Windows 10: windows critical update August 13, now computer does not work

Discus and support windows critical update August 13, now computer does not work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Notice of update and the need to restart. Upon restart screen went to 100% and then stayed there for overnight. I tried connecting with a startup disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KennethWeber, Aug 14, 2019.

1. windows critical update August 13, now computer does not work

Notice of update and the need to restart. Upon restart screen went to 100% and then stayed there for overnight. I tried connecting with a startup disk where I tried to restore to before the update. Screen is still solid gray. S0 I got to the boot menu and ran a system quick test on hardware.. This came up as failed with fail id: 64MUG8-71R9P2-MFPWWK-60UF03. Product id: E8B070A#ABA. Computer still will not boot up on its own. I am losing valuable work time. Any direction would be helpful. This is an HP laptop.

:)

KennethWeber, Aug 14, 2019

2. DirectX August Update

Microsoft has released the August Update for DirectX. Currently there is only the full redistributable, however the web installer will be available shortly. It's not critical, but it is generally recommended that all Windows gamers upgrade to the latest version.

Source: DirectX

HellasVagabond, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Aug 14, 2019
  4. windows critical update August 13, now computer does not work

Making Crossfire Work and Optimization

Critical steps and file updated!

For those that had tried before, this will work now!

Dr. Spankenstein, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

windows critical update August 13, now computer does not work

1. windows critical update August 13, now computer does not work - Similar Threads - critical update August

2. Updated Bios Now Windows Hello Does Not Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated Bios Now Windows Hello Does Not Work: I updated my bios due to a new exploit and wanted to be secure now I cant use windows hello pin at all if im signed into my Microsoft account had to convert my account to a local. It seems to work annoying but it works, but now I am unable to use the xbox app due to not being...
  3. Update Around August 13, updated my computer and now my search is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update Around August 13, updated my computer and now my search is not working: The Windows File Explorer Search bar and the search bar on Taskbar not working. I can't search for anything, I keep clicking the search bar to type something and it won't let me type. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  4. Windows 10 updated and now pin does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updated and now pin does not work: Windows 10 updated laptop that was given to me used and now I can not use the pin to OPEN UP the laptop. The account name is in the old name of the person that had it before and they are now deceased. So I can not ask them any information. I just want to open up my...
  5. Computer updated now not working.

Computer updated now not working.: Hope someone can help. I hate windows 10. Dont use this computer much & its brand new. Turned it on & its in a “safe mode”. Read all these blogs & it must have been an update that caused this. I finally found my Bitlocker key & its not working. My warranty just expired and i...
  6. New Surface Headphones firmware version 1.0.4.44 update - August 13

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Headphones firmware version 1.0.4.44 update - August 13: The following updates are available for all Surface Headphones: Firmware version Update info 1.0.4.44 Added new device controls to turn the following settings on or off: “Hey Cortana”, touch controls, and voice prompts. For more info, see Manage Surface Headphone settings....
  7. UPDATE WINDOWS NOW. IT'S CRITICAL

UPDATE WINDOWS NOW. IT'S CRITICAL: August's Windows updates are critical. I know a lot of us like to turn off automatic updates and that's cool, no one wants to deal with possible update bugs. These updates are dealing with serious vulnerabilities that affect all systems back to XP. I urge you to please get...
  8. Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 18956 now available - August 13

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 18956 now available - August 13: Today, we released a new Windows 10 Preview Build of the SDK to be used in conjunction with Windows 10 Insider Preview (Build 18956 or greater). The Preview SDK Build 18956 contains bug fixes and under development changes to the API surface area. The Preview SDK can be...
  9. Next Week on Xbox: New Games for August 13 to August 16

in Windows 10 News
    Next Week on Xbox: New Games for August 13 to August 16: Welcome to Next Week on Xbox, where we cover all the new games coming soon to Xbox One! Every week the team at Xbox aims to deliver quality gaming content for you to enjoy on your favorite gaming console. To find out what’s coming soon to Xbox One, read on below and click on...
  10. Xbox One OS Update 10.0.17134.4071 (1806.180802-1822) - August 13

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox One OS Update 10.0.17134.4071 (1806.180802-1822) - August 13: OS version: 10.0.17134.4071 (rs4_release_xbox_dev_1806.180802-1822) Release date 08/13/2018 Home Made stability improvements to the guide on Home to prevent parties crashing and other guide functionality to be unstable. My games and apps Fixed an issue where certain games...