Windows 10: Windows cuts sound out if it has dropped below a certain volume, and there is a delay init...

Discus and support Windows cuts sound out if it has dropped below a certain volume, and there is a delay init... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When listening to any audio on my PC, if the volume is very quiet/silent for a few seconds or more, the sound will cut out (you can hear this because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 0kido, Dec 24, 2018.

1. 0kido Win User

Windows cuts sound out if it has dropped below a certain volume, and there is a delay init...

When listening to any audio on my PC, if the volume is very quiet/silent for a few seconds or more, the sound will cut out (you can hear this because the very faint hiss that comes from a silent speaker will cut out, as though the speakers aren't in use at all any more).

When a sound begins to play/become audible again, Windows takes a moment to react to this, and starts the speaker again, but with a delay (of up to a few seconds at times). This is super frustrating when trying to listen to music or watch a video as it cuts out all the time, making things unwatchable/unlistenable.

I've noticed that the volume bar is also grey now, instead of the windows accent colour, and these things both occurred at the same time. They started occurring when I changed my windows Equaliser settings, and the troubleshooter recognised that this was a problem. I ran the troubleshooter which set everything back to default, but the problem is still occurring.

this is a bug, which I guess will be fixed, but what's the workaround for now? reinstalling the drivers doesn't work either

:)

0kido, Dec 24, 2018
  2. Oldgye Win User

Dropped short cut

Once again I find myself looking for a long used short cut. Apparently Windows 10 and Bing do not like Yahoo. I downloaded 10 and was comfortable navigating around. The next day, I logged on and Yahoo was among the missing. Easy to go to Windows Edge
    and then to Yahoo, but the program will not right click to a drop down and choices of creating a short cut on the desk top. I tried Mr. Smithers fix to get Google Earth back, but yahoo is not listed in the "Apps' section. Any suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Oldgye, Dec 24, 2018
  3. sound delay

Hi Jakob,

We would like to know if you are pertaining to the Action Center in
    Windows 10, can you tell us if there's a delay either on sounds or the notification, or both?

This issue is quite unclear and incomplete to be understood which notification you are talking about. It is too broad for us to distinguish the main reason why you are having challenges/concerns with notifications. To have a better
    understanding of your concerns, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• Are you making a program or editing a script?
    • What feature of Windows 10 are you experiencing sound delays? Can you specify? Is it from
      Alarm, Calendar, Action Center, etc.?
    • Have you successfully performed this activity before?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Windows cuts sound out if it has dropped below a certain volume, and there is a delay init...

Sound cuts out when in game and call

Hello Lilium,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Sound cut's out in between games and calls. We will certainly help you.

• What happens when you only play the game and not use any other application? Does the sound stay?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

For now we suggest you to try the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix sound problems

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows cuts sound out if it has dropped below a certain volume, and there is a delay init...

1. Windows cuts sound out if it has dropped below a certain volume, and there is a delay init... - Similar Threads - cuts sound has

2. Sound cuts out constantly!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound cuts out constantly!!!: Windows 11 home, watching youtube or other videos. The sound randomly stops, especially when I have it running then I goto another application or tab. The only way I can fix it is to reload the sound driver via the trouble shooting. This is the most annoying thing I have ever...
  3. Audio sounds garbled and cuts out when volume is low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio sounds garbled and cuts out when volume is low: My computer seems to mute the audio when only low amplitude sounds are being played. Just as it's doing so, the audio also sounds garbled, like there's some sort of compression happening. It only lasts through the duration of low volume, so sounds that are supposed to be...
  4. Audio sounds garbled and cuts out when volume is low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio sounds garbled and cuts out when volume is low: My computer seems to mute the audio when only low amplitude sounds are being played. Just as it's doing so, the audio also sounds garbled, like there's some sort of compression happening. It only lasts through the duration of low volume, so sounds that are supposed to be...
  5. airpods sound cutting out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    airpods sound cutting out: I've started using my airpods on my laptop and the sound cuts out at random times, usually about ever 30 minutes but it can happen at any time. The airpods are still connected to windows but they aren't playing any sound and they dont show up in the playback devices. I'm...
  6. Sound cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound cutting in and out: The sound on my pc is cutting and out for half a second every few seconds. This only happens when I have a video game open. Can someone give me an easy to understand solution to this problem? I have already gone in and updates all my drivers and have tried deleting and...
  7. Sound cutting in and out

Sound cutting in and out: The sound on my pc keeps cutting in and out. No matter where the sound is coming from headset, speakers, etc. it cuts out for half a second every few seconds. This only occurs when I'm playing games though, when watching movies or chatting with friends it never happens. Can...
  8. Sound is constantly cutting in and out.

Sound is constantly cutting in and out.: So around a month ago, I turned my PC on to find that the audio is constantly cutting in and out on BOTH MY HEADSET AND SPEAKERS. I've listed this problem under devices and drivers, but I am fairly certain it is not a problem with my drivers. Every driver on my PC is up to...
  9. No sound below volume 6/100

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound below volume 6/100: If I lower the volume to 5/100 or lower there is no sound. With headphones on volume 2/100 was loud enough. Within the last week it now goes silent when I turn it down, and 6 is louder then I prefer. Anyone know what this is/how to fix it? Also this it not the first time...
  10. Sound cuts out intermittently

Sound cuts out intermittently: Hi, Since installing Windows 10, the sound will cut out every so often, usually while watching a video on YouTube or I've downloaded. If I reboot the sound works. I notice that I can't left click on the the task bar when this happens. To reboot I need to right click on the...