Windows 10: Windows crushed when updating was interrupted when internet was off

Discus and support Windows crushed when updating was interrupted when internet was off in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows crushed when updating was interrupted when internet was off. How to recover to so that windows can run again without reinstalling? It very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Aji2019, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Aji2019 Win User

Windows crushed when updating was interrupted when internet was off

Windows crushed when updating was interrupted when internet was off.

How to recover to so that windows can run again without reinstalling?

It very very tiring, annoying, waiting for boring hours of installing. This was happened many times to many different PCs even though those have licensed. Microsoft should do about this issue. I hate update, failed, reinstall, again again again.

:)

Aji2019, Dec 18, 2018
  2. intprob Win User

Help with Hardware Interrupts

To use Krview, ignore any driver that is part of Windows or that is for the CPU idle thread.
    inteppm is for the CPU idle thread, ignore it.
    hal and ntkrnlpa are part of Windows, ignore them.
    ati2mtag is the first one on the list that is elevated and relevant.
    Find out what hardware interrupt it uses and then any device that shares this interrupt could be the problem. It might not be ati2mtag.
    If its the video driver, can you use another card?
    Putting the computer to sleep might reset things.

intprob, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    candy crush app won't respond

Hi James,

We need to gather more information for us to better understand your concern about, accessing the Candy Crush app. Kindly answer these questions:

• Can you access the Candy Crush app before? If so, when did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • Can you please describe to us what is happening when you open the Candy Crush app? Are you encountering an error message when accessing the app?
    • What is the OS Build of your Windows 10? To determine the build of your Windows 10, follow these steps:
      • Click the Windows logo (Start button).
      • Click the gear icon (Setting).
      • Select System.
      • On the left pane, choose About.
    • Can you still access your other applications?

There may be an issue with the files of the Candy Crush app that is why you're having an issue accessing it. In the meantime, we suggest running theWindows
    Store apps troubleshooter
    to see if the troubleshooter will be able to replace the files of the app.

We await for your response.

Argel Obm, Dec 18, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows crushed when updating was interrupted when internet was off - Similar Threads - crushed updating was

2. What to do when you interrupt an update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do when you interrupt an update?: I accidentally switched off the computer while it was working on updates. Then I held the on button for approximately 30 seconds and tried to switch it on again. Then it said "we were unable to complete the update. Undoing changes, do not turn off your computer" then it went...
  3. What to do when you interrupt an update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What to do when you interrupt an update?: I accidentally switched off the computer while it was working on updates. Then I held the on button for approximately 30 seconds and tried to switch it on again. Then it said "we were unable to complete the update. Undoing changes, do not turn off your computer" then it went...
  4. Windows sometimes crushes when i turn off bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sometimes crushes when i turn off bluetooth: Hello, for some time i have been having an issue in windows - when i turn off bluetooth windows crushes and i get the blue screen with stop code: BAD_POOL_CALLER , what can i do?...
  5. Windows sometimes crushes when i turn off bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows sometimes crushes when i turn off bluetooth: Hello, for some time i have been having an issue in windows - when i turn off bluetooth windows crushes and i get the blue screen with stop code: BAD_POOL_CALLER , what can i do?...
  6. Windows Microsoft Edge crushes when buying products

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Microsoft Edge crushes when buying products: The windows MS Edge crushes when I am ready to finalized the purchase. The crush is so suddenly that I don't have the time to copy any error message or print screen then reboot. It is becoming annoying. Need help. System: HP Pavilion 590-P0057C OS: Windows 10 Home edition...
  7. Internet problems when updating.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet problems when updating.: Idk if it is just me but every single time I update something my internet will disconnect. Only on my pc it will happen. Currently trying to download warzone but my internet will keep crashing minutes after I start to update it. Happens in epic games, steam and blizzard....
  8. Windows 10 Shuts Off Internet Access When it's Time For Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Shuts Off Internet Access When it's Time For Update: Ive been having this for awhile on my desktop but how can I fix my pc from turning off my internet connection until I update? It happens at any point in time. Ill be doing something such as watching a video and then it wont play, my internet connection shows its fine,...
  9. Interruptions and beeps when typing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Interruptions and beeps when typing: I think I must have pressed something unconsciously. When typing, if I am very quick the characters appear on screen normally. With slightly slower keying I get a beep and the entry is not accepted until after a significant pause. I gather that I may have activated sticky...
  10. Laptop not connecting to internet when turned off and back on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop not connecting to internet when turned off and back on: It is running windows 10, and is a lenovo ideapad330. When i am connected to a wifi connection and close my laptop, turn it off, or it goes to sleep, once it is turned back on, it won't connect to the same wifi connection that it was previously connected to. I am unsure if...