Windows 10: Windows Cumulative Update Problems

Discus and support Windows Cumulative Update Problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every week or two Microsoft comes out with a cumulative update to Window 10. Great, but...I have a half dozen computers on my home network and it seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ken429, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Ken429 Win User

Windows Cumulative Update Problems

Every week or two Microsoft comes out with a cumulative update to Window 10. Great, but...I have a half dozen computers on my home network and it seems after one of these updates I have to got into Device Manager>Network Adapter and turn off the "Allow this Device to wake computer" on every computer that I want Sleep to work correctly - not wake every two minutes.

Second issue, after one of these updates I have to go into Windows Settings>Network & Internet>Network Reset and and reboot the system and say Yes make it visible on the network! It would appear that I must be one of the few out there that likes to share information on my home network or I'm screwed up on how I am using the computers on my network.

The good new is that this routine has not changed for several months. In the past it was a learning and Googling exercise to figure out what needed to be changed to restore a home network after a major update!

Is it just me or are others experiencing these annoying glitches? Help appreciated.

:)

Ken429, Jan 26, 2019

2. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) will not install

Anyone else having problems getting the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) installed? This update has been failing for me & doing a failed to update after downloading & reboot, then rebooting & removing the update.

V 10.0 build 10240

broken pixel, Jan 26, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) will not install

Maybe try with the Windows update mini-tool, found here http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...dows-10-automatic-updates-and-spyware.218745/ , thanks to Mussels. it installed perfectly for me last night.

rtwjunkie, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Windows Cumulative Update Problems

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

I think today's windows update(stable channel) solves d issue

Cumulative Update KB4020102 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.332

• Addressed issue where, after installing the Creators Update, audio output through external decoders no longer works.

Sai Sreekantt M, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows Cumulative Update Problems

1. Windows Cumulative Update Problems - Similar Threads - Cumulative Update Problems

2. Windows Cumulative Update Problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Cumulative Update Problems: Every week or two Microsoft comes out with a cumulative update to Window 10. Great, but...I have a half dozen computers on my home network and it seems after one of these updates I have to got into Device Manager>Network Adapter and turn off the "Allow this Device to wake...
  3. When is a Cumulative Update not a Cumulative Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When is a Cumulative Update not a Cumulative Update?: I've just completed a clean install of Windows 10 v1809 (Build 17763.292) x64 After running Windows Update to get the latest patches, I found that it had downloaded two versions of 2019-01 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 for Windows 10 Version...
  4. Windows 10 Pro - Cumulative Updates cause problems!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Pro - Cumulative Updates cause problems!: Every week or two Microsoft comes out with a cumulative update to Window 10. Great, but...I have a half dozen computers on my home network and it seems after one of these updates I have to got into Device Manager>Network Adapter and turn off the "Allow this Device to wake...
  5. Cumulative Updates

Cumulative Updates: The last Cumulative update that was successful on my Laptop was 2018 09 1803 64 based KB4462919 (19/10/2018). I haven't been able to receive any more (currently 2019 01 KB4480966) since then although I have received other updates. 1/ Are these cumulative updates important? I...
  6. Problems Downloading/Installing 'Cumulative Updates'

Problems Downloading/Installing 'Cumulative Updates': Hello, for the last three 'Cumulative Updates' I have brought up the Check for Updates facility, and requested Updates. Usually, several updates appear, one of which is the 'Cumulative Updates (KB...……)'. These last 3 times with the Cumulative Updates 'file', the Preparing to...
  7. Cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cumulative updates: Hi All, I am having problems with the latest updates downloading and installing on my Desktop computer.. A search of the internet for Error code: (0x80073712) seems this is not a new occurrence, but it is new to me. The windows update detects there is this: Cumulative...
  8. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 problems: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3194496) Three days ago my desktop tried to update 1607 3 times. Each time on reboot it says failed to update and reverts. Each day it tries again at shutdown. Yesterday my second(son's) computer...
  9. V1511 Update cumulative update - still having a problem with Discovery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    V1511 Update cumulative update - still having a problem with Discovery: After the V1511 update exercise on Network Discovery, the fix that MS came out with a few days ago resolved the Discovery problem on 6 of the 7 computers on my home network. Unfortunately, I have one system that is still not recognized. As far as I can tell all the settings...
  10. Weird Problem with Cumulative Update and 0x800705b4

Weird Problem with Cumulative Update and 0x800705b4: "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1511" (the one around 11/18 or 11/19) kept failing with error code 0x800705b4. The first time, I did a restart. Checked for updates and tried again. No change. I waited a day and tried again. No change. The update manager kept setting...