Windows 10: Windows Custom Color crashes the Settings app when using custom display scaling

Discus and support Windows Custom Color crashes the Settings app when using custom display scaling in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. I have a problem with custom color on Windows 10. Every time I try to set the custom color, the whole Settings app crashes. It happens only when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ehalill, Nov 23, 2018.

1. ehalill Win User

Windows Custom Color crashes the Settings app when using custom display scaling

Hi.

I have a problem with custom color on Windows 10. Every time I try to set the custom color, the whole Settings app crashes. It happens only when I use a custom display scaling, not the default. But using custom scaling is very important to me (the default options are either too small or too big). Also the problem has not been there from the beginning, for a long while all worked perfectly. Not anymore, though. Is there a fix for this?

:)

ehalill, Nov 23, 2018

2. Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. globe switch

Hi Lasse,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to customize the display scaling and check if it helps.

• Right click on the open area on the Desktop.
    • Select the Graphics properties.
    • Click on Display option.
    • Click on the General settings from the left pane.
    • Under the Scaling click on the Customize
      Aspect Ratio
      and try to customize.
    • Click on Apply.
    • If you want to reset the display scaling settings then follow till the above 4th step.
    • Then under the Scaling click on the Maintain Display Scaling.
    • Click on Apply.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Nov 23, 2018
  3. After changing Custom scaling in the Display settings, the display is fuzzy or unreadable

Hi Jestoni,

If the text looks fuzzy or blurry when you use custom scaling, this might happen if the custom size is not set to a 25% increment. For example, if your custom scaling is set to 157%, try changing it to 150% or 175%.

If you use custom scaling and now you’re not able to read the screen well enough to restore your display settings, try starting Narrator by pressing the Windows logo key + Enter. Then press Tab to navigate through the interface until you find the right option
    for restoring your display settings.

Regards.

Ferman Ver, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Windows Custom Color crashes the Settings app when using custom display scaling

Windows 10 Custom Colors crashes Settings app

In Personalization->Colors Whenever I try to click "Custom color" the pop up window appears but is not responsive and and after a few seconds the whole of it and Settings crashes (exits).

I'm running Windows 10 1803 Build 17134.48

EliranGonen, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Windows Custom Color crashes the Settings app when using custom display scaling

1. Windows Custom Color crashes the Settings app when using custom display scaling - Similar Threads - Custom Color crashes

2. Custom Scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Scaling: Hello!I recently switched monitors and for some reason, the new one is much larger than the previous one. I am trying to set the Display Scale to somewhere around 80%. But it only allows 100-500%. Any help is much appreciated!...
  3. Custom Scaling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Scaling: Hello!I recently switched monitors and for some reason, the new one is much larger than the previous one. I am trying to set the Display Scale to somewhere around 80%. But it only allows 100-500%. Any help is much appreciated!...
  4. Setting a custom scaling factor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting a custom scaling factor: So what im trying to understand here is how the custom scaling factor works.I set my custom scaling factor to 100% and turned off the "let Windows try to fix scaling for apps" feature. Now my desktop looks the exact same as expected and wanted but my mouse movement feels...
  5. Setting a custom scaling factor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting a custom scaling factor: So what im trying to understand here is how the custom scaling factor works.I set my custom scaling factor to 100% and turned off the "let Windows try to fix scaling for apps" feature. Now my desktop looks the exact same as expected and wanted but my mouse movement feels...
  6. Setting a custom scaling factor

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Custom Scaling for One App?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom Scaling for One App?: Downloaded Game Trial/App from Xbox, and there is a bug that, when set to my current scaling of 200%, the fullscreen mode of the game is reduced to a quarter of the screen despite mouse interactions remaining in the same spots. This is solved by setting scaling to 100%, but...
  8. Custom display scaling per monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom display scaling per monitor: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/caefzu/custom_scaling_per_monitor/ Is this possible by now? In windows10 you have to use custom scaling, because with the regular scaling option, basic stuff like properties of a file are blurry. The problem is that custom scaling,...
  9. Display Customization - Scaling

Display Customization - Scaling: I would like to scale one of my monitors below 100%. I know Microsoft currently does not allow this. It would be nice if they would allow for a custom scaling option of your choosing or adjustments in 5% increments down to maybe 50%. Does anyone know if there is a work...
  10. Custom scaling on multiple displays

Custom scaling on multiple displays: I work with a 3 monitor configuration. I have an Asus Zenbook Pro Duo with 2 screens: - Primary screen: 3840x2160p 15.6 inch - Secondary screen: 3840x1100p, it has the same physical width than the primary but half the height Plus, an external monitor 3rd screen: Viewsonic...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows custom color crashes

2. windows 10 custom color crashes settings

3. settings crahing when clicking on custom col ors