Windows 10: Windows Cumulative Updates Classification Consistency Issue

Discus and support Windows Cumulative Updates Classification Consistency Issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We have noticed the last couple months that a Windows Cumulative update for Server 2016/Windows 10 -1607 will come out on Patch Tuesday. We will then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EvanHenryJR, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Windows Cumulative Updates Classification Consistency Issue

We have noticed the last couple months that a Windows Cumulative update for Server 2016/Windows 10 -1607 will come out on Patch Tuesday. We will then approve it on the following Tuesday. We then push out updates to clients on the next Friday (10 days later) and the approved update is not installing. Further investigation shows that Microsoft has been pushing out another update that supersedes it 7 days after Patch Tuesday. As it is superseded, our 2016 servers are not installing either of them. I believe this has to do with the first one that comes in on Patch Tuesday being "Security - Critical" and the one coming out a week later being "Optional" which we by policy have auto deny.

If you look in the Windows Update Catalog you can see that the main one KB4507460 came out on Patch Tuesday and is Classification: Security Updates. Then the following Tuesday KB4507459 comes out and supersedes KB4507460 but is only classified as Classification: Updates. And although they are classified differently, they do show they supersede each other.

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4507460

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4507459

Is there a reason Microsoft is not consistent on this issue?

Thanks,

Evan

:)

EvanHenryJR, Jul 29, 2019

2. Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

I think today's windows update(stable channel) solves d issue

Cumulative Update KB4020102 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.332

• Addressed issue where, after installing the Creators Update, audio output through external decoders no longer works.

Sai Sreekantt M, Jul 29, 2019
  3. byu1 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

Maybe it is fixed. I just updated to 15063.332. when I click on test a sound, no error .

4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows Cumulative Updates Classification Consistency Issue

Windows update issues

Came here to suggest this.*Laugh :laugh:

Definitely not an issue with the Windows Servers as I just re-installed yesterday and got all my updates.

newtekie1, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows Cumulative Updates Classification Consistency Issue

1. Windows Cumulative Updates Classification Consistency Issue - Similar Threads - Cumulative Updates Classification

2. Consistent WiFi Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistent WiFi Issues: Hi,I have had some issues with wifi connection for over 6 months now on Windows 11 21H2 currently. The WiFi everyday seems to disconnect and reconnect a long time later. I got to the menu where you can easily switch on and off your wifi and bluetooth and see that the WiFi has...
  3. Cumulative update issue for windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cumulative update issue for windows 10: The first Anti virus update has successfully been downloaded and installed and i am still stuck with with the cumulative update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cumulative-update-issue-for-windows-10/99085c0b-fe2f-4e10-908f-c6827cab7aeb
  4. Cumulative update issue for windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cumulative update issue for windows 10: The first Anti virus update has successfully been downloaded and installed and i am still stuck with with the cumulative update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cumulative-update-issue-for-windows-10/99085c0b-fe2f-4e10-908f-c6827cab7aeb
  5. Cumulative update issue for windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. classification of a question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    classification of a question: I cannot make up my mind which category my questions fit into. I have a collection of problems which all fit loosely into Windows 10 because that is the operating system I have. But they boil down to confusions concerning User Accounts. I have asked a question but cannot find...
  7. classification of a question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    classification of a question: I cannot make up my mind which category my questions fit into. I have a collection of problems which all fit loosely into Windows 10 because that is the operating system I have. But they boil down to confusions concerning User Accounts. I have asked a question but cannot find...
  8. classification of a question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Consistent Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Consistent Issues: I've been having a few issues for quite a long time now Here are my specs Windows 10 Pro AMD FX-8370 4.33 GHz Nvidia GTX 970 16GB DDR3 Ram and I boot off a Samsung 860 EVO 500gb SSD For the past few months I've been having easily two bluescreens a day. After about...
  10. Cumulative update issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cumulative update issue: Hello! As usual I checked for updates.. it showed a list to download and install.. After downloading, windows failed to install cumulative update for windows version 1909.. I tried to solve by using 'Have a question' option.. I tried every steps which were mentioned in 'Get...