Windows 10: Windows Custom Theme only works on Administrator account

Discus and support Windows Custom Theme only works on Administrator account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Alright I know you guys like fake theming here but Im desperate. I have a REAL theme, (not the type where you just put in a bunch of images, like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rom4ster, Jul 21, 2017.

1. rom4ster Win User

Windows Custom Theme only works on Administrator account

Alright I know you guys like fake theming here but Im desperate. I have a REAL theme, (not the type where you just put in a bunch of images, like complete UI rework). Its the Windows 10 Black Edition theme. It just does not work when I am not on the Administrator account. It does not matter if I have admin rights or not. It just wont modify the windows. The universal apps do get modified however.
    If anyone knows what is causing this please let me know.

:)

rom4ster, Jul 21, 2017

2. Windows 10 accent colour doesn't change automatically

I just checked my other account, the administrative account I set up with the machine, and the color cycle works with that account, so it is a per-account problem. The account having the problem has a
    lot of themes previously installed in Windows 8, 8.1, and now 10, including custom themes I created myself. It is a limited user account, but I tried making it an admin account and that did not fix the problem, so it isn't a LUA bug.

The behavior is that the accent color changes once, when the switch is selected, but then does not change with subsequent wallpapers. Good luck hunting it down.

R. Hansen_690, Jul 21, 2017
  3. Mingjai Win User
    Windows 10 accent colour doesn't change automatically

I saw this response and did some testing on my Surface Pro 3. On my device, the problem seems to be per-account as well. The original (and only at the time) account I used when upgrading and subsequently experienced the problem of the background colors not
    changing did have custom-created themes installed. I've tried deleting all of the custom themes, checking to ensure that these themes were not cloud-syncing, and then rebooting the machine, but that didn't fix the issue.

However, when I create a new user account on the device, the background colors change just fine with the new user account.

Mingjai, Jul 21, 2017
  4. sml156 Win User

Have you tried setting the account to admin and then make all the changes you want then set it back to non admin.

sml156, Jul 21, 2017
  5. rom4ster Win User
    Yes thats the first thing I tried. I even tested on a completely new account. ANY GUI changes (theme wise, icons and stuff i can do) i make to the system only work on admin account.
    This is incredibly annoying too.
    EVERY time they release a new windows or it becomes harder to theme it

rom4ster, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Custom Theme only works on Administrator account - Similar Threads - Custom Theme works

2. custom mouse cursor theme not showing up on user account, only on admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    custom mouse cursor theme not showing up on user account, only on admin account: i installed the following cursor pack:https://www.deviantart.com/mj-lim/art/Android-Material-Cursors-Blue-606792782or any other theme for that matter.just right clicked the install.inf file, clicked install, thats it.it does not show up on my user account - when i log into...
  3. custom mouse cursor theme not showing up on user account, only on admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    custom mouse cursor theme not showing up on user account, only on admin account: i installed the following cursor pack:https://www.deviantart.com/mj-lim/art/Android-Material-Cursors-Blue-606792782or any other theme for that matter.just right clicked the install.inf file, clicked install, thats it.it does not show up on my user account - when i log into...
  4. custom mouse cursor theme not showing up on user account, only on admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Theme customization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Theme customization: I tried to customize windows in terms of background and text. In order to do that, I had to select high contrast setting and then do whatever I want. It did worked pretty fine, BUT, Excel's background turned black on its own and I have a huge lists with differently colored...
  6. [Windows 10] Custom Theme not fully working.

[Windows 10] Custom Theme not fully working.: I have installed a custom theme pack onto my computer. I have correctly installed UltraUXThemePatcher and restarted. However, when I select the new theme pack, it does not change the icons in the top right or the task bar icon and etc. I am using version 1903, so it should...
  7. Custom Themes

Custom Themes: So,I just uninstalled a theme,now,i cant open settings,doesn't show me nothing.And when I try to open personalize it shows me this: ______________________________________________________________________ |_ms-settings:personalization-background_____________________|✖️| |...
  8. Customizing Themes

Customizing Themes: I would like to add corporate information e.g. company vision, mission, objectives etc onto some of the nice images that come with Windows 7/10 so that while the computer is ideal I can use it to communication good and useful company information. Is this allowable by MS?...
  9. Custom themes not working

Custom themes not working: Whenever I try to use a custom theme downloaded from the likes of DeviantArt, I get this (i.e. horrible big borders and boxes round the minimize etc buttons, and no element of the theme), it's basically the same as the inbuilt Aero Lite theme: [img] Rather than what it...
  10. Custom windows 10 themes does not work

Custom windows 10 themes does not work: Hi, I'm trying to apply a custom theme on my windows 10 x64 (10586.494) . i already installed uxtheme patcher and follow this video tutorial. I have attached a screenshot of what happens after i apply them. can anyone tell me whats wrong here ? [img] Thanks !...