Windows 10: Windows Dark Theme Broke

Discus and support Windows Dark Theme Broke in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have light sensitive eyes, and spend a lot of time at my PC monitor, as was very happy when I was able to change Windows Explorer to an all dark... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HC1Gunner, Oct 26, 2019.

1. HC1Gunner Win User

Windows Dark Theme Broke

I have light sensitive eyes, and spend a lot of time at my PC monitor, as was very happy when I was able to change Windows Explorer to an all dark theme/background (several months ago).
    So I'm watching TV / surfing the net, when out of the corner of my eye, I see something flash on my monitor, at first glance everything looked the same. But then I noticed that file explorer had only part of its dark theme, but the address bar, and some of the area is a bright washed-out white, its so bad you can't even read anything on the address bar, or a file or folder that is selected.

1. I have no Windows restore points to try to go back to.
    2. I have changed the settings / colors from Light to Dark several times.
    3. Restarted Windows a couple of times.
    4. Loaded older/previous themes I have saved, that had good working Explorer dark setting / colors.

But its like something broke in File Explorer, no matter what I do, I'm stuck with this, any ideas would be appreciated! ! !

:)

HC1Gunner, Oct 26, 2019
  2. PJBull Win User

Dark Theme

Hello again,

I've repaired Office 365, I've had a look at the registry but made no change to it as it was already set to the dark theme.

Are you suggesting that reinstalling Office 365 will do the trick ?

Regards

Peter.

PJBull, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Dark Theme no longer works after November update

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with the information.

Let’s try uninstalling/reinstalling the theme and check if this helps. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Control Panel

• Click on Programs and features, locate for the Dark theme, right click on it and click on
      Uninstall.

• Now try installing it again and check.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 26, 2019
  4. PJBull Win User

Windows Dark Theme Broke

Dark Theme

Hello,

I've tried a few things suggested, like repairing Office and the problem still persists. Do you have any other ideas ?

The online version of Outlook works fine as far as the dark theme goes.

Regards

Peter.

PJBull, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows Dark Theme Broke

1. Windows Dark Theme Broke - Similar Threads - Dark Theme Broke

2. Windows Dark Theme Broke

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Dark Theme Broke: I have light sensitive eyes, and spend a lot of time at my PC monitor, as was very happy when I was able to change Windows Explorer to an all dark theme/background (several months ago). So I'm watching TV / surfing the net, when out of the corner of my eye, I see something...
  3. Dark Theme

Dark Theme: Hello, I have Windows 10 and I like the look of the Dark Theme. I have tried to select this theme for Office and it works, mostly. However, when I use Outlook 365 the message pane retains its white colour, and there is no sun or moon icon - in the options - to change it....
  4. windows dark theme

windows dark theme: hey there I really like that dark theme in windows and i saw that in my cousin's laptop. I would like to know that how can i enable that on mine? i like to have that dark windows and i appreciate your help and i wanted to know that can i customize that theme or it's not...
  5. Dark Theme

Dark Theme: I applied the dark theme in my laptop.I am only getting the dark theme in settings and not in file explorer/this pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-theme/e0c58784-3f5d-4b76-a2e9-b2378f57083e
  6. Dark Theme in Windows 10

Dark Theme in Windows 10: When i apply dark theme in windows 10, my windows file explorer and settings all become dark. Is it possible to keep only my setting dark while my file explorer light?...
  7. dark theme

dark theme: need dark theme for all apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-theme/4752842f-8df5-4a38-83a8-590fbb1edad8
  8. windows dark theme

windows dark theme: hello...hi my question is my pc is supporting to dark theme and its showing....but when I open windows explorer its not become dark? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-dark-theme/ff625bc2-f7e2-44df-b3e3-9a20e81f5e49
  9. Dark themes

Dark themes: Been looking for a theme where the individual windows have a black background like the high contrast themes but these look a little clunky. I have started using high contrast themes as the large areas of white in normal themes hurt my eyes . Any ideas? 33319
  10. Dark theme

Dark theme: I installed the dark theme but windows explorer is still with the light white theme so how do I make it dark pls? 24243