating every

2. Repeating BSOD every few days "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" And "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeating BSOD every few days "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" And "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE": The crashes seem to occur either while the computer is asleep or shortly after the computer wakes up from sleep. I would appreciate any help.Link to dump files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtJARavyEqDmtREjh4-ZaboShTfI?e=lz33wA...
  3. BSOD repeatedly within a day

BSOD repeatedly within a day: It seems like a DirectX & Nvidia GPU driver error based on Bluescreenview, so I have updated my Nvidia drivers to the latest version but the crash still reoccurs. Any guidance will be appreciated. Thanks! DESKTOP-R9KUIPU-(2021-06-06_22-23-07).zip 180619
  4. Windows BSOD every day

Windows BSOD every day: I get a windows BSOD almost daily now. It happens once and then the pc works fine for the rest of the day. I've already done sfc scans and memtests, nothing seems to be wrong and i dont know how to fix this. Here is the most recent crash...
  5. Crashes every day,

Crashes every day,: Why are we having crashes everyday, and at anytime of the day, This problem is beyond a joke, I'm not laughing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/crashes-every-day/d4529fa5-387e-478a-bea5-d4044b7be9e0
  6. Credential Manager Repeatedly asks for "fix"

Credential Manager Repeatedly asks for "fix": What was thought to be an Outlook issue repeatedly asking for passwords upon login, turns out to be a Credential Manager... I think. 4 of 6 MS Techs have logged in a looked at the issue- same suggestions, same tests, no different results. 2 techs gave same advice. Have tried...
  7. Microsoft requesting credentials for every program, every day

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft requesting credentials for every program, every day: My computer has recently started asking for my credentials every time I turn my computer on after the initial login screen, once the computer is booted. I get notifications about "work or school account problem" and "Microsoft account problem," as well as some individual...
  8. BSOD Every Day

BSOD Every Day: Hello, I am getting daily BSODs and computer freezes. Attached is my V2 Collector Log. I am using Windows 10. Please let me know if you need any other information. Thank you for your help! 161097
  9. Repeated Network Credentials Input

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Repeated Network Credentials Input: Hi All, I keep getting the pop up to key in my network credentials to a NAS even though they are saved in the credentials manager. Happens when i reboot, after a while it goes back to normal. What could be the issue? Windows 10 version is 1903....
  10. Endless repeating Credentials Prompt in Office365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Endless repeating Credentials Prompt in Office365: Hi All, I have installed current Windows 1809 with an MS Account and PIN for identification. Using the same account I connect to onedrive. Having one Excel sheet on onedrive pinned to the Excel icon. Worked well, but this spring I got several warnings: MS-Outlook 365...