Windows 10: Windows credentials unexplained entry

Discus and support Windows credentials unexplained entry in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Whenever I look at my windows Credentials I see an unexplained entry at the top of the list of web credentials as follows it is currently... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Robert~, May 30, 2020.

1. Robert~ Win User

Windows credentials unexplained entry

Hi Whenever I look at my windows Credentials I see an unexplained entry at the top of the list of web credentials as follows it is currently

http://E93EC0BD-87BD-9E3A-89160C088DA9

there is then a sequence of numbers as the user name and a further sequence of numbers and letters as the password

At no point was I asked permission to save these credentials

I remove them and they re appear the next day

Can anyone explain this please

:)

Robert~, May 30, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, May 30, 2020
  3. Task scheduler user account list includes user accounts that have already been deleted from the computer.

Thanks for providing the results of the troubleshooting steps we provided. Since the credentials are still showing up in task scheduler, we suggest that you follow the steps below to check the entries in the credential manager and delete the entries manually:

• Type the words Credential Manager in Cortana or the search box.
    • From the list of results select Credential Manager
    • From this screen, you can manage Web Credentials and
      Windows Credentials

Once you have the screen open verify if any of the credentials you saw in task scheduler is present and manually delete them.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, May 30, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, May 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows credentials unexplained entry - Similar Threads - credentials unexplained entry

2. Dell Latitude E5570 laptop credential entry windows Used name and Password are not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Latitude E5570 laptop credential entry windows Used name and Password are not...: Hi I am facing a problem with my Dell Latitude E5570 laptop with Window 7 Professional Operating System. I have removed all users from Local Security Policies ->Local Policies-> Security Options -> DCOM ..policies. On restarting the laptop while booting the credential entry...
  3. Dell Latitude E5570 laptop credential entry windows Used name and Password are not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Latitude E5570 laptop credential entry windows Used name and Password are not...: Hi I am facing a problem with my Dell Latitude E5570 laptop with Window 7 Professional Operating System. I have removed all users from Local Security Policies ->Local Policies-> Security Options -> DCOM ..policies. On restarting the laptop while booting the credential entry...
  4. Random Unexplained BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Unexplained BSOD: As the Title Question states, random unexplained BSOD happens within about 24 hours of each other, as of now twice. I have two minidumps for each crash and this started after I started using a new keyboard and did install its options application [This is a Logitech keyboard]....
  5. Random Unexplained BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Unexplained BSOD: As the Title Question states, random unexplained BSOD happens within about 24 hours of each other, as of now twice. I have two minidumps for each crash and this started after I started using a new keyboard and did install its options application [This is a Logitech keyboard]....
  6. Unexplained Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unexplained Display: Hello Folks, when I connect my Doro PhoneEasy 612 mobile phone to any USB port on my Win 10 or Win 7 PC I gat as in my image. My Win 10 pc is a laptop without a disc drive.-...
  7. Unexplained dowloads

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unexplained dowloads: Today, Host Process for Windows Services has downloaded 1GB with no request, permission, or explanation.I have metered broadband during the day. I do not take kindly to 10% of the month's allowance being used in this way.The two main servers involved were:...
  8. Unexplained PopFxEnforceDirectedPowerTransition crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexplained PopFxEnforceDirectedPowerTransition crash: My brand new Dell laptop with Windows 10 installed crashes every now and then in sleep mode. I can't tell from the dump file what driver is causing this. Dell blames it on Windows and is asking me to reinstall it like the reinstall will magically realign drivers. I uploaded...
  9. Unexplained mirroring problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unexplained mirroring problem: Hi everybody, I have an employable problem, I use a laptop with W10 to mirror on the tv with an amazon stick and its default software but it crashes if instead I use the Iphone with the Airscreen app as a source it works without problems, the same software however does not...
  10. Weird Web Credential Entries, a mystery still unsolved in Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird Web Credential Entries, a mystery still unsolved in Windows 10?: First of all i require a tangible ANSWER which deals with the issue at hand and not technically unrelated copy pasta spam by Greg Carmack or similar "mvp" reputation bots. This has been asked before and locked without a solution nor a given reason for the lock. Windows...