Windows 10: windows deactivated after factory reset

Discus and support windows deactivated after factory reset in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there,So i factory reset my pc not even 4/5 hours ago and now my windows is not activating? I product is licensed to me so i am not sure why i cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dean Banning, May 26, 2024.

1. windows deactivated after factory reset

Hi there,So i factory reset my pc not even 4/5 hours ago and now my windows is not activating? I product is licensed to me so i am not sure why i cant re activate it?

:)

Dean Banning, May 26, 2024

2. Windows deactivated after factory reset

I recently factory reset my computer because of an issue and out of no where it is now deactivated. No idea why this happened, as it has never happened to me before.

Rage Never, May 26, 2024
  3. Rhea_ Win User
    Factory Reset causing my Windows Activation to DEACTIVATE

Hey there,

Check my previous question if you'd like the context on as to why I did this:

I downloaded Windows 8.1 ISO file from the Official Microsoft Website without a USB, flash drive, or CD by "Installing Windows from a hard drive partition" then I reset my PC without the DVD. HOWEVER, by performing a factory reset it deactivated my Windows. I have the Windows (BIOS OEM Key) tried that, didn't work and 2) the Windows 8.1 Pro Product Key tried that, didn't work.

What do I do? I refuse to purchase another product key, all I did was a factory reset I don't understand why it deactivated.

Rhea_, May 26, 2024
  4. AndreePin Win User

windows deactivated after factory reset

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, May 26, 2024
Thema:

windows deactivated after factory reset

1. windows deactivated after factory reset - Similar Threads - deactivated factory reset

2. windows deactivated after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows deactivated after factory reset: Hi there,So i factory reset my pc not even 4/5 hours ago and now my windows is not activating? I product is licensed to me so i am not sure why i cant re activate it?...
  3. Factory Reset causing my Windows Activation to DEACTIVATE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory Reset causing my Windows Activation to DEACTIVATE: Hey there,Check my previous question if you'd like the context on as to why I did this:I downloaded Windows 8.1 ISO file from the Official Microsoft Website without a USB, flash drive, or CD by "Installing Windows from a hard drive partition" then I reset my PC without the...
  4. Factory Reset causing my Windows Activation to DEACTIVATE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory Reset causing my Windows Activation to DEACTIVATE: Hey there,Check my previous question if you'd like the context on as to why I did this:I downloaded Windows 8.1 ISO file from the Official Microsoft Website without a USB, flash drive, or CD by "Installing Windows from a hard drive partition" then I reset my PC without the...
  5. Windows deactivated after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows deactivated after factory reset: I recently factory reset my computer because of an issue and out of no where it is now deactivated. No idea why this happened, as it has never happened to me before....
  6. Windows deactivated after factory reset

Windows deactivated after factory reset: I recently factory reset my computer because of an issue and out of no where it is now deactivated. No idea why this happened, as it has never happened to me before....
  7. Windows deactivated itself and Windows installer is broken after a factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows deactivated itself and Windows installer is broken after a factory reset: So I did a factory reset on my Windows 10 PC and now the installer is broken and Windows deactivated itself. When I tried to download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 I got a error 0x80070641. Those are the logs [2278:2390][2022-05-14T21:18:01]i001: Burn...
  8. Windows deactivated itself and Windows installer is broken after a factory reset

Windows deactivated itself and Windows installer is broken after a factory reset: So I did a factory reset on my Windows 10 PC and now the installer is broken and Windows deactivated itself. When I tried to download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 I got a error 0x80070641. Those are the logs [2278:2390][2022-05-14T21:18:01]i001: Burn...
  9. Windows deactivated itself and Windows installer is broken after a factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Windows Suddenly Deactivated After Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Suddenly Deactivated After Factory Reset: I wanted to factory reset my PC because I wanted to clean out my SSD. After restarting, Windows is still activated for another hour or so and then deactivates. When its deactivated, a giant window covers my whole screen even my second monitor saying, "Windows is not...