Windows 10: Windows Credentials Request when trying to access another pc on home Network

Discus and support Windows Credentials Request when trying to access another pc on home Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a desktop PC and a Laptop on my home network. I could share file using the network and sharing option. After the 1803 update when Homegroup was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LightMusic53151, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Windows Credentials Request when trying to access another pc on home Network

I have a desktop PC and a Laptop on my home network. I could share file using the network and sharing option. After the 1803 update when Homegroup was removed I could no longer access the computers in either direction without the Enter Network Credentials appearing. Recently, following one of the many supposed fixes I have managed access from my Desktop to my Laptop. The reverse direction remains stubbornly inaccessible.

I have tried setting the credentials in the same way as the working direction using the Microsoft account and password, without success. Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

LightMusic53151, Jan 8, 2020

2. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Cannot clear network access credentials

I access a network server using a username + password. I'd like to use another username+password, but I cannot clear the old credentials. What I've done until now:

1. there was nothing to delete in Windows credentials (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Credential Manager)
    2. net use * /del
    3. klist purge
    4. restart explorer
    5. restart PC
    6. changed the password on the server, and saving NEW credentials on the PC. When I reverted back to original server password, the PC connected automatically (this makes me think that those credentials were saved somewhere, but I don't know where).

amimandami, Jan 8, 2020
  4. Windows Credentials Request when trying to access another pc on home Network

Error: Windows cannot access \\PC-Name, you do not have permission to access this pc. Contact your network administrator to request access, while trying to access one PC from another over network

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while accessing one PC from another PC over the network. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Are the entire PC’s running Windows 10 1809 build version?
    2. Have you tried accessing the PC using IP address of the PC?
    3. Are the PC’s connected to domain network?

I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by performing certain troubleshooting steps.

However, I would suggest you to refer the suggestions by

Roohi_Taj
    replied on January 8, 2019 and see if that helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows Credentials Request when trying to access another pc on home Network

1. Windows Credentials Request when trying to access another pc on home Network - Similar Threads - Credentials Request trying

2. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access networked PC on home network: I have 2 PC’s with Windows 10 on a home network, hardwired to the router. Despite configuring my home network to share files and configuring my antiviral program to private network and full trust on both PC’s, I cannot access the other PC on the network from either PC.When I...
  3. network credentials pop up when accessing another device on network

network credentials pop up when accessing another device on network: PROBLEM #1: I have one desktop running on Win 7, one laptop running on Win 10, and 1 printer on the same network. I used to be able to access files between both devices without any issue. Recently, when I try to access the desktop from my laptop, a "Enter Windows...
  4. How do I know the network credentials when accessing another network drive?

How do I know the network credentials when accessing another network drive?: [ATTACH] I tried going to Credential manager and there are a lot of things written under Generic Credentials. I don't know which credentials should I use. I want to know the username and password.I know I can just turn of password protection but I still want to know how to...
  5. credentials problem accessing computer on home network

credentials problem accessing computer on home network: Simple version: When I attempt to access computer name Tosh-64 from any other computer on the network, I WAS getting challenged for a user name and p/w. I kept getting 'wrong uname or p/w. Made a big mistake and tried MS account credentials. It's a local account and of course...
  6. Asking to enter network credentials when access files on network

Asking to enter network credentials when access files on network: Hi, I did the update on our two PCs this morning. The first PCmain hold our data and the second PCcad accesses that data across the network. I can not get to Main from Cad any longer. It asks for a Network Login which I am unsure of. I can ping both ways between the PCs. Is...
  7. Asking for Network Credentials when trying to access computer on the network

Asking for Network Credentials when trying to access computer on the network: I know have all of my computers on Windows 10. When I had only one on Windows 10 I could share all of the computers and their files including the Windows 10 one. Now I can only share printers. I can see all of the computer under Network but when I press on one of the other...
  8. Access to another computer on my home network.

Access to another computer on my home network.: When trying to access a second computer I'm required to enter a user name and password. There are no user names and/or passwords on any of my computers. What now?...
  9. Home network credentials

Home network credentials: I have a simple home network and among other devices, phone, Kindle Fire tablet, TV, Blue Ray Player, I have my desktop computer, and my notebook. I often want to transfer documents or folders between these two computers. I open the network window click on the device and I am...
  10. Accessing networked PC - what are network credentials

Accessing networked PC - what are network credentials: I wish to connect to a directory on another computer on my home network. All was well until the 1803 update (I was able to map the required folder OK) but now I get a dialogue asking for my network credentials; name and password. I think I can set the name OK - in my case...